MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog Matriarch Announced
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Author Moog Matriarch Announced
Muse FTW
Moog Matriarch is a patchable 4-note paraphonic analog synthesizer with a built-in Sequencer, Arpeggiator, stereo Ladder Filters, and stereo Analog Delay. Capable of creating rich evolving chord patterns immediately with “no patching required”, Matriarch invites access to an abundance of inspiring textures, new sounds, and an endless supply of happy accidents through its 90 modular patch points. Based on the vintage circuitry of classic Moog synthesizer modules, Matriarch is a catalyst for creative ideas and a medium for multidimensional expression.

Link: https://www.moogmusic.com/news/introducing-matriarch

Price: $2,000 USD for Moogfest Version

Availability: preorder open now from Guitar Center, more preorders open on the 30th - expected to ship 7/8/19
JohnLRice
Sounds quite good. Thankfully not something I need or want at the moment though. Mr. Green
SynthBaron
not this shit again
nectarios
lol at the price.
Moog will be Moog. Nice synth though. I'd just paint it black, all of it.
Although I'd never spend two grand for something like that, considering what other synths are around these days.
Kent
Looks like the Lines forum finally got a promotional video catered precisely to the houseplant and cat set. hihi

I’m sure they’ll still find something to complain about though.
ranix
houseplants need synthesizers too

Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat.

I would play it, looks cool.
SynthBaron
Kent wrote:
Looks like the Lines forum finally got a promotional video catered precisely to the houseplant and cat set. hihi

Agony!
tioJim
It's a beast!

An expensive one though, not that anyone should be surprised by that.

What's up with Moog's naming department since the Little Phatty?

Great demos. Some talented ladies there.
The Junglechrist
It look a very nice synth to me ! I don't need it at all but the GAS is here for sure. Even at this price i'm sure they will sell those easy to all the people who already tried a Grandmother and liked it.
tioJim
What's with 'paraphonic' though? Does it mean 4 voice polyphony? As in, can I play 4 notes at once? With shared filter, EG etc. Never quite understood 'paraphonic' vs. 'polyphonic'.
nectarios
tioJim wrote:
What's with 'paraphonic' though? Does it mean 4 voice polyphony? As in, can I play 4 notes at once? With shared filter, EG etc. Never quite understood 'paraphonic' vs. 'polyphonic'.

Polyphonic involves a filter, envelope(s) and VCA, per voice.
tioJim
nectarios wrote:
tioJim wrote:

But you don't necessarily have control individually?

My OB-6 is 'polyphonic' but there's only one set of controls for say the filter. But does that mean there are 6 seperate filter circuits under the hood?
craigie77
Maybe a Moog PATRIARCH sequencer on the way, with extra control
nectarios
tioJim wrote:
nectarios wrote:
tioJim wrote:

My OB-6 is 'polyphonic' but there's only one set of controls for say the filter. But does that mean there are 6 seperate filter circuits under the hood?

Let's assume there is a patch where you have programmed an envelope, modulating the filter, when you press and hold the note down, you hear the envelope modulating the filter and staying at the sustain stage you have programmed.
Then when you press another note, another envelope (that shares the same settings) modulates the filter of *only* the new note you pressed, whilst the first note is still held at the sustain stage.
The same applies to the amp envelope (and amp).

Yes, your OB-6 has 6 filters, 6 sets of envelopes, 6 VCAs, 12 VCOs (2 per voice), under the hood.

This Moog has only one VCF, one set of envelopes, one VCA.
This is what I gather since I haven't actually read too much about this new Moog since its of no interest to me, so I could be mistaken.
tioJim
nectarios wrote:
tioJim wrote:
nectarios wrote:
tioJim wrote:

Let's assume there is a patch where you have programmed an envelope, modulating the filter, when you press and hold the note down, you hear the envelope modulating the filter and staying at the sustain stage you have programmed.
Then when you press another note, another envelope (that shares the same settings) modulates the filter of *only* the new note you pressed, whilst the first note is still held at the sustain stage.
The same applies to the amp envelope (and amp).

Yes, your OB-6 has 6 filters, 6 sets of envelopes, 6 VCAs under the hood.

This Moog has only one VCF, one set of envelopes, one VCA.
This is what I gather since I haven't actually read too much about this new Moog since its of no interest to me, so I could be mistaken.

Ah yes, that makes sense. Thanks smile
nectarios
This is one of the reasons that I think this is ridiculously overpriced, but that's like, my opinion.
Hermetech Mastering
Looks and sounds amazing, don't think it's too expensive, but don't really need one at the mo. Very tempting though! But more likely to go for an OB-6 at around that price.
beedogs
this is like a moog mono/poly, people should be extremely excited about this
Christopher Winkels
I confess I'm not hearing anything here that's prompting me to crack open my wallet.

And it's shot like a 15 minute advert for personal hygiene products.
nectarios
Hermetech Mastering wrote:
Looks and sounds amazing, don't think it's too expensive, but don't really need one at the mo. Very tempting though! But more likely to go for an OB-6 at around that price.

Exactly.

Also I find 2 pole filters to sound much better for poly sounds, most of the time anyway...but not always.
dubonaire
Kent wrote:

applause
starthief
Kent wrote:

Nah, they will just continue to be puzzled by the weird delusions people have about Lines.
GNSDG
Super cool. I’m really big into stereo and this is an interesting take on paraphony.

I don’t really see the point in raising price criticisms because value is so subjective, but especially weird to compare this to fixed architecture polys. I see this being a great base that you can build on w/ other modular for full patches really easily/intuitively. But then, I like keyboards. A lot.
nangu
What’s up with the panel art?

Mismatched Euro isn’t something that should be glorified, let alone faked with aggressively contrasting paint. Grayscale exists for a very good reason..

The most cynical part of me says that there will be a sweet-looking ‘all black’ version with a couple extra CV points for $800 more in a couple of years. It’ll be a limited-edition thing so everybody has to scramble for it, and all the people who bought this version will feel like they’ve been kicked square in the package.

I am disappointed that ‘cynical me’ is so frequently correct..
Hermetech Mastering
nangu wrote:
What’s up with the panel art?

Mismatched Euro isn’t something that should be glorified, let alone faked with aggressively contrasting paint. Grayscale exists for a very good reason..

The most cynical part of me says that there will be a sweet-looking ‘all black’ version with a couple extra CV points for $800 more in a couple of years. It’ll be a limited-edition thing so everybody has to scramble for it, and all the people who bought this version will feel like they’ve been kicked square in the package.

I am disappointed that ‘cynical me’ is so frequently correct..

Yes, must be a real pain having to judge so many others from the top of that ivory tower. Miley Cyrus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Page 1 of 14