MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ISLA Instruments SP-2400
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author ISLA Instruments SP-2400
CF3
Courtesy of Fluxwithit:

Quote:
I can tell you… I have heard it… it sounds fantastic. It is going to make many of us very happy… and the corksniffers… so mad. I will be dropping random tid bits about this as they fall out the back of the secret laboratory this is being built in.

http://fluxwithit.com/who-is-making-the-sp-2400-and-is-it-real-exclusi ve-pictures/

Rockin' Banana!
LameAim
wuuuuuut

Is this a credible source?
tim gueguen
Something looks off about it to me.
thomachine
Why render a 3d image, and remove the brand name with microsoft paint??

I would guess someone is trying to force Behringer to show what they are working on. hehe. Specially since it was first shared in a Behringer thread over at GS.
CoreInside
behringer

* puts a pound in the swear jar *
Jason Brock
I'd buy that for $299.
Illwiggle
big deal if its for real. the key is the workflow, & of course the pitch down nastiness
Leverkusen
Behringer have denied to be involved in here.

https://www.amazona.de/sp-2400-sample-drummachine-ein-e-mu-sp-1200-clo ne/
magnetize
acidlab?
Man-In-A-Suitcase
It is not the work of Behringer, rumour has it, it's possibly the work of Rossum Electo-Music or someone else! But as i said definitely not Behringer.
boxxgrooved
Illwiggle wrote:
big deal if its for real. the key is the workflow, & of course the pitch down nastiness

That pitch down nastiness is the master stroke of the SP. I doubt Behringer will be able to reproduce that sound with modern converters
CF3
Flux is usually pretty reliable. Thats not to say it still can't be vaporware, but I tend to think it's real. Holding off on any real excitement until I see A.) an actual physical unit and announcement by whoever is doing it and B.) specs and a manual. There's a 100 little things that could render this lame if done wrong. First and foremost... the sound. It's what 99.99999% of all modern samplers get wrong. Then there's timing (yet another often overlooked "feature"). All samplers live and die on the operating system, so that's gotta be stable and manageable from a workflow perspective.

If indeed real... I wholeheartedly applaud the effort we're not worthy
Flux302
Serious question, why do people in this thread still say it's behringer when a 2 second read of my article explains that it is not behringer?
CF3
Flux302 wrote:
Serious question, why do people in this thread still say it's behringer when a 2 second read of my article explains that it is not behringer?

Because they have a hard-on for Behringer and can't let it go.

But back on topic... spill the beans Flux hihi
euromorcego
Flux302 wrote:

So is it from Behringer then? I heard it was Behringer ...

just trolling, of course. But in other news: there are already some sample players, some of which also allow for bit reduction and have filters. Starting with the new model-samples, digitakt, up to the mpc live. So where does this 'spititual successor' fit in? I guess it will depend on the price point whether this thing is for a small group of people that are looking for something very specific, ... or whether the rest of us should also care.
Kummer
Go Behringer! Rockin' Banana!

Edit: What?
suboptimal
Everything is Behringer. Behringer is everything.

My wife came home yesterday with a guy who looked vaguely like me, talked vaguely like me, and cooked sort of like me, but has significantly cheaper hobbies. I realized too late that I had been Behringered.
Dave Kendall
suboptimal wrote:
My wife came home yesterday with a guy who looked vaguely like me, talked vaguely like me, and cooked sort of like me, but has significantly cheaper hobbies. I realized too late that I had been Behringered.

Muffwiggler Quote Of The Week thumbs up
DiscoDevil
euromorcego wrote:
just trolling, of course. But in other news: there are already some sample players, some of which also allow for bit reduction and have filters. Starting with the new model-samples, digitakt, up to the mpc live. So where does this 'spititual successor' fit in? I guess it will depend on the price point whether this thing is for a small group of people that are looking for something very specific, ... or whether the rest of us should also care.

I assume analog filter on each voice and at least 8 individual outputs. The closest thing we have to that right now is the Pioneer SP-16 and that's a stretch.
IR
I think it might be a real E-mu. I somewhat remember them toying around on their website with the idea of re-releasing something, maybe 10 years ago.
Sir Ruff
IR wrote:
I think it might be a real E-mu. I somewhat remember them toying around on their website with the idea of re-releasing something, maybe 10 years ago.

It's the only company that hasn't been shot down yet as a potential maker (not Akai either apparently). And it would be great to see them building on their own legacy if so.
IR
Sir Ruff wrote:
IR wrote:

It's the only company that hasn't been shot down yet as a potential maker (not Akai either apparently). And it would be great to see them building on their own legacy if so.

I don't think any other company besides the B-company would copy fonts and styles. I could be wrong maybe, some very small companies do too..
Sir Ruff
IR wrote:
Sir Ruff wrote:
IR wrote:

I don't think any other company besides the B-company would copy fonts and styles. I could be wrong maybe.

Right--I was agreeing that it probably was EMU.
Kummer
Maybe Dave is doing EMU a solid and they are collaborating?

Edit: I didn't know EMU was still around

Edit 2: Notice that no one has shot down Dave Rossum working on this

Edit 3 (jesus christ): maybe Dave has acquired the EMU brand name somehow, sequential style
Orange
Kummer wrote:
Maybe Dave is doing EMU a solid and they are collaborating?

Edit: I didn't know EMU was still around

Edit 2: Notice that no one has shot down Dave Rossum working on this

Edit 3 (jesus christ): maybe Dave has acquired the EMU brand name somehow, sequential style

I vote for Edit 3. It's peanut butter jelly time!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6