MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is all well with SAmodular??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Is all well with SAmodular??
Geir
Hi peeps.
I have been trying to reach Steffen Ahmad over at SAmodular for a missing part in an order. But I havent been able to reach him anywhere.

Do anyone know if everything is ok with him? I just find it odd that I don't get any answers.
cuttooth
I'm in a similar situation with Steffen and haven't had better luck than you conversing with him.
maltemark
Also haven't received any replies for two months or so
Rowan
I ordered a couple of boats and various small parts from him about 4 weeks ago and they arrived with in a week.
cygmu
He’s posting things for sale on Facebook a bit and bumped his FS thread here yesterday so still alive I guess.
ArguZ
I just received a shipment with new boats, ready to go power systems, power boards and tons of trimmers.
Everything perfectly packed as always.
So i assume the part you are waiting might be out of stock or you are lower in the queue.
Keep in mind Steffen is designing modules, organized front panels, is building racks and now assembling kits on top of that.
Hats off and godspeed smile
Geir
Even if my inquiry is of lower priority, a short answer would only be good customer service. Allthough I do appriciate him being a one man band. But still.
mutierend
I've reached out to him for help with replacement busboards that he promised a couple of months ago. He replied with an update and then went dark again. I hope he's able to get up to date with everything soon. He makes great cases.

I went ahead and recorded my new album with the 292e leak and did my best to mix around it. confused
deltaphoenix
mutierend wrote:
I've reached out to him for help with replacement busboards that he promised a couple of months ago. He replied with an update and then went dark again. I hope he's able to get up to date with everything soon. He makes great cases.

I went ahead and recorded my new album with the 292e leak and did my best to mix around it. confused


Yup, I am looking for an update on the bus board too. Haven’t heard back from Steffen.
weedywhizz
As ArguZ mentioned all is well but as a one-man-show with a business + a fulltime job + a family a have to set priorities.

@Geir: I'm very picky when packing stuff and a single missing CD4093 + its socket seems odd...but well - might have happened.

@Maltemark: Even though I'd love to do more Eurorack stuff - everything mentioned above fills a 24hrs day / 365 days a year. So unfortunately no.

@ all guys waiting for revised busboards: As you might have heared - I made another revision after the already improved prior revision and if I wouldn't care about quality I would have sent busboards to all of you guys. If I did you might be unhappy to hear that there are even better busboards made and you got the "old" ones.
Fact is, after doing a revision of PCBs / busboards I order just small quantities to check if they work as they should. And yes - the newer revision is good and a large quantity of boards is finally on its way to me.
It all takes time. Its not only selling stuff but the whole logistics behind that + developing/improving new stuff, making cheeks, building cases, job, family, blabla....you get the point.


Cheers
Steffen
Synesthesia
I do - i am in the same boat. it's crazy town ahah wink
Geir
@weedywhizz -I can only trust what my friend who is building it for me said. And I trust him. Things can happen even though one is picky. I know, I am picky myself smile I hope you can find the time to send me a replacement. Or that is, send it to the address I sent you. Really looking forward to try this thing out smile
weedywhizz
Geir wrote:
@weedywhizz -I can only trust what my friend who is building it for me said. And I trust him. Things can happen even though one is picky. I know, I am picky myself smile I hope you can find the time to send me a replacement. Or that is, send it to the address I sent you. Really looking forward to try this thing out smile


Sure whats odd here is just the fact that its an IC + a matching socket. When packing the kits the ICs and the sockets are 2 separate packing steps so I must have done the same error twice hmmm.....
The IC + socket will be out tomorrow thumbs up

Cheers
cuttooth
weedywhizz wrote:


@ all guys waiting for revised busboards: As you might have heared - I made another revision after the already improved prior revision and if I wouldn't care about quality I would have sent busboards to all of you guys. If I did you might be unhappy to hear that there are even better busboards made and you got the "old" ones.
Fact is, after doing a revision of PCBs / busboards I order just small quantities to check if they work as they should. And yes - the newer revision is good and a large quantity of boards is finally on its way to me.
It all takes time. Its not only selling stuff but the whole logistics behind that + developing/improving new stuff, making cheeks, building cases, job, family, blabla....you get the point.


Greatly appreciate the update, Steffen. Thank you for taking the time.
jimfowler
Just wanted to chime in and say that Steffen has always shipped promptly and been appropriately communicative. As well, once I got an order for some knobs and exactly one grub screw was missing. Instead of just sending a replacement he sent me a new knob with my next order. Stand up move on his part and he's earned my repeat business.

- Jim
Geir
weedywhizz wrote:
Sure whats odd here is just the fact that its an IC + a matching socket. When packing the kits the ICs and the sockets are 2 separate packing steps so I must have done the same error twice hmmm.....
The IC + socket will be out tomorrow thumbs up

Cheers


I just convey what my friend told me. I honestly have no idea grin
But thanks a lot smile
weedywhizz
Geir, your IC is on its way.

@Jim - thanks a lot for the kind words.

Busboard update. Got a large batch today but unfortunately the silkscreen is on the wrong side on all boards - opened a dispute. Another 10 days to go...
If you don't care - let me know.

Geir
Thanks a lot smile
Chaotic
Geir wrote:
weedywhizz wrote:
Sure whats odd here is just the fact that its an IC + a matching socket. When packing the kits the ICs and the sockets are 2 separate packing steps so I must have done the same error twice hmmm.....
The IC + socket will be out tomorrow thumbs up

Cheers


I just convey what my friend told me. I honestly have no idea grin
But thanks a lot smile


Both IC´s and sockets for the bob was missing but I only had 071 in my drawer.
cuttooth
Hi Steffen, quick check-in regarding the busboard replacements: just curious as to the current status of production & shipment.

Thanks so much!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group