MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

which laser to buy?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author which laser to buy?
raimbo
Hi, I'm looking to buy a laser to pair with my eurorack and buchla systems.
I'm still undecided if get a lzx cyclops for the cv/ilda conversion or go diy.
I will use the laser in small gigs and in studio, do you think something like this could do the work?

ebay laser

here the specs:

Scan Speed: 20kpps Galvo Scan

Package Include

1. Laser light System × 1

2. Power cable ×1(DE PLUG)

3. User guide Manual ×1

Factory Specification

Voltage: AC110V-240V, 50HZ-60HZ, Fuse: 2A/250V

Rated Power: 30W

Laser:500mW RGB ILDA: Green 100mw+Red 300mw+Blue 100mw

Working Modes: Sound Active, AUTO-Beam, AUTO-Animation, DMX512 (12 CH),Master/Slave, PC Control(Computer control and compatible computer laser show software control of ILDA standard. ILDA signal conversion is full electronic signal to avoid the influence of non-contact of switch and to settle all defects of mechanical switch.)

Graphics & Effects: 256 beam show and animated graphics show patterns,and with the function of unique blanking, frequently flashing, rotating, movement, billowing, zoom(+/-), drawing, speed and color etc

Interface: 3 pins XLR jack for DMX or Maser-Slave linking,ILDA port

Product Size: 240*200*160(mm

Product Weight: 4.5Kg
Jefro
I don't know much about these lasers, but Techmoan did a review on some lower end color lasers, and to me, they seemed like they would not work well with a Cyclops. The laser he reviewed rounded off coreners pretty badly to the point where the images looked pretty aweful. It seemed to me at least that the lower end lasers are not ready yet.

That being said, based on the specs, I personally have no idea if what you posted is low or high-end.
raimbo
thanks for the reply Jefro, I'd search some videos of Techmoan, it does only generic laser review right? Did I miss a video where he use also eurorack and Cyclops?
I've see some pretty cool live on youtube where laser was used and from what I understand they didn't use high end one..

here an example with a Laserworld 1watt 20kpps projector:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dBMC53YT-w
Jefro
Yeah, it was just a generic review. I haven't seen any reviews regarding what lasers would be best with the cyclops. However, his video definately raised concerns in my mind about the accuracy of the lower end lasers. But, I think if you're just visualizing waveforms, and don't need tight corners, then a lower end laser is probably fine.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1