MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My submission to NPR tiny Desk contest 2019
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author My submission to NPR tiny Desk contest 2019
Franck
It gave me a goal, to go out there and shoot this music video and submit it to NPR Music Tiny desk contest.

First time I try in the field my battery pack, it is a bit bigger than a USB charging, and about the same weight. It has an 110V outlet, that allows me to power my modular synth (You can see it on the video). All the equipment (cables, speakers, cameras,..) fits in my backpack. No generator needed, no fumes, no noise...

I think, I'm the only one on modular synth so far in this contest. There is still time for you to submit your music video!

Meanwhile, check my submission (Please view it on YouTube to get the 360 effect and use headsets or good speakers as suggested in comments).
thetwlo
but, you didn't use the space around you. Sounds like it could've been recorded anywhere.
Franck
thetwlo wrote:
but, you didn't use the space around you. Sounds like it could've been recorded anywhere.

Sure, but, I made some waves with a noise source and a gate... That counts for something, no?

First time, I did this... I just want to start to play modular out there, in the nature, without the pot plants, and be inspired by what surround me, however for this first time and in this location, I needed to have something ready in advance.

If you check other videos, I did two in Cazadero (one still to be released) and that was more intimate with my surroundings...

So patience, young skywalker, I hope I'll get there... follow me on this journey.
Fog Door
Quote:
I made some waves with a noise source and a gate

and it works well! I really enjoyed this track, very good. I think I'm pretty much philosophically opposed to the concept of a "music contest" but good luck all the same thumbs up
Franck
Fog Door wrote:
and it works well! I really enjoyed this track, very good. I think I'm pretty much philosophically opposed to the concept of a "music contest" but good luck all the same thumbs up

Many thanks for this and yes, I don’t like competing too. Music is not about competition with fellow artists. Also being the only one on modular, it may be too different from other entries to be really considered.
However, a friend did it and that gave her some exposure and a few gigs, so I do it also for the same reason.
Fog Door
Quote:
I do it also for the same reason

Good for you, don't hide your light under a bushel. I didn't mean to imply any criticism of you for entering, personally I choose absolute obscurity but I am not claiming any moral high ground for that smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1