MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How Many $.£.€ have you chucked into your dark hearted ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author How Many $.£.€ have you chucked into your dark hearted ?
josaka
How Many $.£.€ do you think you have have you chucked into(invested smile ) your dark hearted monster.. (modular!) over the years ..??

Dead Banana ambulance Never maintain cash savings again Band


probably something most here dont really want to think about ... smile
JohnLRice
WAY more then I should have and WAY less then I want to.
Eric the Red
I’m still putting the final shopping list together... but by the time I make my final parts purchase my 157u / 300hp eurocase, I’ll be about 10k deep into my DIY project.

On the Dotcom side, not nearly as much, 2xbox 11’s with only about 15 spaces filled up with mostly used modules.
Flareless
Just enough to consider it a good start but not nearly enough to think the job is done Mr. Green
TRUE DEEP
Spent about 3.200 euros. Only have two 22-space portable cabinets.
josaka
my first buy was a £2600 .com system..
its mostly not in my sytem now..
which means it has been replaced buy other things !
+ 5 other shelves !!!!
eeek.
Esample9
“My greatest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my synthesizer for what I told her it cost.”

From Synthesizers.com website
sduck
all of it
Ockeghem
More than a Moog System 15
Less than a Moog System 55
(in $,
not number of modules)
smile cool
Huba-Swift
I'd say about 5-6k USD. I've managed to make that money fill about 80MU of spaces thanks to buying used and DIY.
Rex Coil 7
josaka wrote:
How Many $.£.€ do you think you have have you chucked into(invested smile ) your dark hearted monster.. (modular!) over the years ..??




josaka
Huba-Swift wrote:
I'd say about 5-6k USD. I've managed to make that money fill about 80MU of spaces thanks to buying used and DIY.


for you... its.. #howmanyhoursdaysweeksmonths.. ??
Flareless
josaka wrote:
Huba-Swift wrote:
I'd say about 5-6k USD. I've managed to make that money fill about 80MU of spaces thanks to buying used and DIY.


for you... its.. #howmanyhoursdaysweeksmonths.. ??


Excellent point! There's a dollar value associated with time and that's often incalculable.
Huba-Swift
josaka wrote:
Huba-Swift wrote:
I'd say about 5-6k USD. I've managed to make that money fill about 80MU of spaces thanks to buying used and DIY.


for you... its.. #howmanyhoursdaysweeksmonths.. ??
It's all free time that I wouldn't have been doing anything in anyways, so it doesn't count razz

That being said, the amount of time I spend putting stuff together has gotten a bit insane, especially over the past month I haven't bee able to get my mind off building synthesizers. I'd say I've spent around 400-500 solid hours on building MU related DIY modules for my 5U since I started. Recently I've been spending around 30-35 hrs a week building. That's on top of full-time university courses as well as part-time work. I hate having nothing to do as I get bored extremely easily, so it's important I'm always doing something. If anyone wants me to build them a module, let me know! at this point, I'm building things I don't need just because it's so much fun. hihi
cycad73
Somewhere in the five figures, but it took many years. In the last five years I've sold more than I've bought.
kindredlost
I've spent more $ than a sane person should but less than some, which is a pitiful way of excusing myself for the excessive hobby.

I do actually try to make music with it and share some of it with others on the internet. Does that count as a way to soothe my conscience?
JohnLRice
kindredlost wrote:
I've spent more $ than a sane person should but less than some, which is a pitiful way of excusing myself for the excessive hobby.

I do actually try to make music with it and share some of it with others on the internet. Does that count as a way to soothe my conscience?
yes, especially since your output is of exceptional quality! nanners Hug
Mark11Audio
JohnLRice wrote:
WAY more then I should have and WAY less then I want to.


What he said ^^^^^^^^

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! applause
josaka
mark.. you must be way up there..you have bought at least 3 or 4 major systems ...that I have seen smile smile smile
Mark11Audio
josaka wrote:
mark.. you must be way up there..you have bought at least 3 or 4 major systems ...that I have seen smile smile smile


yeah, I'm actually afraid to add up my past 30 years... cry waah waah waah waah waah seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it
Stereotactixxx
38MU + a few euro modules + a Cirklon and peripherals to control them + wood + power + cables.

Getting closer to $10k than you’d think.
arthurdent
I just got started a little over 2 years ago, I now have about $11K invested in eurorack. I started with a Mother-32, and built a 3U x 84HP skiff out of cardboard for some "extra" modules; I now have two M-32's, a 0-Coast, and a Pittsburgh Modular EP-420 case that's full. I have 2 modules that I don't do much with (BBD's), may get rid of them, but there is about another $2-3K of stuff that I "think I need to round out my system".

But I'm still thinking that I'd like to switch over to 5U...
mutierend
Probably about $8k or $9k. Way, way less than what I've put into Buchla. Dead Banana
josaka
arthurdent wrote:
I just got started a little over 2 years ago, I now have about $11K invested in eurorack. I started with a Mother-32, and built a 3U x 84HP skiff out of cardboard for some "extra" modules; I now have two M-32's, a 0-Coast, and a Pittsburgh Modular EP-420 case that's full. I have 2 modules that I don't do much with (BBD's), may get rid of them, but there is about another $2-3K of stuff that I "think I need to round out my system".

But I'm still thinking that I'd like to switch over to 5U...


lawd. if you are counting non modular.. forget it..nice house prices.. easy.
arthurdent
josaka wrote:
arthurdent wrote:
I just got started a little over 2 years ago, I now have about $11K invested in eurorack. I started with a Mother-32, and built a 3U x 84HP skiff out of cardboard for some "extra" modules; I now have two M-32's, a 0-Coast, and a Pittsburgh Modular EP-420 case that's full. I have 2 modules that I don't do much with (BBD's), may get rid of them, but there is about another $2-3K of stuff that I "think I need to round out my system".

But I'm still thinking that I'd like to switch over to 5U...


lawd. if you are counting non modular.. forget it..nice house prices.. easy.


In that cost, I did not include the Yamaha keyboard, Moog Etherwave Plus, the computer with Ableton and several Arturia synth apps, the iPad with the synth apps, headphones, monitor speakers, and then there's the stuff I bought to do DIY modules - soldering station, Oscilloscope, Fluke meter. OH YEAH, it can add up...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group