MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PAIA - Anyone still out there for PAIA????
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author PAIA - Anyone still out there for PAIA????
fmbeaumont
Looking for PCB layout for 2720A and 4720A VCO PCB's

Thank you!!!
chachi
hi, my persistent friend. it appears no one has the gerber file you are looking for. i do have a 2720-2/A here that i could photo the back side of if that would help you. otherwise, what are you looking to do with yours that you want the gerber so persistently?
fracmonkey
These boards look like they were laid out by hand with tape, no computer. I am real skeptical that you will find gerbers...

You will probably have to do a new computer layout. Pcb houses all use gerbers these days. Just try to get film or tape! Did anyone keep their tape?
fmbeaumont
I would be interested in a photo, thanks
chachi
https://modularsynthesis.com/paia/4700/4720A/4720a.htm

CZ Rider
Try looking up old issues of Radio Electronics magazine. It started in the May 1973 issue with schematics and pc artwork of the 2700 series modules.
May 1973 Radio Electronics
Rob_C
fmbeaumont wrote:
Looking for PCB layout for 2720A and 4720A VCO PCB's

Thank you!!!

I previously provided a scan of the front and back of a blank 4720A oscillator PCB, as well as a BW toner transfer image. And photos of the 2720A are available on the previously mentioned Davebr's website. You can edit his PCB photo to make a toner transfer image for the 2720A. To this point nobody has any Gerber files that you can send away for PCB fabrication. The shortest path from A to B is to etch your own board or pay someone to etch it. These are easy to etch, the boards are not crowded. You could also pay someone to create Gerber files if you do not have that capability or do not want to do it yourself.
fmbeaumont
Rob_C,
Sorry, I can’t find the scans of the blank 4720A PCB front and back. Would you please resend. I’m sorry to bother you with this again, but I do appreciate it!

Kind regards,
Fred
Ron_H
fmbeaumont wrote:
Rob_C,
Sorry, I can’t find the scans of the blank 4720A PCB front and back. Would you please resend. I’m sorry to bother you with this again, but I do appreciate it!

Kind regards,
Fred

He posted all that info is posted in this thread:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189259
Rob_C
fmbeaumont wrote:
Rob_C,

Kind regards,
Fred

Fred,

The scans are in the post "PAIA Output Module" starting with "Or, build a 4720 oscillator instead...." and you should see them if you are logged into Muffs. But if you don't see them there send me a PM with an email address and I'll send them directly to you.

Are you perhaps viewing this forum on a mobile phone or some other system that restricts attachments?
fmbeaumont
Rob,
I found them there, thank you. Just having a little problem navigating through all the posts.

Kind regards,
Fred
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1