MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Instruments Plaits in MU
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Mutable Instruments Plaits in MU
JohnLRice
Chrutil wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
Just FYI, someone else just announced a 5U build of Plaits, this one using mostly through hole components:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3043528

I was thinking what a coincidence for both of us to be done at almost the same time
I know! That's what struck me since 5U versions of eurorack modules tend to be rare and slow to emerge if ever, especially if it's not from FreeState FX, but this time we had TWO different 5U versions of Plaits announced within 3 days of each other . . and neither was from FreeState FX! woah hihi
EOTS
Chrutil wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
Just FYI, someone else just announced a 5U build of Plaits, this one using mostly through hole components:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3043528


Just saw that - beautiful work, and it's through hole too for diy!


Thanks, Christer! Great build youself!
Your wall of modules photo is tempting me to build an additional cabinet ;-)
The module is so versatile, one can really make good use of many many instances.
I also love the Speech synthesis stuff.

Chrutil wrote:
I was thinking what a coincidence for both of us to be done at almost the same time, but Plaits was open sourced in September last year and it might just take about six month to do this - at least it did for me, but I do this for fun and to relax lol


Yes, you're spot on with the timing!
Guess that's just the time it takes to do this.
Dave Peck
So I just bought one of these from Christer. The build quality is flawless, and this is an excellent module for a MU conversion.

I've just spent the past couple of days experimenting with it, often by patching several slow LFOs into the Timbre, Morph, and Harmonics mod inputs and then auditioning each of the various models to try to get a good idea of the range of possible effects as the various parameter values change and interact. So far, some pretty astonishing and very musically useful stuff! Now I have to shuffle a bunch of modules around in the cabinets so I can put this thing in a prime location at easy arm's reach.

This is fun! It's peanut butter jelly time!
PeterDeVault
Very cool!
Chrutil
Dave Peck wrote:
So I just bought one of these from Christer. The build quality is flawless, and this is an excellent module for a MU conversion.

I've just spent the past couple of days experimenting with it, often by patching several slow LFOs into the Timbre, Morph, and Harmonics mod inputs and then auditioning each of the various models to try to get a good idea of the range of possible effects as the various parameter values change and interact. So far, some pretty astonishing and very musically useful stuff! Now I have to shuffle a bunch of modules around in the cabinets so I can put this thing in a prime location at easy arm's reach.

This is fun! It's peanut butter jelly time!


Thanks Dave,
I'm so happy you like it - I agree it is a very cool module, and as you say very musical.
I had previously played around before with Braids, which is the predecessor to Plaits, but that felt more like a digital module with a mass of specific settings you could select and play with with good results - somehow this module feel much more fluid, or "analog", if you will, in that there are smooth CV controlled transitions going from awesome to ... equally awesome.
I've been hooking a few up to my step sequencers not just for pitch, but also making cool rhythmic sequences by sequencing the Timbre and other inputs.
I've spent many moons building these so it's really rewarding to finally starting to jam with them.
JohnLRice
Dave Peck wrote:
So I just bought one of these from Christer. The build quality is flawless, and this is an excellent module for a MU conversion.

I've just spent the past couple of days experimenting with it, often by patching several slow LFOs into the Timbre, Morph, and Harmonics mod inputs and then auditioning each of the various models to try to get a good idea of the range of possible effects as the various parameter values change and interact. So far, some pretty astonishing and very musically useful stuff!
I gotted one tooz and I agree with everything Dave said! thumbs up This is fun! nanners

Here's a quick sound sample (with other modules and effects pedals)
[s]https://soundcloud.com/johnlrice/plaitstest1[/s]
Faustgeist
Can't wait to rack this up!
-R
fabodyssey
A BIG THANK-YOU Chrutil thumbs up

Installed module !
I soon finished my modular and this module Plaits is perfect as a complement
Very nice construction, I am very lucky It's peanut butter jelly time!


JohnLRice
fabodyssey wrote:

love Beautiful modular! thumbs up And yes, Chrutil Rocks! SlayerBadger!
Chrutil
fabodyssey wrote:
A BIG THANK-YOU Chrutil thumbs up

Installed module !
I soon finished my modular and this module Plaits is perfect as a complement
Very nice construction, I am very lucky It's peanut butter jelly time!


Thanks Fabrice,
I'm very happy you like the module.
...and wow, that is a gorgeous modular right there.
Congratulations!!

C
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group