MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog Werkstatt-01 schematic … what is the U5 chip?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Moog Werkstatt-01 schematic … what is the U5 chip?
erynrwells
Hi all,

I'm working on understanding how VCOs are put together and I've been studying the schematic for the Moog Werkstatt. There's a part labeled U5 used in several places in the VCO section that I have not been able to identify. The schematic looks like a switch with a box around it.

My best guess so far is that it's a quad transistor package, but if that's the case, why don't the use a transistor symbol?

Anyone happen know off hand what this is, or have a guess? Or maybe have a Werkstatt and don't mind taking a quick look?
mskala
Unlikely to be a quad transistor with that symbol. It's probably a quad analog switch, such as a CD4066 - which would be consistent with the pin numbers shown in your image. But there are several different chips with that function and pinout and different specs, so you really do need a part number or other information to identify which one it's supposed to be.

EDIT: Okay, I see you posted a link. On page 3 of the linked file, grid reference A5, there's the power connection for this chip (labelled U5-E) and it says it's a CD4066.
erynrwells
mskala wrote:
EDIT: Okay, I see you posted a link. On page 3 of the linked file, grid reference A5, there's the power connection for this chip (labelled U5-E) and it says it's a CD4066.

Oh my gosh, I should have seen that. d'oh! Thank you for taking a closer look!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1