MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Vintage Flanger effects pedal
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Vintage Flanger effects pedal
Synthbuilder
So I found some SAD512D chips that I had forgotten about that had been reclaimed from a Klark Teknik DN34. Awesome I thought. But how do I know they work? So I built a slightly modified clone of my favourite flanger, the Boss BF-1, that was repurposed to take either a SAD512D or the original SAD1024. Flanger's are an excellent way of checking behaviour of BBDs since problems with insertion loss and age related noise are easily heard.

It fits nicely in a Hammond 1590XX case - although, as you can see, I spared no expense with my no frills Dymo labelling.

If you do have a spare SAD1024 knocking around and are wondering what to do with it I have made the PCB available to purchase.

http://www.oakleysound.com/Vintage_Flanger.htm

The project documentation is not quite complete. I have yet to add the calibration section and will do so in the next week or two. It is, however, the same as the BF-1.

If you don't have any SAD1024 or SAD512D then it'll probably not be worthwhile building this unit. I prefer the sound of the unit when built with the SAD1024.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1