MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NEW - Noddy's Puncture, Hoedown, Barbarian, Karn Evil 9
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author NEW - Noddy's Puncture, Hoedown, Barbarian, Karn Evil 9
Rex Coil 7
They're at it again! Posted today ....

Faustgeist
Right on! Love the Leslie speakers SlayerBadger!

~R
Rex Coil 7
Faustgeist wrote:

~R
What I find to be most amazing is Tom's Emerson-esque Hammond sound. He uses a rompler (Alesis rack unit if I recall), along with another rack unit providing chorus, and piping the works out to three rotary amp/cab setups (Selmer amps drive one or two of the rotary cabs). It sounds so authentic, especially cuts through the live mix so well. It inspired me so much that I began developing my own version of a "dual rotary" system powered by ~guitar amps~ (Marshall). I'm very pleased with the results!

(Thanks Tom!)

Rawk! headbang
noddyspuncture
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Faustgeist wrote:

~R
What I find to be most amazing is Tom's Emerson-esque Hammond sound. He uses a rompler (Alesis rack unit if I recall), along with another rack unit providing chorus, and piping the works out to three rotary amp/cab setups (Selmer amps drive one or two of the rotary cabs). It sounds so authentic, especially cuts through the live mix so well. It inspired me so much that I began developing my own version of a "dual rotary" system powered by ~guitar amps~ (Marshall). I'm very pleased with the results!

(Thanks Tom!)
Rawk! headbang

Cheers guys...

You're correct Rex, it is an Alesis - QSR, using a Q-card and also Flash ram card with samples of my own C3 burned to it..! Custom patches then go through a graphic, a chorus and my own DIY built distortion unit. The Leslies are actually stock. The 145 has a mixer I built into it... basically a 'Leslie Preamp II' which I built on vero-board. It means I can mix the the real Hammond and the Alesis into the system. The 760 has two 12inch speakers which I built into it to make it double up as also a 2x12 cab. I used to carry a 2x12 cab around but it occurred to me I could cut down the gear a bit by doing that and not lose anything. The Selmer just has a line feed of both organ sounds - Alesis & L100, but the L100 goes through a couple of distortion pedals first. That is basically it. Nice & loud and nice & distorted if I want... I can just dial it in...smile

Here's a couple of more vids from the night using the big Moog....

JohnLRice
Great job as always, Tom! w00t screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! nanners
Gizmo
noddyspuncture wrote:
using the big Moog....

How do you manage the modular patch changes (but I think you have already described this elsewhere?)
Rex Coil 7
Gizmo wrote:
noddyspuncture wrote:
using the big Moog....

How do you manage the modular patch changes (but I think you have already described this elsewhere?)
Watch him demonstrate ...

umma gumma
F'n Fantastic!!

and wow, that basement jam is one of the coolest things I have ever seen: nice to see up close how he runs that modular.... and great sound!!
gregae
Nice work as always, Tom and NP!

applause applause applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1