MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

good for 5u ? Torais Squid sequencer -Beatstep killer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author good for 5u ? Torais Squid sequencer -Beatstep killer
josaka
seems simple deep weird normal.. my only complaint is a lack of trigger outs and a couple of extra CV outs... way more interesting/creative than the beatstep..

Rex Coil 7
josaka wrote:
seems simple deep weird normal.. my only complaint is a lack of trigger outs and a couple of extra CV outs... way more interesting/creative than the beatstep..
... and 6x the price at $600 USD. If you actually meant the Beatstep Pro, then it's still 2.4x the price of the BSP. So that is a really lopsided comparison. Price wise, I wonder how it stands up to the Squarp Pyramid (all things considered)? That is a rhetorical question to place emphasis on my point.

Now I have an honest/innocent cultural question; The fella demonstrating the Squid ... what dialect does he speak? I mean, I know it's one of the British dialects, but it puzzles me. "Pa'ern" (rather than "pattern") ... and any words ending in *ing* he omits the *g* every time ... (eg; "amazin'" .... "interestin'" ... "switchin'"). Reminds me of Eliza Doolittle in "My Fair Lady" in a way. Understand that I am not (so not) mocking him, I'm genuinely interested. I find cultural things to be enormously interesting.

cool
josaka
hes an essex lad.. new cockney if you will..
sort of working boston or a deep brooklyn..

the price is not really the question.. more what it does..
price will drop.. its a big company.. squarp are not..

Americans talking about leaving letters out of words.. most amusing.

sduck
Yes, if it had cv out options for all (or at least a few more of) the channels, this would be a super monster killer for modular users. Without them, maybe not so much, depending on your midi arsenal.

Super powerful multi track sequencers are becoming pretty numerous in the euro world. I've got a stillson hammer 2, which is four channels, and my current favorite is the westlicht performer, with 8 channels (up to 64 steps each, and 16 patterns per channel, all configurable - it gets deep!)
josaka
I would be usine mine mostly throught the DAW so for me its very very tempting.. those pattern directions + time/pitch.step/clock manipulation are killers.. need to check slewing and other stuff out more.. one of the few I have seen that will bring a lot to a DAW.. I am presuming you can manipulate DAW sequences in realtime and record it..
hamildad
Kilpatrick Carbon is a great pattern generator, I get the haters comparing it to a normal sequencer but it seems to do many things the squid does but also has a song mode and 4xcv pairs.

Its not a zero sum game though, so buy your favourite and nanners
josaka
hamildad wrote:
Kilpatrick Carbon is a great pattern generator, I get the haters comparing it to a normal sequencer but it seems to do many things the squid does but also has a song mode and 4xcv pairs.

Its not a zero sum game though, so buy your favourite and nanners

4 cv gate is great.. but that interface.. its like some sort of 1950s east german lab testing equipment.. very unfriendly.. to put it mildly..smile

there are a few great seq out there.. all bar the Zaquencer pretty pricey..
the midibox V4 is great(DIY) very deep and flexible the ZAQ is great.. but I have to say for messing about and changing and creating on the fly the torais easily looks the funkiest.. the beatstep is too basic for me.. the zaq is midi only no cv/gate and no real slides.. but has a bunch of crazy stuff in the ratcheting and repeats side

midibox V4
hamildad
josaka wrote:

4 cv gate is great.. but that interface.. its like some sort of 1950s east german lab testing equipment..

you're saying that as if its a bad thing? hmmm.....
josaka
hamildad wrote:
josaka wrote:

4 cv gate is great.. but that interface.. its like some sort of 1950s east german lab testing equipment..

you're saying that as if its a bad thing? hmmm.....

both yes.. and no.. looks and build they made some setiously proper stuff..

but.. I want some interaction and realtime tactile behaviours in this modern era ..smile ..slam the torais features and interface on the front of this and I am there...

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1