MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Behringer K-20 eurofied MS-20
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Behringer K-20 eurofied MS-20
paperCUT
Couldn't find a thread for this although it's leak was a few months ago. Apparently in production.

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/04/behringer-k-20-synthesizer-announc ed.html

Blingley
Well, okay I guess. Seems like a bit of a weird synth to go after. Behringer is apparently trying to sell this at 299€ and you can get a new, unused MS mini for $400 on Amazon. Complete with a keybed.

I suppose there ought to be at least one person out there that's going to use the 16-polychain. Apparently it's eurorack compatible, which is probably more of a draw for more people. Still, eh.

Doesn't even seem worth selling the soul to b-devil for. seriously, i just don't get it
tim gueguen
It may sell better in some markets than others depending on what an MS20 sells for. In Canada Moog Audio and Long & McQuade want $649.99 Canadian for one. I'll take a wildass guess and assume the K2 will sell at the same price as the Model D and Neutron do, which is $549.99 Canadian.
Annwn
Would have been nice if they at least added some features of the MS-20m to make it a bit more tempting. PWM, FM, Sync etc.
Shledge
There isn't even any demos of it out there, or hyped anywhere, yet it's coming out now? hmmm.....

I wonder if it will sound similar to the real deal. I also wonder if they made it 1v/oct and have common mods included like PWM.
tioJim
Do you know what? I’m happy about this. Do you know why?

Because I haven’t had to put up with months of hype.

“Hey, Behringer made an MS20 clone. It’ll fit in a Eurorack enclosure.”

“Great, looks good.”

“Shipping soon.”

“Good stuff. I’ll get on with my life now.”
Man-In-A-Suitcase
Weird, that this is coming out before the Pro-1 and the Crave. What's up with delay for them. Well we know that the Pro-1 is a copy and that the Crave is a copy of the Mother-32.
Shledge
Crave isn't really a Mother 32 clone.
lud
Seems completely pointless and looks like shit hmmm.....
Shledge
lud wrote:
Seems completely pointless and looks like shit hmmm.....

Just like life innit
VanEck
if it has some of the features of the ms20m, but is cheaper and easily inegrated into my euro rig, i am sold for sure. but if it's the same feature set of a ms20mini, i won't be all that interested. the biggest tipping point will be the sound though... if the nail the filter or not.
iSapien1956672
I never heard of it until I looked on Matrixsynth today, now just looking for a place in the states that has one for me to buy.
The post said only 2000 were shipping.
Limited Edition?
From what I understand and read is that there is no difference between this and the vintage aside from the MIDI addition.
I'm happy with that.
I don't need a keybed, and I'm just viewing it as an MS20 eurorack module for $300
woah thumbs up w00t
dumbledog
Rather wish the could have remedied some of the 20's shortcomings rather than a straight clone, at least in terms of features. Yeah I take it it's V/Oct and V-trig now, but PWM, osc sync and a positive output for the envelope would have been nice.
sutekina bipu-on
ah hell yeah, this should be nice, i am actually very interested in this one since attenuating euro to match up with a ms20 is a bitch and i personally think every iteration of the ms20 has been hideous, except the OG.

I sure would hope and also expect Behringer comes up with at least one way to have it stand apart from the ms20 mini.
CF3
I'm loving this.

I don't need, nor want any more keyboards. Really like the form factor.

w00t
Henfield
Shame on Korg for not beating Brand B to the market on this one! I have wanted a Euro version of this synth, and would be willing to buy this, especially if it is setup for 1 V/Oct!
anselmi
looks like the filter section have a switch to select the filter revision
but the patch panel seems to be simpler...I expected it lacks the wheel and button jacks but instead have PWM in and oscillators´out
coolshirtdotjpg
at first I was annoyed (especially as I think there are plenty of Unavailable things to clone), but... I mean, come on Korg, you could make a euro version that tracks V/O by now? So actually I’m into it and will probably buy it, used for like 200 dollars. Love my neutron and model d.
evilspock
Sounds like we're going to need more than 2000 units Uli, stoke the coal in the fire please.

Once again, Behringer stepping in to give the common analog synth user what they want, an affordable keyboard-less compact module version of a classic synth.

You really dropped the ball on the unobtanium MS-20M, Korg...SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.
dubnspace
unfortunately they confirmed it's Hz/V..
anselmi
dubnspace wrote:
unfortunately they confirmed it's Hz/V..

sad banana Dead Banana
Bobby
Came here cos someone told me it's polyphonic. Dreamt for a minute it was like a p3300. It ain't. I'm leaving.
Panason
Blingley wrote:
Well, okay I guess. Seems like a bit of a weird synth to go after. Behringer is apparently trying to sell this at 299€ and you can get a new, unused MS mini for $400 on Amazon. Complete with a keybed.
:

Yes but the Korg's build quality is insultingly garbage. GARBAGE! Rockin' Banana!
coolshirtdotjpg
Panason wrote:
Blingley wrote:
:

Yes but the Korg's build quality is insultingly garbage. GARBAGE! Rockin' Banana!

Nonsense, model D, Neutron and VC 340 are all built like tanks.
cscairney
Awesome, might consider this... I like the poly chain posibility
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4