MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Disting MK4 No sound or weird sound
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Disting MK4 No sound or weird sound
Shakey Muff
I have a Disting MK4, now I have a strange occurence

I have a braids, when I have connected the output of the disting to my mixer I can hear the braids through the MK4 without it even connected to the MK4.

So i connect my output of braids to the mixer, check some presets. Then i connect my MK4 to my mixer and I get same sounds??

Anyways I am a total noob and struggling to even get it connnected properly so if anyone can help me a bit I would be very gratefull.

I have beatstep cv gate out to Doepfer A140 into MK4 and braids also into the MK4 but it wont trigger or anything. Algorhythm f4 I think.

Also on the MK4 VCO output no sound?
os
There are a lot of questions there, so let's take them one at a time.

Quote:
Also on the MK4 VCO output no sound?

Which algorithm? Do you see no activity at all on the outputs?
Shakey Muff
There is sound but it seems to come from the braids, while it is not connected.

Whenever i try to change the waveform on the mk4 nothing happens. But when i turn the braids it does...

https://youtu.be/sKIR-a6BhBQ
Shakey Muff
Algorhythm J7
os
Your video shows J6 (Multisample Audio Playback). J7 is Mono Audio Recorder.

In the video it looks like the X & Y inputs are lit up red, which they should not be if nothing is plugged in. Is it perhaps shorting out against one of the other modules? Could you space them out a bit more?

Could you try a VCO algorithm, B7 or B8?
Shakey Muff
I have tried as you suggested but it seems still the same.

https://youtu.be/LJs1_RaIFtI
os
Can't see that video - is it marked private?
Shakey Muff
Ah yes, I opened it now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJs1_RaIFtI&list=UU0Vc9xoYbVIjEjVgFjzR RbA&index=1
os
There's something badly wrong there. The X & Y inputs should not be lit when nothing is plugged in.
Shakey Muff
Ok thank you, so do you maybe have an idea what could cause this?

Is it a power issue or maybe a defect unit?

Anyway to test this?
os
I've never seen that before. It could possibly be power - do you have a spare cable to try swapping?
Shakey Muff
Well I have to see when I have time to go to the electronics shop for testing I suppose.

I report back whem im done.

Thanks so far!
Shakey Muff
I see now that you meant to swap the ribbon cable, so I tried that with the doepfer cable but it gives me the same effect. All lights are on.

I suspect the adapter is faulty or my power board does something strange, maybe because preciously I used the wrong adapter. I hope I dint fry my board or something through that.

It says 5-12v I think.
os
I think we better get the disting looked at. Did you buy it new? Can the store help?
Shakey Muff
I need to send it to Schneidersladen then. Maybe better to try somewhere elses eurorack?

Could it be firmware update?

The MicroSD I use had been formerly used for Kodi/Linux OS
os
Nothing in the firmware can cause the input LEDs to light in the absence of input signal.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1