MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Patch idea
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Patch idea
plastilina
Hi.
I can't make patch more complex, could you help me make some more special patches?.
Like sequencer, the gate of Akai Rythm Wolf.
Thank you everybody help me...
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
Thalassa
You can try cross modulation between the VCO and VCF.

Set the VCF to selfoscillation. Patch the VCF output to the to the CV input of the VCO and the VCO output to the CV input of the VCF.

Add the LFO in low mode to modulate the VCF or the VCO and set ADSR en loop mode and modulate the LFO.

Add a reverb and delay and you will have auto evolving drone sounds.
Brendanleespengler
Funny you mentioned using the Rhythm Wolf with your 5U system. That was my favorite use for mine! It took a lot of criticism when released. But, when I heard the complaint ‘thin drum sounds’ I immediately thought Ah Rhythm Ace, SR-120, Mini-Pops, etc. I bought one and loved it. The only issue with mine was that the oscillator drifted. And, then I used it as a sequencer for my MU system and it stayed attached to it for months!
Assuming you have a 5U MIDI input, use that second envelope on your filter. How are you sequencing with your Rhythm Wolf, anyway? Or the cross-mod idea is an excellent one, too, for getting a big sound out of a small setup.
josaka
my advice would be first to get your head round and learn how CV/Gate works and what all the jargon actually means.. sync - 1v per octave- FM etc ..there are loads of helpful youtube videos.. (much easier than following written word) you can watch euro videos as well as its based on the exact same core principals as there are way more of those.. by asking for patches you are learning nothing..

but..you have the core tone of a 303 there.. (or early roland System 100 100m )

cv out of timberwolf into slim vco
timberwolf gate out >gate split into 2 outputs
< 1 gate into ADSR VCA Gate < 1 into .com ADSR GATE

VCO Audio out (square or saw) > ADSR/VCA Audio in.
ADSR > gate out to > Cota CV in

ADSR/VCA audio out > to your Amp/Speakers

ADSR/VCA gate out into lfo sync
LFO outs to cota CV2 or 1v per oct
(option)
LFO out to FM in on Slim osc (you can try any mod inputs here

use timberwolf seq (never used one so guessing) for glides/slides sequences..
(maybe look on youtube)

this is a basic synth patch set up.. tweaking the knobs give you countless option with this basic set up..
plastilina
I hope some other user gives me some help creating a patch for me... Today with your advice, I was able to have a little fun...
we're not worthy help we're not worthy help
josaka

JohnLRice
Maybe give this a try? Patch the pulse and maybe another wave output of the LFO into the VCF, patch one of the VCF outputs to the VCO CV in, patch the VCO Saw/Triangle output to the LFO FM MOD input, then listen to the VCO Pulse output through one or more delays and reverbs etc while wiggling all the knobs! Have fun! thumbs up

plastilina
Thanks John,for my fun...
I'm sorry, everyone, thanks to those who lost some of your time to me...
I hope other wigglers will help me.
ranix
When I was first starting out I made a lot of patches based on things users here were talking about. I like to camp out in the 5U and modular general forums for that.

The Modular Grid pictures are blurry and you can't read the text on the modules so I don't know what modules you've been posting pictures of. Can't offer any other advice.
JohnLRice
ranix wrote:
The Modular Grid pictures are blurry and you can't read the text on the modules so I don't know what modules you've been posting pictures of.
That is a good point. This time I happened to be familiar enough with the modules plastilina has so I was able to figure it out but often I can't tell, especial if it's a eurorack modular! hmmm..... seriously, i just don't get it eek! Dead Banana

A general note for anyone wanting advice on their Modular Grid setup is to provide a link to the rack along with the picture. If it's not marked as "Private" anyone can see it in ModularGrid so they can get details on the modules and even make a copy of it to their own ModularGrid account so they can easily make changes and provide an alternate version as an example etc. They can't change YOUR version, they can only examine and/or copy it. Here's one of mine, try it out: thumbs up
https://www.modulargrid.net/d/racks/view/444080
plastilina
ranix wrote:
When I was first starting out I made a lot of patches based on things users here were talking about. I like to camp out in the 5U and modular general forums for that.

The Modular Grid pictures are blurry and you can't read the text on the modules so I don't know what modules you've been posting pictures of. Can't offer any other advice.

Sorry man this is a link of my current little setup.

https://www.modulargrid.net/d/racks/view/825044
josaka
JohnLRice wrote:
ranix wrote:
The Modular Grid pictures are blurry and you can't read the text on the modules so I don't know what modules you've been posting pictures of.
That is a good point. This time I happened to be familiar enough with the modules plastilina has so I was able to figure it out but often I can't tell, especial if it's a eurorack modular! hmmm..... seriously, i just don't get it eek! Dead Banana

A general note for anyone wanting advice on their Modular Grid setup is to provide a link to the rack along with the picture. If it's not marked as "Private" anyone can see it in ModularGrid so they can get details on the modules and even make a copy of it to their own ModularGrid account so they can easily make changes and provide an alternate version as an example etc. They can't change YOUR version, they can only examine and/or copy it. Here's one of mine, try it out: thumbs up

screenshots are better.. at least it cuts out the huge pointless white border..
JohnLRice
josaka wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
ranix wrote:

screenshots are better.. at least it cuts out the huge pointless white border..
What? hmmm.....
ranix
hmm that's a pretty straightforward setup. One oscillator, one filter, two envelope generators, a VCA, and an LFO.

One thing you could try messing with is using your filter as another voice. Your filter should self-oscillate if you crank up the resonance and raise the cutoff high enough. You could use this to have two voices and use one as a sub-oscillator for the other, or tune one to an interesting interval. I like to play perfect 4ths alongside triangle or square waves. Some filters will only oscillate at rather high pitches though. Try cranking up the feedback on your filter and listening to the output with nothing else connected to see if you get anything that sounds useful.

Another fun thing you could try is your normal 24db square wave patch, except also using the unused output of your VCO to control the CV1 of your filter.

Your system is really limited though. Without even a standalone VCA there's not much weird stuff you can do. Your VCA is very limited compared to "the default kind" that I would expect a newbie to have. The q108 can take two inputs at the same time and add them (without a mixer!) and you can use it for amplitude modulation too. I don't know how many cool sounds you'll be able to get out of AM without a second oscillator though.
ranix
oh yeah, you can also send the output of your q109 directly to the audio input (not cv!) of your filter and use it like a kick drum. Have you done that yet? Some filters do that better than others.
josaka

VS

ranix
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1