MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Excellent cable hanger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Excellent cable hanger!
sduck
Just in case any of you haven't seen this, check it out - https://www.eurodesk-z.com/products/hex-25-1-4-modular-cable-hanger

Only a limited number available currently, but if there's enough demand, he'll make more most likely.

I have one of his euro ones, and have the other one (the one linked abovea) ordered. The euro one works really well! Does what it's supposed to - holds a whole bunch of cables neatly.

lisa
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=210218&highlight=

wink
Xero
i was just literally telling my friend last night how i needed something like this to clean up my big mess of cables on the floor.

And done.
VinceL
It looks to me like this hanger will hold 120 or so 1/4" cables. The recommendation is to use a microphone stand with it. I would be nervous about using a mic stand with this many cables.

I had attached 2 Pomona cable hangers back-to-back on a 2x4 and then drilled a hole to slide it on top of a mic stand. The Pomona cable hangers hold about 30 cables each. With the 2 Pomona's loaded with cables, the mic stand was wobbly and placed very heavy torque where the mic stand attached to the base. I used a 40 lb. barbell weight on the base to keep it from tipping over. I have 6 foot cables; so I had the mic stand at maximum height. I was very afraid of the stand just snapping off the base.

I built the cable tree pictured below (based on a design from the late Larry Hendry) using 5 Pomona cable hangers, an old lighting stand, and 2 pieces of wood cut into triangles.

I have over 150 (mostly Dotcom cables) cables on this cable tree. They represent a lot of weight. This tree is as solid as a rock
Rex Coil 7
sduck wrote:
... The euro one works really well! Does what it's supposed to - holds a whole bunch of cables neatly.
Neato.

cool
sduck
VinceL wrote:
It looks to me like this hanger will hold 120 or so 1/4" cables. The recommendation is to use a microphone stand with it. I would be nervous about using a mic stand with this many cables.

I understand your trepidation! I will let folks know how it works out for me.
Thalassa
VinceL wrote:

Those hanging cables would be the perfect chew toys for my pet rabbits Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
josaka
not sure whats wrong with a bunch of nails into a bit of wood painted black..smile
cheap quick and unlimited. thumbs up It's peanut butter jelly time!
sduck
Yea, yea, I know, just thought I'd throw out a link to help a fellow wiggler out. Yes of course there are lots of other possible options. This is just the latest one. There have been numerous patch cord management threads in the past, if you don't like this solution find one of those.
Xero
Haters gonna hate. These things are sweet. Worked out nicely

josaka
some strange leaps on the internet.. suggestion = hater ..

seriously, i just don't get it
Flareless
I like these cut-out style hangers. I've got both Dotcom models mounted on a mash-up stand. A small cymbal arm mounted off the main stand allows me to mount the smaller cable holder and offers me a place to hang my longer cables...

The freaking thing is HEAVY when fully loaded!
Starspawn
Purchase and bend? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1U-19-Rack-Mount-Cables-Management-Bar-Data -Cabinet-Cable-Tidy-Rack-Network-New/401788417283?hash=item5d8c74b503: g:NlAAAOSwNWxaC90k
m0n0mania
Josaka, what gauge nails do you use?
josaka
decide what style you want and find the right things.. smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1