MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Output Platform Desk
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Output Platform Desk
Red Electric Rainbow
Not totally sure where to post this but this feels the most appropriate.

Im thinking of pulling the trigger on the Output Platform desk and lm just wondering if anyone here has one and cares to comment on its construction quality. As much as Id rather spend the money on gear lm at the point where having a clean workspace is just as important.

Output Platform Desk

kcd06
Just to ask the obvious question, have you considered making a desk to a similar design yourself rather than buying one?
Red Electric Rainbow
kcd06 wrote:
Just to ask the obvious question, have you considered making a desk to a similar design yourself rather than buying one?


I have but I am legit the least handy person.
I saw some layouts for a DIY version of this online so I was considering buying one and having some slabs of baltic birch handy then tracing the pieces prior to assembly because 1 desk wont be enough. The copied second desk will be without the the second tier and will host more desktop gear.
criticalmonkey
i haven't seen this desk but a couple of points to consider

that thing is awful tall -
so those monitors are up in the acoustic space - even in that photo the speakers are on major stands well away - so in a big room
or
your keyboard is a real knee banger
Muzone
It looks OK but I can't escape the thought that even without DIY skills hiring a local chippy to make something similar would be cheaper as it is certainly carpentry rather than cabinet making.
Red Electric Rainbow
criticalmonkey wrote:
i haven't seen this desk but a couple of points to consider

that thing is awful tall -
so those monitors are up in the acoustic space - even in that photo the speakers are on major stands well away - so in a big room
or
your keyboard is a real knee banger


yeah the pull-out keyboard stand is optional and l was gonna skip that because l don’t use a dedicated master keyboard.
Red Electric Rainbow
Muzone wrote:
It looks OK but I can't escape the thought that even without DIY skills hiring a local chippy to make something similar would be cheaper as it is certainly carpentry rather than cabinet making.


l didn’t think about outsourcing the work but thats a solid idea.
felixer
remember that you will have to have some paint (or oil) on it if you want to keep it looking good. i prefer oil, but those woods aren't the most pretty, so i would prob go for paint ...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group