MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

quad slew limiter module?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author quad slew limiter module?
levelhead3
Is anyone aware of a standalone quad slew limiter/lag processor module?

I know Moon makes the non-standalone 569LE, and I've got a YuSynth dual gated slew, but nowhere can I find a quad single-control slew module.

I've asked Gert if he might be able to combine four of the slew circuits from the 544 into a 525 format module, which would be brilliant, but I suspect that's probably not going to be high on his module development list anytime soon.

Worst case I can cobble two of the YuSynth pcb behind a single space panel and drop the extraneous functionality, but the project list is already long and I was really hoping to find something already in existence.

Thanks!
JohnLRice
If you are into DIY you might be able to wire the 569LE to another panel that would have 8 jacks for the CV I/O?

COTK has a triple lag but if you need 4 channels then you'd still need 1 more. It's also a very basic circuit.
JohnLRice
Or you could convert a couple inexpensive eurorack lags to 5U? Scott at Division6 just confirmed that his dual gated Slew II will work at +-15v

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/division-6-slew-ii

There are several other eurorack dual lags that might also be desirable candidates for conversion?
levelhead3
JohnLRice wrote:
COTK has a triple lag but if you need 4 channels then you'd still need 1 more. It's also a very basic circuit.

Thanks John. I don't need 4 channels exactly, just wanted more than 2. It's really to mimic the trick I've discovered in the Buchla world, where the 8 channel 255 has become a defacto expander module for the 266.

There are actually 6 outputs on this:

I doubt my system is big enough to need all 6 output very often, and the module itself comes with a freebie channel via the integrator, so I figured 4 would be fine.

But technically 2x 3 channels would be perfect, wouldn't it? Dead Banana

If I was going to go DIY Soundtronics has the YuSynth dual slew PCB for under $20 a piece, so I'd just put together a couple of those.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1