MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My Setups::::
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author My Setups::::
BugBrand
Stupidly I didn't snap my home 5Frame setup before taking it apart to make the current 4Frame Travel system. DAMN.

But I thought I'd share a pic to show my approaches:::

Top Row - COFilter (Aux 1), PT Delay (Aux 2), SComp (Group1/2 bus)
Row 2 - 3 x CVCO (cross modulating one another), DDSR, DRM2
Row 3 - 2 x DDiv, DDSR, DFilter, DAmp, DMix [two filters for pinging rhythmically]
Row 4 - Grids, DDiv, Penrose, Tresses, DFilt, LPG, PTDelay [Tresses chain pre-patched with pomonas as socket spacing is 0.75"]

Sonic Potions LXR drum machine for extra drums & trigger I/O
Soundcraft 12MTK with Aux3 going to Eventide PitchFactor and OTO reverb
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:

Row 4 - ... LPG, PTDelay

OTO reverb

Nice four frame! So those are 2 x 2 frames conjoined with dual end cheeks right? How does that little wooden prop work? Do the frames screw into that too or do they just rest there?

Dead Banana

LPG and PT Deay designs look awesome, PT Delay in particular is quite different from the old one. Is that an input level control for one of the two inputs? and just 1 CV input I think? Would love to see the I/O and labelling on the LPG up close.

How do you find the OTO reverb by the way? I've been toying with the idea of getting one for some time. You were using an eventide one before if i'm not mistaken? Which do you prefer?
BugBrand

Heres pics of the 4Frame approach for travel - yes, 2 x 2Frame with four bolts on each replaced with butterfly bolts. Seems good - quick to set and nice & stable. Of course, not a briefcase solution but still...

Will post details on LPG soon. PT a little further away.

OTO - tends to just be set & forget for me (as with many reverbs). Got it in part trade I think and tend to like it more than the Space which I found a little weird compared with other Factor pedals (had some great sounds in it though). Dunno, both are good & still have the Space (oops)
shred
very cool to see, and lovely setup!

so what are your main "voices" you go for in this configuration? DRM2, filter pings, and Tresses? seems like a lot of dividers but I guess there are lots of clocking abilities so the more the merrier.

How are you finding the travel with this setup? Do you have a case or bag that everything fits into? (sorry for the prying questions, I like figuring out portable solutions.. I'm working on a briefcase for my two frame atm).

LPG! yes Guinness ftw!
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:

Heres pics of the 4Frame approach for travel - yes, 2 x 2Frame with four bolts on each replaced with butterfly bolts. Seems good - quick to set and nice & stable. Of course, not a briefcase solution but still...

Yeah that's neat! I like it. I wonder if there is an off the shelf 'suitcase' somewhere that'd fit 2x2frames.... hmmm.....
chrisdermo
shred wrote:
very cool to see, and lovely setup!

so what are your main "voices" you go for in this configuration? DRM2, filter pings, and Tresses?

There's those 3 cross-modded oscillators too!

Surprised to see no logic module in this setup. But then, the SL grids can do fancy patterns w00t
shred
chrisdermo wrote:
There's those 3 cross-modded oscillators too!:

screaming goo yo nanners
lud
Great set up, excited about the LPG and PT!
Are there vactrols in the LPG?
BugBrand
Yeah, I might actually swap one of the DDivs over to a Logic.
Yes, basically 3 voices + some extra LXR drums >>>
-- DRM2, Tresses, Filter Pings, LXR

The 3 cross-mod Oscs I'm not sure about - I started with 2 cross patched like in the Chirper. Tend to use this at LFO rates.

I'll have to report back about actual portability! I have a large suitcase to pack this & everything (going in the hold...). Maybe I should look again at the padded cases I got made for 2x16FW cases back in 2012 - those would be great for the 2Frames & weren't too pricey.

LPG - yes with vactrols (even if I did swear off ever using them again!)
T. Jervell
Looking good!
LPG and PT!! Ov yeah It's peanut butter jelly time!
lud
Hurray for vactrols! Can't wait, will they be available soon?
phisynth
BugBrand wrote:

LPG - yes with vactrols (even if I did swear off ever using them again!)

Oh yeah, I remember that hihi

nice setup applause

How does it work regarding power ? 2 separate inputs on each top frame ?
BugBrand
Each 2Frame has a DC and 0V point. So I just need 2 x 3A 12VDC bricks.
I guess I could make a join between the 2 x 2Frames, but that would require a bit more thought - this is just simple!
chrisdermo
BugBrand wrote:
Each 2Frame has a DC and 0V point. So I just need 2 x 3A 12VDC bricks.
I guess I could make a join between the 2 x 2Frames, but that would require a bit more thought - this is just simple!

Considering you can get IEC splitters (1->2) or even just 1x mains plug to 2 x IEC you could still realistically power the whole 4 frames from one plug without having to source a single dc brick with 6+ amps right?
BugBrand
Yes, I only need a 2 way - one for a twin IEC to the two power bricks of the 4Frame and another for the LXR. (though debating whether to take the pfactor/bam chain too)
DickMarker
Interesting to see those shorting bars (is that what they're called?) fit with your modules - wasn't sure if they did but might pick up a few to try out.
BugBrand
Yes, Pomona shorting bars - they're useful in some such instances + I got a few 4" pomonas, again for pre-configured patching (something I've rarely done before but now focusing on standardised voices, just with variable modulations - lots of modulations!!)
lud
Didn't know about IEC splitters - just rewired my desk and they would have been super handy!
BugBrand
Yes, you can get 'extension' ones (male one end splits to two at the other) but that gets quite bulky overall so find the mains plug one end to two IEC the other. Great!
/\/\/\/
Would love to hear that system! Looking fairly different from the recently pictured setup.

Briefcase would be awesome! Swap frames in and out and be on the move.

Gute Reise in Deutschland!
DickMarker
Just noticed you don't have any envelope modules in this setup (couple of built in ones obvs), interesting....
KNYST
Nice system, prototypes, end cheeks, ... everything. Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1