MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Teenage Engineering Op-Z Oplab module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Teenage Engineering Op-Z Oplab module
boombipbass
Anyone who has experience with this? I bought one for the CV/Gate functionality (can't wait to find out what this is all about!)

They seem to use different cables(with sleeve and tip)
to send different voltages.

In total it has 4 functions:

CV + CV 2
Gate + CV 3
Trig in (or MIDI in)
Trig out (or MIDI out or PocketOperator sync out)

Anyone who has had excperience with these babies?
boombipbass
https://www.teenageengineering.com/products/op-z/modules/oplab
boombipbass
I cannot seem to get it to work properly though and get the error quite often that when I connect it it drops out eventually in a session and then I have to reboot the bitch :(
Fallen_lassen
Over here it works flawless for three weeks already. It takes some time to understand because of the incomplete manual smile.
boombipbass
Fallen_lassen wrote:
Over here it works flawless for three weeks already. It takes some time to understand because of the incomprlete manual smile.

Thats great could you help me maybe smile
boombipbass
Since i dont know a damn thing the manual is indeed very incomplete
boombipbass
Aalso a tip to use midi and cv together would be nice since it seems that midi ans cv clash in the app so ive heard
Fallen_lassen
Use it and learn is the only thing i got for you. It is easy to use but hard to explain cool . I use midi cv 1 2 and 3 and trigger lus usb midi all at once.
doublestewart
The oplab is available from the TE site again, does anyone know if/when it will be available from any of their American stockists?
dogoftears
i've got an op-z here with the lab module, trying to get it to sync to external midi clock.
it works fine over usb, but i'd like to get rid of the usb humming at low levels in the recording (even with power charging turned off-- helps, but doesn't totally kill it).
problem is, when i send a clock to the midi input, nothing happens. i've got the right cable, clock in enabled, and midi is turned on on the module itself.
any other tips for getting the thing to successfully clock from the op lab midi input?

amazing machine btw, utterly slays the op-1 imo for couch glue and general awesomeness.
Orgia Mode
TIL Teenage Engineering makes more than the Pocket Operator. razz
Fallen_lassen
dogoftears wrote:
i've got an op-z here with the lab module, trying to get it to sync to external midi clock.
it works fine over usb, but i'd like to get rid of the usb humming at low levels in the recording (even with power charging turned off-- helps, but doesn't totally kill it).
problem is, when i send a clock to the midi input, nothing happens. i've got the right cable, clock in enabled, and midi is turned on on the module itself.
any other tips for getting the thing to successfully clock from the op lab midi input?

amazing machine btw, utterly slays the op-1 imo for couch glue and general awesomeness.

Do you use the midi in or the clock in on the oplab? When using clock in you have got to prepare the opz for clock you can tead how in the oplab manual.
dogoftears
Fallen_lassen wrote:

Do you use the midi in or the clock in on the oplab? When using clock in you have got to prepare the opz for clock you can tead how in the oplab manual.

I've read both manuals thoroughly. I'm not sure what you mean by "midi in or clock in"... there's only one input, and it can be switched between receiving midi or receiving trigger pulses with a physical switch on the module. I have it set to receive midi, as I mentioned in my original post. Midi clock in is activated on the "Screen" page as well. I just get nothing when I send midi clock into that input. Simply nothing happens. Is there some special way to activate that input??
Fallen_lassen
dogoftears wrote:
Fallen_lassen wrote:

I've read both manuals thoroughly. I'm not sure what you mean by "midi in or clock in"... there's only one input, and it can be switched between receiving midi or receiving trigger pulses with a physical switch on the module. I have it set to receive midi, as I mentioned in my original post. Midi clock in is activated on the "Screen" page as well. I just get nothing when I send midi clock into that input. Simply nothing happens. Is there some special way to activate that input??

I meant trig in when i wrote clock in.
If you use trig in you have to arm the track for trig.
Never used the midi in for clock. Only for note input.
Do you use the midi adapter that came with it? In the manual is written:
Note that some equipment uses a non standard reverse pin out and will not work directly with zm-1. I guess that’s your problem?
dogoftears
Fallen_lassen wrote:

I meant trig in when i wrote clock in.
If you use trig in you have to arm the track for trig.
Never used the midi in for clock. Only for note input.
Do you use the midi adapter that came with it? In the manual is written:
Note that some equipment uses a non standard reverse pin out and will not work directly with zm-1. I guess that’s your problem?

no, i'm going for midi clock. although when i tested it with notes it also didn't seem to do anything.

the manual refers to the two kinds of 8th inch midi standards out there. i am near positive i'm using the correct cable-- the so called "standard" one that also works with faderfox boxes and my five12 vector.

unfortunately i bought it used and the seller did not include the cable it came with-- but again i'm pretty sure i'm using the right kind (and i even tried 2 different ones).
Fallen_lassen
With the included midi adapter i was able to play the op-z with my D50 keyboard. So it might be the midi adapter?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1