MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Now available] New C111 Multimode Contour Generator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author [Now available] New C111 Multimode Contour Generator
Thalassa
Happy to show the the next Corsynth module, the C111 Multimode Contour Generator. It's a quad analogue envelope generator and modulation source. The module is composed by four identical envelopes ( AD or ASR ) that can be combined by pairs to create envelope shapes that are not possible using a regular envelope generator. Up to six different envelopes are available at the same time. Also each envelope is loopable.

Updated 3rd of July

The module is now available, more info here : corsynth.com

BTW the user manual is already available to download and it has a lot of information and graphics about the different envelope modes. smile

First basic demo

josaka
very nice Pablo.. an east/west chaos machine.
Thalassa
Thanks smile
JohnLRice
Very cool design! SlayerBadger! It would be fun to patch it into a quantizer, and/or cross patch it into itself! hyper

I know it's probably too late for any design changes . . . (hides) . .but I was thinking it would be nice if there was a manual buttons to fire a one shot so the module could be "played" by hand?? Maybe the LEDs could be momentary LED push-buttons or maybe the Loop toggle switch could be a center off with momentary down positions? hmmm.....
coyoteous
I'm out... no ADD or ADHD.

(kidding... looks great!)
fac
coyoteous wrote:

You can obtain an ADHD by feeding back one of the outputs into the input of the opposite side and viceversa. Should be pretty obvious just by looking at the panel. razz

Any estimated price? A couple days ago I was patching my synth and noted a certain lack of envelopes. I do seem to have enough VCAs, though.
levelhead3
stop. making. perfect. modules.

this will indeed fill a noted niche quite handily. Chugging Beers
Thalassa
JohnLRice wrote:
Very cool design! SlayerBadger! It would be fun to patch it into a quantizer, and/or cross patch it into itself! hyper

I know it's probably too late for any design changes . . . (hides)

Thanks John oops . During the design phase I thought about it but the panel was already too crowded. At this moment is not possible to make any changes, PCBs and panels are already manufactured. Anyway in AD mode you can use the loop switch to trigger the envelope. If the envelope is not too fast, turn on and off the loop mode and the envelope will make just a cycle.

coyoteous wrote:

(kidding... looks great!)

Actually an ADD is also possible using the A+B or C+D ouputs. hihi hihi

Set both envelopes to AD mode. Same attack in both envelopes and one decay really fast and the other long. Balance knob in middle position smile

fac wrote:

Any estimated price? A couple days ago I was patching my synth and noted a certain lack of envelopes. I do seem to have enough VCAs, though.

It's not set yet , but it will be something around 250-270€ + VAT for EU residents. If you have two sequenced voices that uses 4 AD or ASR envelopes even 4 of the cheapest envelopes in MU will be more expensive and they will take 4 spaces. Mr. Green

levelhead3 wrote:
stop. making. perfect. modules.

Thank you oops oops
coyoteous
fac/Thalassa: Just my luck you can... additional spoilage to my bad joke.

When I looked at the graphs the first thing I thought was "attention-deficit disorder," then I got distracted, went for a run, took some Adderall, remembered about the graphs and thought "attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder."

(I'm borderline... yeah, still at least a little inappropriate)
JohnLRice
Thalassa wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

I know it's probably too late for any design changes . . . (hides)

Thanks John oops . During the design phase I thought about it but the panel was already too crowded. At this moment is not possible to make any changes, PCBs and panels are already manufactured. Anyway in AD mode you can use the loop switch to trigger the envelope. If the envelope is not too fast, turn on and off the loop mode and the envelope will make just a cycle.
thumbs up Seems like you've got it covered. cool And someone could make or buy one or more off those 1/4" button plugs with a battery inside for on-module gating if needed?
https://www.synthesizers.com/vplug.html
fac
Thalassa wrote:

If you have two sequenced voices that uses 4 AD or ASR envelopes even 4 of the cheapest envelopes in MU will be more expensive and they will take 4 spaces. Mr. Green

Actually, I often have several percussive sounds going on simultaneously, so 4 AD envelopes (or 2 AD plus 1 ADSR) in a single 2-space module are perfect for me.
KSS
Nice looking module!

Using the existing loop toggle switch position, and changing to an (on)-off-on type will let you have what JLR requested. Can probably even kludge it in, and will be easy to do in the next rev.

Up for loop. Middle native off is off. Down is momentary loop, taking advantage of what you described, but making it easier to perform. Using a red vinyl toggle cover or MOTM style bat handle makes this feel better, but plain bat handles work too.
KSS
Isn't an ADSR really already an ADHD? Mr. Green Guinness ftw!
Thalassa
fac wrote:
Actually, I often have several percussive sounds going on simultaneously, so 4 AD envelopes (or 2 AD plus 1 ADSR) in a single 2-space module are perfect for me.

As a matter of fact I tend to use much more AD and ASR envelopes than ADSR.

KSS wrote:
Using the existing loop toggle switch position, and changing to an (on)-off-on type will let you have what JLR requested. Can probably even kludge it in, and will be easy to do in the next rev.

Yes that could make it. Connecting the momentary leg of the switch to a voltage source will make a nice gate smile . Maybe in a future MKII version.
ba1
This looks great Pablo!

Count me in for one of these.
Thalassa
ba1 wrote:
This looks great Pablo!

Count me in for one of these.

Thanks smile
Thalassa
The module is now available, more info here : corsynth.com

ba1
How soon until these are available at Noisebug?
Thalassa
At least two three weeks
Thalassa
ba1 wrote:
How soon until these are available at Noisebug?

The C111 is on its way to Noisebug. By the end of next week they should have it in stock.
ba1
Awesome! Thanks for the update.
Thalassa
First basic demo. Nothing fancy , just the module controlling two synth voices. smile Now I have to do a more complete one showing all the features of the module Mr. Green

ba1
Just got my C111! Awesome module! Lots of fun, as to be expected... Corsynth is becoming heavily represented in my system! I definitely need another C104 though. Somehow I currently have 10 envelopes, but only 3 oscillators. seriously, i just don't get it
Thalassa
Thanks Bill smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1