MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Audio interview with Alessandro Cortini
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Audio interview with Alessandro Cortini
sempervirent
Interesting interview with Alessandro Cortini, ironically it's #266 (uncertainty!) in Darwin's long-running series of art/music/tech interviews:

http://artmusictech.libsyn.com/podcast-266-alessandro-cortini

Lots of Buchla-related discussion within...
knobs.
thanks for linkin this, I'll have a listen .
have been listening to his stuff for so many years now.
wondering why he got his muffwiggler handle deleted.
drmarble
sempervirent wrote:
Interesting interview with Alessandro Cortini, ironically it's #266 (uncertainty!) in Darwin's long-running series of art/music/tech interviews:

http://artmusictech.libsyn.com/podcast-266-alessandro-cortini

+1 loved this interview, found it very inspirational. And I only vaguely knew who Cortini was before, so this isn’t coming from a fanboy.
tomnicholson
Thanks for posting
Minimoog56
Nice to hear about his motivations for move to Berlin and evolution back into stringed electronic instruments. Would love to hear a Buchla processed solo guitar/bass album from Alessandro.
Virusinstaller
Cortini is such a nice person to listen too. It's great work time office listening that's for sure
Northern Structures
thumbs up
anomie
I'm coming to this late, but thank you so much for posting this - not just for the Cortini content, but for the A+M+T series, which was completely new to me. Such great content (just listenting to the Erik Emil Eskildsen one now!)
sempervirent
Yeah, it's a great series. It's been going for over five years.

I just skimmed the archive and realized that I had missed a few others: Morton Subotnick was #200, Todd Barton was #215. Chris Muir was #233, I did listen to that one a few weeks ago.

I remember the talks with Paul Schreiber (way back in the archives) and of course the one with Andrew Belt (who I collaborate with on VCV Rack) being particularly good. And there's one with Mark Verbos too. Hopefully I'll do a talk eventually as well, Darwin (who runs the podcast) has been a friend for many years.
anomie
And it's probably gonna take me 5 years to get through it all. It's amazing stuff. Cheers for the tip about Schreiber too - he's the reason I got into modulars in the first place
sempervirent
I had an MOTM system back in the day and contacted Paul about the possibility of doing a one-off panel for something or another. Somehow I ended up taking over panel layout/graphics from the previous designer, and that's really what got me into making alt panels and designing modules.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1