MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cosmic Surgery Buchla album
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Cosmic Surgery Buchla album
corkyburger
Hi, just thought some might be interested in my new album of Buchla (and a bit of Oberheim 4vs and cocoquantus) that came out recently. The tape already sold out, but it is free to stream and you can buy downloads if you really like it!

https://spunoutofcontrol.bandcamp.com/album/cosmic-surgery

Inspired by Alma Haser's Cosmic Surgery, originally a psychedelic photographic/origami project and then a photo/pop-up book in collaboration with Emily Macaulay and Piers Bizony, suggesting a future where kaleidoscopic facial morphing is finally possible, offering users the chance to choose their face to suit their mood and activity or even to match their outfit. With Cosmic Surgery, it is simple to be who you want to be - just think it, and the Cosmic Surgery implant will do the rest.
wyrtti
Wonderful album, Corkyburger!
I only got around to listening to it today and I know I will be listening to it a lot these coming days. Thank you!
corkyburger
Thanks Wyrtti. It was a lot of fun to make and I'm glad you are enjoying it.
Ginko
I have given it a couple of spins now - it's a great piece of work Simon!
Jaypee
That face interface track is wonderful.

Can you comment on this one?

Added it to my basket.
pertiet
awesome stuff!!!!
corkyburger
Jaypee wrote:
That face interface track is wonderful.

Can you comment on this one?

Added it to my basket.

I have to admit that I used a Volca FM to achieve the main sound on that whilst everything else is buchla. The looping and edits are Octatrack.

I miss my Octatrack for things like this. I did a lot of CC modulation to the Volca FM and used the Octa to create some cool audio loops that i could then manipulate further. Also good for sending CC to the Buchla.

When I was asked for notes for the sleeve on what instruments I'd used, I didn't want to include a long list of every single item. The primary sounds are Buchla and Oberheim, with a handful of other bits.
corkyburger
pertiet wrote:
awesome stuff!!!!

THANKS!
Chad Sterling
This album sounds great! I've already listened to it like 3 times.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1