MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Alright, diy'ers - we NEED to talk about this!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Alright, diy'ers - we NEED to talk about this!
wetterberg
the Appendage. Ribbon controller from HELL!

currently a 13 page thread on electro-music:
http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28138&postorder=asc

- status, as of nov. 21st: PCBs have been designed, prototype boards ordered, PCBs and kits will go on sale... fuck yeah.

this has got me excited about human user interfaces again. Lightyears ahead of the Doepfer stuff, and you get a half-meter touchstrip for like 25 bucks... that's very good.
neandrewthal
fonik
i already ordered some softpots. the 500mm, 50mm and a circular as well (iPod style). the appendage circuit will be adjustable to these shorter sizes as well.
i am still pending: wether to install the 500mm strip above or below the keyboard controller i am going to build, or just a stand alone unit (could be more fun for the audience)...
Kwote
very fresh!! but horrible timing. i can't get anything DIY or otherwise til 2009. hopefully this'll be popular enough for a 2nd run.

the klee vid was my favorite. probably would be even more sick if the output was quantized. mmmm Drunken Homer Simpson quantizeddd.
Cat-A-Tonic
Quote:
probably would be even more sick if the output was quantized. mmmm quantizeddd.

If you want quantized just get a Doepfer R2M or use your MiniWave.

From the looks of it I cannot imagine a better gestural controller than the Appendage.
wetterberg
exactly, Cat-A-Tonic - It may just be the best gestural controller for a modular. Quantized? Don't you have a miniwave, Kwote? The cool bit about the Appendage iis that you can quantize the initial touch and then add the vibrato afterwards - that's pretty bad-ass.
sandyb
the HyperTrigger mode video makes me feel funny inside eek!
i may well buy about 17 kits!

sandy
Kwote
that's exactly why i brought it up. i have the scale quantizer ROM in my MW so i'm set. but like i said bad timing. prey for next year.
wetterberg
this latest one really shows what the hell is up with the "TFS output" - it's finally clear on the video what's going on: left finger is the pitch, right finger controls the modulation index, relative to the left finger. Brilliant, much more useful than a pressure output, although I still might put that in there...!
wetterberg

love
Cat-A-Tonic
So, you already have the PCB for the Appendage?!?!
scozbor
i think that's a prototype...

watching this one very closely love
wetterberg
these are the proto-boards - they've arrived - but not with me; sad panda.
Kwote
woah! that's a fat ass pcb!
tragedybysyntax
wow. so... I could build one of these and get a cv keyboard and not have to drop 2k on a french connection!

BTW.... who makes a nice cv keyboard for the modular?
wetterberg
Doepfer makes the ribbon controller trautonium manual thing, but it's nowhere near as full-featured as this.

Theirs is 200 euro total, I think.
Cat-A-Tonic
the Doepfer does get better if you add the Tellun mod.
http://www.tellun.com/motm/diy/tln854/TLN-854.html

I have the Doepfer + Tellun (unbuilt),
but I definitely want to get the Appendage too.
dbch
this is a really exciting project and i can't wait to build a couple of myself. as someone who spends more time with sequencers than real keyboards this looks the perfect interface for me. this is a really great time to be building your our gear.
david
wetterberg
dbch wrote:
this is a really exciting project and i can't wait to build a couple of myself. as someone who spends more time with sequencers than real keyboards this looks the perfect interface for me. this is a really great time to be building your our gear.
david
I'm right there with you - the modular market is blowing up, and it's a good thing to see the diy thing keep up!

First the Klee, now the Appendage, and soon...? something else! Add to that the CGS PCBS, bridechamber, Elby Design, MFOS, and so on, and so on SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1