MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NEW Laurentide Synthworks - Baal 3080 4-pole VCF
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author NEW Laurentide Synthworks - Baal 3080 4-pole VCF
Sugarfree
This looks interesting:

Laurentide Synthworks introduces: Baal 3080 4-Pole VCF
At its core this is the filter that was in the original RevA version of the Octave Cat, before they switched to the SSM2040. It has been adjusted for modular level and the expo-converter uses super-matched 3906’s and temperature compensated for upwards of 5-octave tracking.
Additionally, there is a 4-pole output as well as a 1-pole output. These outputs are inverted from each other, so they can be mixed together for Bandpass.
Baal will be available both as a DIY kit and fully assembled modules. Prices and release date are TBD at the moment. Hoping to be released by the middle of May. A Eurorack version is also planned.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2019/04/01/laurentide-synthworks-baa l-3080-4-pole-vcf/
http://www.laurentidesynthworks.net/baal.html

Dave Peck
Looks nice! Please post some audio clips and some pictures of the back of the module when you can (the depth of the module can be important to some folks).
hsosdrum
Dave Peck wrote:
Looks nice! Please post some audio clips and some pictures of the back of the module when you can (the depth of the module can be important to some folks).

Like myself, since I have all of my VCFs mounted in the bottom row of a Dotcom Studio-44 cabinet.

I'm very interested to hear audio samples — I'm always up for a filter that sounds different from the ones I already have. hyper
Sugarfree
hsosdrum wrote:

Like myself, since I have all of my VCFs mounted in the bottom row of a Dotcom Studio-44 cabinet.
[/quote]

I wonder, why do you have the filters at the bottom?
Is your preferred chain VCO>VCA>VCF rather than the standard VCO>VCF>VCA?
josaka
hsosdrum wrote:
Dave Peck wrote:

I'm very interested to hear audio samples — I'm always up for a filter that sounds different from the ones I already have. hyper

I am curious to hear this.. I have an octave cat and the filter is mega..

...if yer after a different sounding filter also check the haible wasp filter..? smile (not the CGS one)also.. wonder if phil will ever make his delta II filter.. been a while !

hsosdrum
Sugarfree wrote:
hsosdrum wrote:

I wonder, why do you have the filters at the bottom?
Is your preferred chain VCO>VCA>VCF rather than the standard VCO>VCF>VCA?

I do use the standard VCO>VCF>VCA voice chain.

The VCFs are the modules I put my hands on the most while playing keyboard, so I want them where they're easy to reach. I have VCO+mixer voices on the left, VCFs bottom-row center, VCAs to the right of the VCFs and signal processors above the VCFs. EGs are on the right side of the upper cabinet, which helps me route the cables so they're less in the way (but it's still a mess).

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1