MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Kilpatrick Phenol Banana Jam (w/ Cat)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Kilpatrick Phenol Banana Jam (w/ Cat)
legionhwp
Not sure if this goes here but if it helps I picked up this beast as a more portable base system to augment my ModcanA. I thought I’d mostly use it for utility things like the two VCOs etc but honestly it seduced me right away with the complex envelopes and more esoteric pieces like the divider and freakish delay. If this had the word Serge on it it would be a $5k panel IMO. As it is it’s a very unique sounding and playing stand alone synth with lots of personality.

A quick live demo of a patch I whipped up. Outside of a little sync this only really uses one VCO.

nanners
Voltage_Controller
awesome It's peanut butter jelly time!

I am surprised there aren't more phenol headz around here. It is perhaps a bit underrated.
gentle_attack
Voltage_Controller wrote:

I am surprised there aren't more phenol headz around here. It is perhaps a bit underrated.

bananas is scary, and I know it was a little bit later, and less featured, but Mother 32 and 0-Coast took a little out of the sails of this one. It does more, but is a good bit more expensive than a 0-Coast

I still want a Phenol, I think the system has a lot of features packed in, and can do some Serge-y sounds as well as more common dual Osc sounds.
legionhwp
The Phenol really is it’s own beast. Far and heads above something like the OCoast IMO. Both a great banana starter system (Again, more functional and similarly packed like an Animal or basic Serge panel) and a perfect base or add on for existing banana system.

nanners

I started with. 2600 and Doepfer in the late 90s. Trust me, Bananas is not scary. I would compare the Phenol to a mini Fenix. No, there’s not as much Cv control as some of the $$$ systems but it has both vanilla and esoteric parts equally and there is plenty to explore. Plus the stereo ext in and midi really make it a Swiss Army knife. You get two of most things (VCO, Complex Env, VCF, VCA, ) plus digital noise, S/h, pulse divider, mixer/panner w/delay, etc.

The euro module for the dual complex env alone is $350. Even at full price new this is well worth it and they do pop up used.
w00t

gentle_attack wrote:
Voltage_Controller wrote:

bananas is scary, and I know it was a little bit later, and less featured, but Mother 32 and 0-Coast took a little out of the sails of this one. It does more, but is a good bit more expensive than a 0-Coast

I still want a Phenol, I think the system has a lot of features packed in, and can do some Serge-y sounds as well as more common dual Osc sounds.
Nisse_D
Very nice! I figure the phenol and one of Zthee’s 73-75 panels would make a really nice budget banana combo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1