MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

If you plan to make a Yusynth system...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author If you plan to make a Yusynth system...
romain
As I always ask questions and always get some help from you guys (here or somewhere else),
and as i don't have the knowledge to give some real good technical or theorical advices, i also want to give some help as much as i can

So here is my excel shopping list that i did for my yusynth project :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11A2WxRhPQT3rDYHg9gNwmMuRGcr0A9 1NTYj4VXt5OnQ/edit?usp=sharing

Each sheet = one module
On the top left, put how many you want to make
When you're finish, check the last sheet, this is your shopping list

I still have few modules to do but most of the mistakes have been corrected

Chugging Beers

Feel free to download or make a copy in your drive if you want to use it online with google

w00t
cackland
Very neat!
Ayab
This could come in useful thank you so much for sharing!
drip.feed
nanners This is great, thank you!
proubaud
Might be a little out of subject here, but i would really like to have these modules for my eurorack system.. I can't find any information about the possibility of running some of these modules in +-12V.. Any ideas ?
hv0190
proubaud wrote:
Might be a little out of subject here, but i would really like to have these modules for my eurorack system.. I can't find any information about the possibility of running some of these modules in +-12V.. Any ideas ?

I‘ve successfully integrated a few of Yves‘ designs into my 12V Eurorack system: The Clock Divider and the Boolean Logic modules didn‘t need any changes, the Moog and 4072 VCF need a few minor changes concerning resistor values (which is documented on the Yusynth website, I think).
The only tricky module might be the VCO!
Just try it out nanners
solaranus
proubaud wrote:

Check this thread out: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-39693.html
proubaud
Actually it's the dual slew that's catching my eyes razz

I'll check that out, thanks !
hv0190
proubaud wrote:

Actually, I built a perfoard version once ... worked like a charm!
hv0190
proubaud wrote:

Actually, I built a perfboard version once ... worked like a charm!
proubaud
I think i wouldn't have the courage to decline an optimised pcb into a perfboard.. Isnt reproducing all the different paths a huge pain in the arse ?
hv0190
proubaud wrote:
I think i wouldn't have the courage to decline an optimised pcb into a perfboard.. Isnt reproducing all the different paths a huge pain in the arse ?

Well, it‘s how I started DIYing and I didn‘t use standard perfboards but special ones like this one:

https://www.conrad.de/de/p/tru-components-su527831-ic-platine-epoxyd-l -x-b-160-mm-x-100-mm-35-m-rastermass-2-54-mm-inhalt-1-st-1570124.html

it made everything much easier. All I had to do was think of a clever layout of the parts first, and I used resistor legs for the connections. This particular module is in a box of stuff I no longer use, but it still works - after 8 years! Mind you, I even built two 16-step sequencers based on the Baby10 circuit using the very same perfboards ... they are still in my rig and work flawlessly (although I have to admit that building those sequencers with LED step on/off buttons a range selector and a circular layout really was a pain in the a.. w00t )
proubaud
Even tho, having access to a fablab, i guess i won't start playing with this kind of stuff soon ... But thanks for the tip, didn't know about these !
whoop_john
I am up for doing Eurorack version PCBs, but only if Yves agrees to it first - he might like a royalty fee for all his hard work in the past.

If this goes ahead I'd like someone to collaborate with checking and testing. The person who lays out the design should not be the one to check his or her work - people don't spot their own mistakes.

I've had mixed results in the past with eager-beavers who offer, get their free PCBs sent and somehow are then too busy to report back. The person should have the ability to check my PCB layout against the schematic and later have the electronic ability to help trouble-shoot, should issues arise once the PCBs arrive.

If you can help with some degree of commitment, then PM me.
proubaud
Well i totally can't do that but would be super interested to buy a few of those if you project actually materializes !
TitoCas
romain wrote:
So here is my excel shopping list that i did for my yusynth project :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11A2WxRhPQT3rDYHg9gNwmMuRGcr0A9 1NTYj4VXt5OnQ/edit?usp=sharing

w00t

very big work you made here! thanks!
t\\
Gemfire
Thanks for sharing! This is sweet!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1