MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ResEQ Eurorack build help, please :)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author ResEQ Eurorack build help, please :)
sillyquestions?
Hello,

First of all just want to apologise if theres something about this somewhere - I cant seem to find anything after scrolling the pages but maybe i'm just not looking right..

Recently just started with DIY and was wondering if someone could help me with the ResEQ - Pretty much, was thinking of buying the PCB and Panel and ordering the parts myself and then building, but the truth is I have no idea what Im ordering... Im UK if that helps.. I want to sort of put myself in the deep end with building it - it's the way I learn best. Built a few kits now so I feel comfortable enough with my soldering not to f*** it up.

It's a bit of a long shot but would someone be able to help me source ALL of the parts from Mouser, maybe? I'd be looking for the OPA2604 - to my ears it sounds best and is more what i'm after.. Goodness knows about knobs, switches, pots etc - If they can be included, great. If not i'll get from Thonk ( they're VERTICAL: A50K are out of stock)

It's really no bother if this is too much of an ask - I totally understand. I just thought I would in the hope that someone has a tab open on their computer about to click the 'order now' button we're not worthy

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!
loopt
This is a link to a Mouser cart for the Res EQ.
It is from this thread. I did not verify it.
Check it against the official BOM and you should be good.

Pots, knobs and jacks have to be sourced separately.

Further down the thread someone wrote that there are some redundant capacitors in there.

Good luck and have fun!
pulse_divider
Elby sells a component kit for the CGS 202 board:
http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/en-us/p540.html
electricanada
sillyquestions? wrote:
Hello,

First of all just want to apologise if theres something about this somewhere - I cant seem to find anything after scrolling the pages but maybe i'm just not looking right..

Recently just started with DIY and was wondering if someone could help me with the ResEQ - Pretty much, was thinking of buying the PCB and Panel and ordering the parts myself and then building, but the truth is I have no idea what Im ordering... Im UK if that helps.. I want to sort of put myself in the deep end with building it - it's the way I learn best. Built a few kits now so I feel comfortable enough with my soldering not to f*** it up.

It's a bit of a long shot but would someone be able to help me source ALL of the parts from Mouser, maybe? I'd be looking for the OPA2604 - to my ears it sounds best and is more what i'm after.. Goodness knows about knobs, switches, pots etc - If they can be included, great. If not i'll get from Thonk ( they're VERTICAL: A50K are out of stock)

It's really no bother if this is too much of an ask - I totally understand. I just thought I would in the hope that someone has a tab open on their computer about to click the 'order now' button we're not worthy

I think synthcube sells a full kit. Even so, it seems a challenging build for a n00b.
sillyquestions?
loopt wrote:
This is a link to a Mouser cart for the Res EQ.
It is from this thread. I did not verify it.
Check it against the official BOM and you should be good.

Pots, knobs and jacks have to be sourced separately.

Further down the thread someone wrote that there are some redundant capacitors in there.

Good luck and have fun!

Cool - thanks for that mate. Much appreciated. I literally just discovered that link about 6 seconds before I checked back on the thread. Best wishes!
sillyquestions?
pulse_divider wrote:
Elby sells a component kit for the CGS 202 board:
http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/en-us/p540.html

Cool- Thanks! smile
sillyquestions?
electricanada wrote:
sillyquestions? wrote:
Hello,

I think synthcube sells a full kit. Even so, it seems a challenging build for a n00b.

Thanks ill check it out - Im all up for a challenging build. It's only money thats wasted and knowledge that's gained - no brainer to me.
degeneratedsines
You can find the OPA2604 chip on rs-online
For the A50K pots, only the round shafts are out of stock. You can order T18 or D-Shaft with appropriate knobs.
sillyquestions?
Thanks man! I've been trying to do my own Mouser cart as of the past few days - Never done it before so i've actually no idea what i'm up to lol. Im as far as the resistors and a few caps - i'm a little confused about a few things but I thought it's important for me to at least try and cart up what I can.

I was going to get the knobs, pots, thonkicon jacks etc from Thonk and then source everything else from elsewhere.

By the way, just checked out those OP AMPS. Works out cheap as! I notice it only says OPA604 and not OPA(2)604? is this the same thing or totally different?

Cheers.
cygmu
No, OPA604 is not the same thing as OPA2604. The OPA604 is a single op amp while the 2604 is a dual. You can't replace one with the other.

OPA2604 has been discontinued which is why you can't find it in the regular distributors. ebay or similar might turn something up, but it might also provide you with a fake. It might be an idea to build it with OPA2134 or whatever you like, and try swapping in some other op amps bought from ebay later to see if you prefer the sound. I'd be interested to know if there's an audible difference.
sillyquestions?
cygmu wrote:
No, OPA604 is not the same thing as OPA2604. The OPA604 is a single op amp while the 2604 is a dual. You can't replace one with the other.

OPA2604 has been discontinued which is why you can't find it in the regular distributors. ebay or similar might turn something up, but it might also provide you with a fake. It might be an idea to build it with OPA2134 or whatever you like, and try swapping in some other op amps bought from ebay later to see if you prefer the sound. I'd be interested to know if there's an audible difference.

Well thats even better to know. Thanks for this info. Ive heard an OPA2604 and it definetly sounds better than my OPA2134 RES eq - I guess it's all just preference but the difference is certainly there. It could be that the person who built mine wasn't up to the task - I dunno.

If and when I get to the bottom of sourcing my cart and building ill send over an audio example for them both and you can judge yourself.

Cheers again for that info.
degeneratedsines
oops, sorry I didn't read carefully enough eek!
sillyquestions?
Not a problem!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1