MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

STS website? Looks like it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author STS website? Looks like it.
trax
Has this been posted yet?


https://sound-transform-systems.myshopify.com
Reality Checkpoint
I really thought I would never see this.

Looks like it is not complete yet though.
wavecircle
5k for a TKB, 1.25K for a dual comparator... hmmm.....
trax
wavecircle wrote:
5k for a TKB, 1.25K for a dual comparator... hmmm.....


Well that’s how I assume it is real. Only Rex is this full of shit. thumbs up

Who is going to be the first person to call him and find out?
I would - but I don’t have 3 hours to waste! hihi
wavecircle
trax wrote:
wavecircle wrote:
5k for a TKB, 1.25K for a dual comparator... hmmm.....


Well that’s how I assume it is real. Only Rex is this full of shit. thumbs up

Who is going to be the first person to call him and find out?
I would - but I don’t have 3 hours to waste! hihi


lol lol lol
Avjr
Guess this goes to show how much of a good job the "competition" must be doing.

Still, inzane prices... Dead Banana
fredguy
Prices certainly are consistent. Dead Banana
jamb
this is totally fake. somebody is having a laugh on rex. didn't believe it for a second.
metasonix
jamb wrote:
this is totally fake. somebody is having a laugh on rex. didn't believe it for a second.

You willing to bet it's a hoax?

FWIW if Rex can charge $5k for a panel, I don't feel so bad about my prices. Unlike STS Metasonix really IS made of unobtanium....tubes for which production stopped 30 years ago.
ArguZ
Could we maybe also talk about the sound or is all about prices ?
lud
ArguZ wrote:
Could we maybe also talk about the sound or is all about prices ?


Lots of threads about the sound of STS vs the competition
jamb
metasonix wrote:
jamb wrote:
this is totally fake. somebody is having a laugh on rex. didn't believe it for a second.

You willing to bet it's a hoax?


I'd put 10 bucks on it. Not Rex's style, he doesn't do single modules, and he's also a meticulous person who wouldn't put up a shitty website like this. I was also quoted a custom M-Class panel recently well below the prices listed here for most m-class panels, which makes no sense.
FatRocky
Active Processor $1,250.00 !!!!!! zombie lol lol lol lol this has to be a joke
syncretism
jamb wrote:
I'd put 10 bucks on it. Not Rex's style, he doesn't do single modules, and he's also a meticulous person who wouldn't put up a shitty website like this. I was also quoted a custom M-Class panel recently well below the prices listed here for most m-class panels, which makes no sense.


If you're right, and if the hostname is legitimate (I'm too lazy to research myshopify.com vs shopify.com, but it looks like they're maintained by the same entity) then the real takeaway here is how easy it is to impersonate a business on Shopify.

Who knows. Maybe Reverb hasn't been moving units for the guy.
aethyr
If the site is still being built, prices could be placeholder. I really don't think he would charge $5k for a TKB or $1250 for an active processor.

Rex is a funny guy but not THAT funny.
revtor
Maybe this signals the return of the custom panel.
aethyr
or he finally came to his senses and realized it was demoralizing to sell on reverb as a company, not to mention the fees. However I know not.

syncretism wrote:
jamb wrote:
I'd put 10 bucks on it. Not Rex's style, he doesn't do single modules, and he's also a meticulous person who wouldn't put up a shitty website like this. I was also quoted a custom M-Class panel recently well below the prices listed here for most m-class panels, which makes no sense.


If you're right, and if the hostname is legitimate (I'm too lazy to research myshopify.com vs shopify.com, but it looks like they're maintained by the same entity) then the real takeaway here is how easy it is to impersonate a business on Shopify.

Who knows. Maybe Reverb hasn't been moving units for the guy.
cebec
I asked him today and it’s not his site. He said he wasn’t aware of it.
jamb
this is dumb, someone delete this thread.
Revok
I wonder if it's a kooky drop shipping scheme.
ArguZ
Maybe it is the return of ATSS ?
lasesentaysiete
SlayerBadger! hihi
ArguZ wrote:
Maybe it is the return of ATSS ?
tobb
Looks like scam!
sopresada
How much "would" one pay for a brand new, say, 4 panel STS system these days, out of interest?
jamb
Someone (i wonder who) has a bad sense of humor. Grade A troll. Talk about wasting time.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group