MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Huge Emu Modular - New Tool album?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Huge Emu Modular - New Tool album?
MindMachine
Found this somehow. Not sure whose studio this is, but damn. Patrick Gleeson eat your heart out.:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/01/maynard-james-keenan-tool-took- over-11-years-to-complete-the-tracks-to-write-the-lyrics-i-will-only-t ake-half-of-that/

authorless
That drummer guy has a lot of synths. That is his Emu, I believe.
MindMachine
Yes - you are correct. I read right past that reading another article on the same website. I understand that he does have quite a fetish for the good stuff.
JohnLRice
love SlayerBadger!
MindMachine
Eh... maybe it's wallpaper.
Dilibob
Danny Carey is awesome, kind of reminds me of semi modular neil peart mixed with mathematical/geometrical rhythms he can play physically or digitally. Also he knows the guts of things, has rebuilt some old modular systems (one of the few that actually uses old analog stuff even in major gigs).
Tumulishroomaroom
I saw them 11 years ago and saw them again last June and it was quite amazing. I think I hadn’t played one of their albums in maybe ten years and it all came back at me during the show, how much I used to love this band. Very excited for the new album now. Dany Carey is amazing, didn’t know he was also a modular guy !
Dilibob
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
I saw them 11 years ago and saw them again last June and it was quite amazing. I think I hadn’t played one of their albums in maybe ten years and it all came back at me during the show, how much I used to love this band. Very excited for the new album now. Dany Carey is amazing, didn’t know he was also a modular guy !
He has a book out on restoring modular systems. He's pretty fanatical on rare books, so I bet its high quality: http://dannycarey.com/shop/
JohnLRice
Dilibob wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
He has a book out on restoring modular systems. He's pretty fanatical on rare books, so I bet its high quality: http://dannycarey.com/shop/
thumbs up His coffee tablee synth book looks tempting. love
cornutt
Damn, if that isn't the biggest E-mu modular I've ever seen.
MindMachine
cornutt wrote:

Amen.

The Emu Voltage Controlled Clock always looked ideal. I was also always keen on the Potpourri. Of course nowadays there are quite a few similar modules available. But there was nothing like them for decades.
Faustgeist
Glad I noticed this thread - just purchased two of Danny's books. He and I have more in common than I expected. Cool!

~R
EPTC
cornutt wrote:

I believe the one at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago's Sound Dept is marginally larger, or identical. Still, rare creatures!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1