MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tariffs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Tariffs
fracmonkey
I paid my first tariff of 10% on $120 worth of power supplies. The vendor included it as a separate item while another vendor just raised the price 10%.

I hear 25 % is in the works. So much electronic stuff comes from China. For a electronic kit, the price rise may start to become an issue.
diller
fracmonkey wrote:
I paid my first tariff of 10% on $120 worth of power supplies. The vendor included it as a separate item while another vendor just raised the price 10%.

I hear 25 % is in the works. So much electronic stuff comes from China. For a electronic kit, the price rise may start to become an issue.

Cry me a river. A whopping $12.
sizone
diller wrote:

look who doesn't understand margins.
Rex Coil 7
fracmonkey wrote:

... along with opportunist vendors jacking their prices up and untruthfully claiming "it's cuz tariffs". They'll raise their prices on EVERYTHING (rather than just the items affected by tariffs). And when the tariffs are removed you can bet your sweet bippy the prices won't go back down.

I'm curious how the vendor that upcharged you and claimed "TARIFFS!" when items affected by the tariffs will take weeks to arrive, especially if they are in the US .. the boat trip from China to the U.S. is anywhere between three and four weeks. Sounds like that vendor is already taking advantage of this issue.

sizone wrote:
diller wrote:

look who doesn't understand margins.
Look who's not making any sense. How does Member *fracmonkey stating he paid more for something negatively affect profit margins? Please explain yourself, otherwise you're just mocking someone without basis. Or is it that you have some sort of negative history with that person that I am unaware of?
chachi
because Member Fracmonkey has to pay that $12 up front to supply product and either eat it or pass that along to the good consumers who already are thin in a lonely format. so does Member Fracmonkey then lose that $12 in their profit margin? the margin being the amount of money that is profit, hence the name.

the tears here are that those of us that like and work in the frac eventually loose our most productive and interesting source of modules. i thought this would happen eventually with the war on trade, cheap tech and thin margins are absolutely everything today.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1