MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

R.A.Moog Modular performance...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author R.A.Moog Modular performance...
noddyspuncture
Hi folks,

Here a little video compilation I edited together of my yesterdays 'performance' at the Midlands Modular meet in Birmingham.

Hope you like it... cool

Rex Coil 7
Wwow .... geez Tom, it's not like you know your synth and it's capabilities or anything like that that. What a performance synth!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we bring you Tom Szakaly and his R.A.Moog he calls "The Beast"......
josaka
gwan Tom show those eurocrackers.. ..sure I saw a ghost in there..
Faustgeist
Great live piece . .

I kept on thinking 'Oh, yeah! That'll show the euro kids in the audience." Then the camera panned out. Lolz.

I chuckled and said look at the geezers honey. She said go look in the mirror. Now I'm shutting up. smile

Well done Tom!
~Robin
noddyspuncture
Faustgeist wrote:
Great live piece . .

I kept on thinking 'Oh, yeah! That'll show the euro kids in the audience." Then the camera panned out. Lolz.

I chuckled and said look at the geezers honey. She said go look in the mirror. Now I'm shutting up. smile

Well done Tom!
~Robin

Actually, the Euro folk can get much more "involved" and "developing" soundscapes going. I'm not sue that I myself would be into the types of 'noises' some of their modules make - but there were some really nice and atmospheric performances from them.

One thing I noticed was that a couple of them actually played a keyboard and added pads to their sequences - I might try that myself... can you imagine an actual written piece using the big Moog and say, a CS80 - played by hand..!?

Hmmm.... hmmm.....
JohnLRice
That was great, Tom! applause thumbs up SlayerBadger!
Esample9
Very nice, Tom. Thanks for sharing.
ranix
Cool!

How did you get your 960 to "ping-pong" and run backwards?
gregae
That was great Tom! An excellent performance of 'workarounds'! applause
Rex Coil 7
noddyspuncture wrote:
Faustgeist wrote:
Great live piece . .

Well done Tom!
~Robin

Actually, the Euro folk can get much more "involved" and "developing" soundscapes going. I'm not sue that I myself would be into the types of 'noises' some of their modules make - but there were some really nice and atmospheric performances from them.

One thing I noticed was that a couple of them actually played a keyboard and added pads to their sequences - I might try that myself... can you imagine an actual written piece using the big Moog and say, a CS80 - played by hand..!?

Hmmm.... hmmm.....
Keith Emerson.
gregae
What Rex just said... with a GX-1.
Esample9
gregae wrote:
What Rex just said... with a GX-1.

What gregae said.
kinkujin
Fab performance, very exciting. Well done sir.
umma gumma
that was cool!!

applause
HowDoIKnow
Tom

That was truly inspirational! It is amazing to watch you play the Moog without touching the keyboard once....I definitely detected a touch of "Node" in your performance we're not worthy

hdik
Rex Coil 7
Member *Tom .... is your Moog ribbon controller modified or is it stock?

I'll have my kybd controller up on it's feet soon (see pic below). It has two Dot Com ribbons and I have some ideas I want to try with them once up ~n~ rolling. Reason I ask is understanding how your ribbon is set up may help with the changes I have in mind with the dual Dot Com 20 inch ribbons.

Thanks for the fun performance in the video there .... The Beast never fails to entertain.

noddyspuncture
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Member *Tom .... is your Moog ribbon controller modified or is it stock?

Reason I ask is understanding how your ribbon is set up may help with the changes I have in mind with the dual Dot Com 20 inch ribbons.

My ribbon controller is stock Rex... on the video I have it controlling the (Hz/Volt) prototype Moog oscillator that came with my system which was incomplete and I finished with Dave Brown's help..! I use that oscillator for the ribbon antics (since it won't actually calibrate to 'play'... it just sweeps nicely from low to high) in the ELP tribute and I left it that way when setting up for this performance. It's patched from the CV out jacks and it's trigger is paralleled with trig-1 from the keyboard. I made a short cinch to cinch tail to connect trig-1 & trig-2 on the CP4 panel.

I can also, using CV switch #2 on the CP3 panels, connect it to any of my 901-A controllers and to the filter.

Cheers,
Tom
Rex Coil 7
Thank you very much, Tom.

I'm considering adding a pair of wheels (pitch/modulation), and perhaps the Moog Etherwave Plus theremin with the CV/Gate outs. I'm not a traditional theremin player, my uses of such a controller aim squarely at Jimmy Page/Joe Bonamassa style stuff through a space echo.

Thing is, each of the two 20" Dot Com ribbons offer a 5v+ range on both position (ch1) and pressure (ch2) as well as gates which may be manually triggered by a couple of momentary buttons and also when crossing a predetermined threshold (set with a knob) which is called "auto gate". The voltage ranges go from 5v, 2v, and 4/12v via 3 position toggle switch. All of that, x2, works out to be one hell of a lot of control.

So the theremin thing is a long-shot-maybe.

Anyhow, enough of my blabber ... thanks again for the information, it's been quite helpful .... just like when you told me how you were producing your live Hammond sounds on the stuff stacked up beneath the modular.

So thanks 2x!!!!

cool
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1