MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Alex Jones is a living meme
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author Alex Jones is a living meme
xthrasherx
Recent gem of a sample I worked into a live hardware "techno" track featuring audio sampled into the Gotharman Little Deformer 2 and manipulated live along with a Eurorack modular synth system. Features industrial music electronics / harvestman, metasonix, zerosum inertia, endorphin.es, and wmd modules. Live recording with minimal computer processing. Pretty new to the whole techno thing (or whatever this is), so feedback would greatly appreciated.

Teaser Trailer

Full Track
DIRECT LINK

[s]https://soundcloud.com/weston-woodward/alexjonesxwx[/s]
kineticturtle
Hey good work on the music - I really enjoyed the "plucking" samples as ambiance, and the aggressive bassline - but sampling a known bigot using an ableist slur is really low hanging fruit, and somewhat ableist in itself, especially along with the imagery included. If your goal is to criticize pundits, I could encourage you to dig deeper and see if you can build humor through musical choices combined with more meaningful criticism.
xthrasherx
kineticturtle wrote:
Hey good work on the music - I really enjoyed the "plucking" samples as ambiance, and the aggressive bassline - but sampling a known bigot using an ableist slur is really low hanging fruit, and somewhat ableist in itself, especially along with the imagery included. If your goal is to criticize pundits, I could encourage you to dig deeper and see if you can build humor through musical choices combined with more meaningful criticism.

Thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate it. I thought the "over the top" nature of it all was pretty clear, but it was a quick take and honestly wasn't trying to reach very high other than being a simple, admittedly trollish, "LOL" moment. seriously, i just don't get it
kineticturtle
xthrasherx wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I do appreciate it. I thought the "over the top" nature of it all was pretty clear, but it was a quick take and honestly wasn't trying to reach very high other than being a simple, admittedly trollish, "LOL" moment. :despair:

Yeah I mean, you achieved that for sure - you just achieved it at the expense of non-neurotypical folks at least as much as Jones himself.

It's kinda like, this:
xthrasherx
See I thought it was more like this one:

Noted.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1