MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Noise Engineering 5u
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Noise Engineering 5u
MrNezumi
[img]

Noise Engineering Coming Soon Page (link)
AMJ
applause
noise-e
Hello all!
Just wanted to drop in and let everybody know that Ataraxic Iteritas Magnus and Cursus Iteritas Magnus are available to order today!
If you want to get a better idea of their sound and design, here's an overview with a bunch of sound demos on our blog: Link
There are a bunch of demos on our Instagram and Facebook pages too if you want to get an idea of their sound.
They can be ordered here: https://www.noiseengineering.us/shop?category=5U
--Markus
MrNezumi
Hello Markus! Thanks for stopping in. I love my BIM and my handful of NE Eurorack modules. I am quite excited to see NE bringing its magic to 5u. nanners
josaka
BIM is great.. these new ones seem pretty similar sounding.. or is that just me..?

And yes.. a very welcome addition to 5u.. thumbs up
Sir Ruff
I'm trying to get a good sense of how the Cursus differs from the Ataraxic (there are no good demos like JLR's for the Basimilus)... The former seems like classic waveshaping/harmonic building whereas the latter seems to be more of a "square-wave" 8-bit harmonic/noise variant type deal?

The Ataraxic seems closer to the PT Audio Dual Digital Oscillator (which I'm getting rid of) so thinking the Cursus may be more my bag.
josaka
think the main differences are (as with the dove audio osc) one (cursus) manipulates the wave from the inside and out.. the width/focus/shape/tone.. the ataraxic manupulates between different waves and morphing the waves.. and noise..over time or quickly swapping waves/noise/tones.. both are great..
Sir Ruff
josaka wrote:
think the main differences are (as with the dove audio osc) one (cursus) manipulates the wave from the inside and out.. the width/focus/shape/tone.. the ataraxic manupulates between different waves and morphing the waves.. and noise..over time or quickly swapping waves/noise/tones.. both are great..

cool. that is a good description. I just plunked down on the Cursus. Think it will suit those Buchla-esque sounds I'm after a little better.
josaka
what type of BUchla sounds you after..? smile
Sir Ruff
josaka wrote:
what type of BUchla sounds you after..? smile

the classic complex oscillator waveshaper sound. Basimulus looks like it will do that in spades.
josaka
the 258 and 259 both use morphing waves and the digital waveshaper (259 only) ..think you can do similar type things with the cursus and ataraxic also the dove WTF and Waveplane but digital of course smile.. the dove dont have "fold" per say.. but you can create it using the controls.. I have a basimilus and its quite different.. its great and get amazing sounds from cowbels to teckno riffs/stabs but not really the buchla 258/9 sound (have you got a video? ) smile to get the bongo you need a lowpass gate type filter.. or something similar the journeyman gets close in high pass..

259 vids never get old.. smile
Sir Ruff
josaka wrote:
the 258 and 259 both use morphing waves and the digital waveshaper (259 only) ..think you can do similar type things with the cursus and ataraxic also the dove WTF and Waveplane but digital of course smile.. the dove dont have "fold" per say.. but you can create it using the controls.. I have a basimilus and its quite different.. its great and get amazing sounds from cowbels to teckno riffs/stabs but not really the buchla 258/9 sound (have you got a video? ) smile to get the bongo you need a lowpass gate type filter.. or something similar the journeyman gets close in high pass..

259 vids never get old.. smile

argh, I keep saying Basimulus but I meant Cursus (curse these strange names). JLR's video for that indicated it does a wide range of waveshaping a la 258, which is what I think of as the "Buchla" sound (more than just plunky bongos).

I kind of went from 1 to 60 in the waveshaping realm tho--I just got a CGS TWS and I already had the STG wavefolder. They can sound similar but are different--not sure which I prefer, TWS is brighter, the STG warmer (maybe more like Buchla as mentioned in another comment). Now I will have the Cursus... no room at the inn as it were, so if the Cursus does the same sounds and then some, the other two will have to be shown the door!
josaka
the cursus and the dove WTF seem quite similar in end results as in buchla terms..
m̶y̶ ̶W̶T̶F̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶1̶/̶2̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶!̶ smile
is here !
Dove have a new 1u vesion coming it looks like..

Sir Ruff
Yeah, I’d be curious to know how similar Cursus and WTF are—they seem pretty different both from sound generator and result perspectives—wavefolding vs wave adding.

I will definitely be interested in that one you wave table module; definitely a gap in the market for that.
josaka
JLR is doing a WTF video he said..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1