MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

which modules you regret to have them sold the most?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author which modules you regret to have them sold the most?
FatRocky
which modules you regret to have them sold the most?

sorry but i need to feel im not alone.
lisa
No regrets. I’d never regret selling anything because when I’m selling something I’m done with it.

Some people sell without exploring the gear enough and get a feeling of regret as soon as they see someone else use the same gear in a cool way. That’s just strange to me. Explore fully or accept the consequence of your actions. seriously, i just don't get it

Some people have to sell for financial reasons. I don’t get how you can ”regret” something you had to do.

Some people regret selling stuff that go up in value over time. I get this agony but come on.. you can’t hold on to tons of stuff that you have no use for just in case it goes up in value, right?
Joe.
Intellijel unity Mix.

I think i sold it for like $30 and now i cant find one under $80.
Rex Coil 7
... my 1984 Harley XLX Sportster 1000cc (sold in 1985). I miss that every day.

... oh hell, modules ..... you meant modules d'oh!

... ok ... NONE. I don't regret selling any synth modules. When I sell them it's because I don't need them any longer or they were a disappointment. Besides, if I decide I want one of them again there's plenty out there.

cool
Prunesquallor
Cwejman MMF-6, my first module.

I bought it when you could actually find them in stock, and sold it to raise much-needed cash at the time. Now Cwejman modules are like collectors' items.
starthief
If my count is right I've sold 84 modules. I have no real regrets.

There were occasional moments where I missed something I'd sold, but usually that was just nostalgia.

I did re-purchase 3 things, but then resold 2 of those again anyway. Kermit was the exception -- and the knobs on my second one are a lot less loose than on my first one anyway. grin
lisa
starthief wrote:
If my count is right I've sold 84 modules. I have no real regrets.

I've sold 6 modules and ditto. smile

Nothing to miss here.
Parnelli
I have sold nothing at this point after a couple of years.

I gave my grandson my MS-20 mini last summer and he likes it. If his interest grows he will receive any modules I no longer find a use for (though as soon as I send them off I'll need them, I'm sure of it!) starting with the Harvesman English Tear in a 104 MN case with a power supply.

I'm also thinking of giving him one of my Moog Mother 32's to make space in my rack, I rarely use two together these days.

He has been interested in music since he was young, and his mother got him into band where he took up drums. The next year I gave him my Peavey T-60 guitar, the year after that I gave him my (small) Roland V-Drum set along with a Peavey bass amp so he could hear it.

They were cramped for space in their apartment so he hasn't been able to have it all set up at once, but she just bought a new farm house with plenty of space for him to expand!

If I can help him learn to love music as I do then I will have accomplished my goal.
cptnal
Never sold any. I'll often put something away if I rarely use it in order to make room for something new, but then I start to wonder how it'll play with the new one and have to build a bigger case. d'oh!
Random63
Erbe Verb - I‘m an idiot... very frustrating
Rex Coil 7
Random63 wrote:
Erbe Verb - I‘m an idiot... very frustrating
Why yes, yes you are. The MSN Smack!

I'm not helping, am I? ...

Mr. Green w00t
Parnelli
cptnal wrote:
Never sold any. I'll often put something away if I rarely use it in order to make room for something new, but then I start to wonder how it'll play with the new one and have to build a bigger case. d'oh!

This is what I have been doing for a couple of years now. The precursor to building a new case seems to be soon after I take my Moog Mother 32's out to make room for something else. When I built my last one with 26U of 104hp rails I was sure it would be my last, but I'm about to take one of the Moogs out to make some room for a Forbidden Planet... Dead Banana
Fog Door
@Lisa

As a modular n00b, may I ask why you sold Clouds? Its pretty high on my list of modules to buy, in fact why is everybody selling Clouds? hmmm.....
Rex Coil 7
Fog Door wrote:
@Lisa

As a modular n00b, may I ask why you sold Clouds? Its pretty high on my list of modules to buy, in fact why is everybody selling Clouds? hmmm.....
I can't speak for Member *Lisa, but t'is the nature of Euro users for the most part ... fickle. It's that fickle approach that drives the Euro ~industry~ ... sortof like stompboxes ... the held on high modules of today are gone by the wayside later today. In fact many builders/manufacturers count on that.

