MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

what next for c-l?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author what next for c-l?
odditymedium
i'm curious has peter dropped any hints etc towards new instruments in ciat-lonbarde land?

we have:
- the magnum opus (kokokwantus)
- the drum and drama machine (plumbum)
- the organs (sid, tet, quat, and deerhorn)
- the controller (rolzer)
- the half-siblings (tocante)

any new directions?
sungja
Well, the Quatrax is coming up this summer and i guess the Stuber filter will happen later.

I am hoping for more paper circuits or diy kits if he ever get around to that again.
odditymedium
whats the stuber filter?
chrisdermo
https://ciat-lonbarde.net/stuber/index.html
jimmie
I'd dig for a stuber IFM module hihi
banana-fit IFM would also be insane. Yeah, I can already use IFM with CLs by using format jumbler etc but being lazy I want to connect them directly d'oh!
rmro
Stuber is what I’d want!
wednesdayayay
I've been pestering peter every six month or so about the new stuber for a while now
it will be an instabuy
odditymedium
whats so fancy about the stuber
chorus7
I had one of the original ones and to this day I can’t believe I sold it very frustrating
The thing sounded amazing... it had this phasey filtery butter about it... and great for glitching up incoming sounds... also could be super percussive ...
mrbloor
chorus7 wrote:
I had one of the original ones and to this day I can’t believe I sold it very frustrating
The thing sounded amazing... it had this phasey filtery butter about it... and great for glitching up incoming sounds... also could be super percussive ...

Seems to be a recurring theme Joe hihi
36replicator
A FX unit would be lovely, it’s not really Blasser style but a reverb could be really cool. Or a weird mixer with chaos control
chorus7
mrbloor very frustrating I know I know... I have a problem eek!
williamjturkel
I'd love to see more IFM modules!
Ras Thavas
williamjturkel wrote:

Seconded! Give us the Quantussy as a module and the delay from the Cocoquantus as a separate module well!
Modulus
I'm surprised he hasn't released the dog voice IFM yet, it mentions it in the swoop manual. The YouTube vids of the dog voice instrument sound really unique

[/video]
odditymedium
IFM != Ciat-Lonbarde!
jimmie
but if you include Tocante in your list, methinks IGM keyboard is more of this side (only it's not banana) hyper

owning PB and rolzer already, I often want more voices, so like only 'center part' of PB as an expander... ultrasounds/gongs/avdogs and mixer only thing.
odditymedium
yeah tocante is a half-sibling... thanks to its roots in the rolzer it is c-l but then again in a lineage of its own...

jimmie, what has your rolzer experience been like? do you like it? how does it feel?
jimmie
I get how Peter says Rolzer is an expander to PB; think it's not a must-have for some PB users.

I haven't been hugely successful of utilizing Rolzer with other than PB - with Sidrax, it can modulate blue/grey/green and it's nice but haven't found other way to use. with Coco I used for green 'castle' nodes, works but it's not particularly recognizable for Rolzer. Well, I haven't used for rec inputs yet, and this application may be very interesting for Rolzer to make to a complex rhythmic pattern.

With PB, it of course extends own rolls to another dimension. From some experience of Rollz5 I knew rolls' (non voltage controlled) complex patching can yield various noise translated by ultrasound. Up until lately, I haven't been so successful replicating this behavior of Rollz5 with Rolzer. But I've realized I'm patching quite differently with Rolzer - because it has HELLVALOT of rolls hihi and those bananas are so concentrated, I naturally tend to make a a lot of single connection to a lot of different (and different speed of) rolls. When doing so, it doesn't often yield chaotic result I'm after. On Rollz5, there're only 2 sets of rolls, totall only 8 of them. I get interesting result by connecting even and odd, and making a complex interconnected patching (stacking). So, when patching like this with rolzer - multiple connections to a same set of rolls, now I get quite similar result to Rollz5. The thing is, this makes cable connections so dense in a small area so gets fiddly quickly, though. Now I can take a voltage-controlled roll to Rolzer roll for further real time operation and all (not always interestingly effective, I need more experiments). Incidentally PB's rolls also can be more chaotic by making a pretty complex interconnection among them as well. So, my use of Rolzer is pretty much as an PB expander but I like it. Actually I'd like to have Plumbrozer rather than PB + Rolzer; my playing environment is not fixed, I always setup intruments on my work desk so I not always setup Rolzer with PB but if it's always there I'd reach it more for sure, so. Yeah, like, range of tempo is useful for slow drum'n'drama. And then like I said on my previous post, I want more voices (PB center section expander), mainly because Rolzer provide me bunch of bunch of free rolls hihi
williamjturkel
Ras Thavas wrote:
williamjturkel wrote:

Seconded! Give us the Quantussy as a module and the delay from the Cocoquantus as a separate module well!

That would be great. Following Richard Brewster, I have implement a sort of Quantussy with a lot of S+H and oscillator modules, but a single IFM would be wonderful. And I could replace my Morphagene in the IFM case with a Cocoquantus delay.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1