MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Request for comments on schematic for diode OR gate
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Request for comments on schematic for diode OR gate
tobiasbp
Hello there.

I'm playing around with building some simple modules (In the tile form factor). One of them is a logic OR gate, built with diodes. Before ordering PCBs, I'd much appreciate it if someone could take a quick look at my schematic below, and point out any potential errors or downsides to the design.

Thank you,
Tobias
fitzgreyve
No propblems that I can see - Doepfer has this circuit on their DIY page, but they use a lower value for R1 (approx. 10k)
tobiasbp
fitzgreyve wrote:
No propblems that I can see - Doepfer has this circuit on their DIY page, but they use a lower value for R1 (approx. 10k)

Found the Dopfer page. Do you see any real world difference between using 100K vs 10K on the resistor?

Thanks,
Tobias
kassu
100k should be fine!
fitzgreyve
If you have (for example) a 5V input, a 10k resistor will give a current through the diode of 0.5mA, a 100k will give a current of 50uA. assuming dioes are 1n914 or similar, I can't see anything in the specifications for this to be a problem.

In theory the 100k should work OK, but if not you can always swap it for a lower value.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1