MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Don't blink!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Don't blink!!
Dave Peck
Today is a first -

The first time ever that my entire 88-space MU/5U modular has been completely full of modules. Lookin' pretty sweet, if I do say so myself.

No empty spaces, and no plans (as of this writing, anyway) to start another cabinet. The next few changes I'm thinking of doing involve swapping out an existing module for something new, rather than just adding more. Let's see how long I can stick to that idea!

This is fun!

coyoteous
Needs a bigger keyboard... kidding!

Looks great... even the mixed format and brand thing works (for me... I'm kind of a stickler about that on my systems... hence, in large part how they grew to be separate, etc.).

Congratulations!
hsosdrum
Looks great, Dave! applause applause applause applause
Dave Peck
coyoteous wrote:

Looks great... even the mixed format and brand thing works (for me... I'm kind of a stickler about that on my systems... hence, in large part how they grew to be separate, etc.).

Congratulations!

Actually, it was one of those lucky coincidences that the Nord G2 and the Encore midi converter / breakout panel fit so neatly into the Dotcom 'keyboard garage'.

In addition to using the G2 as the keyboard controller for the modular, I also use the G2 to create lots of complex CV sources. For example, I have a G2 patch that recreates multiple 16-step sequencers that can be 'played' from the G2's front panel controls. All of these virtual CV signals are routed via midi to the Encore and out to the big modular through the breakout panel. Works great!

BTW, it does have a multi-position octave switch that give it a seven octave range. But yeah, a huge dedicated CV keyboard with a giant ribbon controller would be pretty sweet...

This is fun!
Chrutil
Gorgeous setup Dave!
Man, that Encore Expressionist is really the bees knees!!
brycecake
Congratulations! Thats a beautiful sight... I would spend a sickening amount of time just staring at it.
I'm developing an unhealthy obsession with the LOOK of a 5U system.... unhealthy, in the sense that I've already built like 100hp worth of Eurorack. Not to mention all those 3.5mm patch cables...
Oh God. I've gotta get outta here! Keep me away from this side of muffwiggler! lol
Gizmo
Beauty. Made the way G-d intended. hihi
PeterDeVault
Very nice.
JohnLRice
Awesome modular, Dave! love SlayerBadger!
synthetic
Very impressive setup, wow. I'm thinking about building a 44-spec cabinet but I know it will end up exactly like that.

(Actually, I might build a 40-space cabinet because it would match my MOTM cabinet. Which is 20 spaces because that's how long the Bridechamber rails came.)
Rex Coil 7
Dave Peck wrote:
Today is a first -

The first time ever that my entire 88-space MU/5U modular has been completely full of modules. Lookin' pretty sweet, if I do say so myself.

No empty spaces ...
And you didn't even "cheat" by using two 8U sequencers in doing so!!

Dave Peck wrote:
a huge dedicated CV keyboard with a giant ribbon controller would be pretty sweet...

This is fun!

... ahem ... (example presented) ....

And the damned thing doesn't have CV/Gate out (MIDI via 5 pin DIN only) so some sort of MIDI-to-CV converter required on top of the $2,500 cost for what's depicted in the image.

confused confused d'oh! d'oh!
hsosdrum
brycecake wrote:
Congratulations! Thats a beautiful sight... I would spend a sickening amount of time just staring at it.
I'm developing an unhealthy obsession with the LOOK of a 5U system.... unhealthy, in the sense that I've already built like 100hp worth of Eurorack. Not to mention all those 3.5mm patch cables...
Oh God. I've gotta get outta here! Keep me away from this side of muffwiggler! lol

Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader

Come to the dark side, my son!

Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader Darth Vader
Just me
No hardware sequencers? That's the only reason i got into modulars! Good looking system btw.
(Don't forget the expressionist has a bunch of LFO's built in!)
Rex Coil 7
hsosdrum wrote:
brycecake wrote:

Come to the dark side, my son!

coyoteous
Dave Peck wrote:
coyoteous wrote:

Congratulations!

Actually, it was one of those lucky coincidences that the Nord G2 and the Encore midi converter / breakout panel fit so neatly into the Dotcom 'keyboard garage'.

In addition to using the G2 as the keyboard controller for the modular, I also use the G2 to create lots of complex CV sources. For example, I have a G2 patch that recreates multiple 16-step sequencers that can be 'played' from the G2's front panel controls. All of these virtual CV signals are routed via midi to the Encore and out to the big modular through the breakout panel. Works great!

BTW, it does have a multi-position octave switch that give it a seven octave range. But yeah, a huge dedicated CV keyboard with a giant ribbon controller would be pretty sweet...

This is fun!

I really was kidding about the Nord, and it sounds and looks like it's a well-integrated "module" (I'd have it in there just because it's red and any functionality would be a bonus).

All-in-all: a very "evolved" system.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1