MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cool sequencer coming from Dove Audio!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Cool sequencer coming from Dove Audio!!
Faustgeist
Great looking, Paula!

I am certainly watching this and hope to add one to my set up when they are ready. SlayerBadger!

~Robin
Synth Con Meo
I Don't want this!!!!!
I Don't want this!!!!!
I Don't want this!!!!!
I Don't want this!!!!!
I Don't want this!!!!!
I Don't want this!!!!!

Damn it, I want this. d'oh!
Qwave
I would order it for sure asap.
PaulaM
Update video here - https://youtu.be/6LZLICS9soo
Bowman
Any ETA on it’s release? I need to save up!
PaulaM
Bowman wrote:
Any ETA on it’s release? I need to save up!

Thanks, likely to be January/February by the time everything has been finished code wise and boards are in production.

Paula
josaka
are you adding other features..?
sbuge
This is going to be so great sequencer!

One idea what you could add is two different kind of random features:
-True random where the next step can be anything (this is what you have now) Like in "probability card problems - with replacement".
Example (steps): 1,5,7,3,2,1,1,8,7,5,5,6,3,6,8,1,2,1,2,3,7,5, ... ...

AND random mode2: where each step will have to activate before "going to the next round".
Like in "probability card problems - without replacement"
Example (steps): 1,5,4,2,6,7,8,3,
... ...

This could be fun??
josaka
thing I always miss is a random seq hold.. so you can hold/store the random pattern..
also a brownling seq direction..
PaulaM
Some interesting ideas, thanks. I'll look at adding them.

One thing I'd like to implement is a kind of "shuffle", so the notes in the sequence are re-arranged once (when you push the button), and then you can save it. Sounds a lot like that mode.
hamildad
sbuge wrote:

-True random where the next step can be anything (this is what you have now) Like in "probability card problems - with replacement".

You mean when you have your ipod on shuffle and you never know when a song is going to repeat

sbuge wrote:

AND random mode2: where each step will have to activate before "going to the next round".
... ...

you mean when you put a CD on shuffle and it plays the album in a weird tracklist?
sbuge
hamildad wrote:
sbuge wrote:

You mean when you have your ipod on shuffle and you never know when a song is going to repeat

sbuge wrote:

... ...

you mean when you put a CD on shuffle and it plays the album in a weird tracklist?

yep
sbuge
PaulaM wrote:
Some interesting ideas, thanks. I'll look at adding them.

One thing I'd like to implement is a kind of "shuffle", so the notes in the sequence are re-arranged once (when you push the button), and then you can save it. Sounds a lot like that mode.

This save mode sounds really fun.. a bit like ACrls, but with this Dove sequencer I could tweak the output voltages however I like... cool idea!

&Brownian motion that josaka suggested is really nice. I use it all the time with my Ornament and Crime when I am doing high pitched melodies to songs.. It is really nice feature.
Mirolab
Could someone please explain "brownling seq direction".
I've not heard the term before, and MW Search and Google turn up nothing..…………...
sbuge
Lets have basic 4 step sequence 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,...
And if we change it as a brownian motion sequence what happens is that after each step "you flip a coin" and the coin decides the direction: forward ( to the next step ) or backward ( to the previous step ). Result can be something like this: 1,2,1,2,1,4,3,2,3,2,3,4,1,2,1,4,3,2,1,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,2,3,2,3,4,...

&Here is a simple video that explains this motion:
https://youtu.be/yRNQgpa1JEo?t=460
josaka
found this from the GRP
N,N+1,N: e.g. 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 4, 3, …
N,N,N+1,N: 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 3, 2, 3, 3, 4, …

so.. rocking with slight alterations..

here @1:23

here @2:26
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2