MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wangernumb lost some outputs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Wangernumb lost some outputs
chachi
i bought a used NLC Wangernumb and it turns out to have a couple of dead div outs. i looked over the exposed board side and didn’t see anything immediately the problem, but wondering if there is a “gotcha” section i should be looking in or really just any advice towards fixing it.

thanks!
djs
I don't have one of these, but in looking at the schematic, I would guess that most likely it's one of the CD4024 chips that's gone. Unfortunately it's hard to tell if these are blown or not without an oscilloscope.

If 'some" of the dividers are dead but not all, you can trace them back from the output on the schematic to see where the stop occurs.

Also, when you say "dead div outs", you're referring to both the output itself and the LED that's linked to that output, right?
chachi
yeah both the led and the out and there’s only two gone so this shouldn’t be that hard. pretty straight-forward when you really look at it. thanks for the reply!
djs
chachi wrote:
yeah both the led and the out and there’s only two gone so this shouldn’t be that hard. pretty straight-forward when you really look at it. thanks for the reply!

Yup- most likely the CMOS chip then. Should be a fairly simple fix.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1