Fog Door
Yeah, I totally get that Rex. the same applies to most musical gear too. I just wondered because Starthief sold 84 and Lisa only sold 6, but one of those rare sales was clouds
lisa
Fog Door wrote:

If there are many sales of Clouds my guess would be that the reason is hidden in the fact that many have been produced (both factory ones and DIY, mind). I’m not sure the sale ratio is greater for Clouds than any other module.

I actually sent mine back to the shop. I didn’t like it. It’s good at making any input into instant ambient but I’m not a fan of that kind of music. I felt that I sent it distinct, good material and I got indistinct, stuffy fluff back.

I kind of liked it as a sample based, grain oscillator but not enough to justify the size or the price.
ayruos
I kinda have a love/hate relationship with my Smog (aka Clouds in 8hp). But personally, I feel it's the most compact delay module you can get. I have Parasites on it and it's always set to the looping delay mode. Of course there are other options and probably better delays out there, but for the price and the size of the Smog/uBurst/etc I'm quite happy with mine. I actually had a uBurst earlier but I replaced it with the Smog for... aesthetic reasons.

Edit: If I were to replace it, it would be either the Chronoblob 2 or once the Mimeophone comes out. Both are bigger and more expensive so quite a few choices would have to be made in that scenario.
Rex Coil 7
Fog Door wrote:
Yeah, I totally get that Rex. the same applies to most musical gear too. I just wondered because Starthief sold 84 and Lisa only sold 6, but one of those rare sales was clouds

But that's not what you said ....

Fog Door wrote:
... in fact why is everybody selling Clouds?
So I answered.

In the end, does there have to be a reason? Everyone has their own reasons for flipping modules. Member *Starthief didn't sell a Clouds ... Member *Lisa did ... and?

There's no correlation between the two.

Again, you asked why "everybody" is selling Clouds ... if you already knew it was part of the nature within the fickle Euro crew, then why did you ask?

... so busted ... lol poke hihi
Fog Door
Rex, I'm sorry if you think I asked a stupid question but, as tempting as it is, I'm not going to waste my time and yours by explaining my thought process in detail and prolonging this exchange. I feel bad enough already for hijacking this thread to ask about Clouds. But peace be with you Rex.

Thank you for your response Lisa, that is actually super helpful to me. Thank you also ayruos because your post helped me too.
Pelsea
Sell? What is this "sell" you speak of? I still have things I acquired in the 60s. Sometimes I give things away, sometimes I disassemble something for parts, but you should see what's in my garage.

The only item I regret the loss of is a Sony clock radio that quit working.
naturligfunktion
I have only sold one module and that is my Rings. No regrets at all.
Neo
Echophon

I tried for hours and hours to get interesting sounds out of it, and decided that it wasn't worth the hp. So i put it up for sale. The guy comes round, we try it out, and OMG the noises I got out of it.. faaantastic sounds, exactly what I'd been trying to get. But I'd already said he could buy it, and being the awesome person that I am, I sold it to him. Then a couple of months later he sold it.

Maybe I'll get a black one.
Plattform
Modcan MIDI/CV 63A
sduck
A MOTM version of the Blacet Time Machine. Sold it, but it came back - I had to refund the guy, it had arrived damaged. After I fixed it he changed his mind. And I used it a few more times, and found quite a few great sounds in it, and I still have it.

Non-modular, but musical gear - a 1985 PRS, one of the first production ones, serial number 11, dot neck (not birds!). Sold it during a brief period of unenployment to pay the rent. That thing is worth a major fortune currently.
Fog Door
Quote:
a 1985 PRS, one of the first production ones, serial number 11, dot neck

Ouch! Not my cup of tea but that has got to burn a little, even disregarding the financial aspect, my commiserations eek! smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2