MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blonde Pamela's questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Blonde Pamela's questions
Velazquez
Hi,
I wanted to ask about some features of the Pamela's New Workout module. Is it possible to make a mix of triggers on it? For example: triggers from 1 to 4 outs release as a mix in 7, and a mix of triggers 5 and 6 in 8?

Can Pamela serve as a sequencer to create melodies and can I set a glide between notes? In other words, can it be used, like Ornament & Crime, to built note sequences?

Jacek
Shledge
1: Why not just use a mixer or OR combiner for this?

2: You can - just make sure RUN is set to rotate mode. It can't do glide though.
cptnal
When you're mixing outputs from Pam's it pays to reduce Width to 1 or 2%, otherwise they can overlap and you lose the effect.
dumbledog
Pam's by itself cannot combine gates, no. As Shledge implies you want a logic module for that.

I use two Erica Synths Pico Logic for the job. It has all your standard logic outputs making it pretty flexible and real fun for combining Euclidean sequences. AND will give you fewer hits, OR gives you more, but my favorite is XOR which is totally unpredictable.

And as cptnal says you need to be conscious of the gate lengths if you combine gates from channels with different speeds. For example, if you combine a 2x gate with a 1x, you want the 1x gate to have half the width so their gates are the same width.
hugo
cptnal wrote:
When you're mixing outputs from Pam's it pays to reduce Width to 1 or 2%, otherwise they can overlap and you lose the effect.

This had me for some hours! If you want your boolean operator to behave like it would on, say a programming language, you have to significantly reduce gate width. I use 1% width for multiple 1, 2% for multiple 2, etc.

CVing gate width is also pretty cool while doing this! The only problem is that you can't use these gates as CV modulation anymore...
Velazquez
Thanks for the answers. I wanted to make sure that in Pamela I can put selected notes into the sequence - not in a random mode. I would like to have control over it like in O & C or Varigate 4+. Is it possible in Pamela?
thetaflux
no it is not. pamela is not a sequencer, only a clock generator. with clever use of the advanced functions, you can mimic the effects of gate programming, but no, it won't do what you want it to as there are no CV outputs for notes.
cptnal
You can lock a repeating random pattern, Turing Machine style, but that's the closest you'll get to a sequencer with Pam's.
Shledge
thetaflux wrote:
no it is not. pamela is not a sequencer, only a clock generator. with clever use of the advanced functions, you can mimic the effects of gate programming, but no, it won't do what you want it to as there are no CV outputs for notes.

You can do it - level for each output acts as determining the "note". It won't be quantised though.
Velazquez
Thank you all for your answers!!!
StoneLaw
So yeah pamela is a clock source and not a sequencer, but just to be fair I'd say you could use an inexpensive OR logic module to combine gates and end up with something somewhat similar to the trigger riot... this is prob one of my favorite ways ever to do rhythms.

Also, considering a typical sequence is a unipolar stepped pattern, and since you can control gate width, you could send a bunch of gates into a mixer to create a sequence (it works best if all the widths are like "full" note values, like the gates are 1/16th or 1/8 or 1/2 note long etc and not shorter or longer.) Heck if instead of a mixer you used something like Blinds (quad bipolar vcas that mix) you could prob use all 8 gates and get a crazy complex sequence by having some gates affect the scaling of other gates into the mixer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1