MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ATN8 hot as balls
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Antumbra  
Author ATN8 hot as balls
rithma
Does the ATN8 normally produce a lot of heat? Mine is mostly working (one channel is distorted) but this little thing gets HOT HOT HOT. I noticed it does pull a lot of power, so maybe normal for that many op amps to heat up.

Anybody else notice this?
Dead Banana This is fun!
toneburst
Haven't built mine yet, so can't confirm it runs hot, too, but sounds to me like yours might have a short somewhere.
itchaboo
I finished mine this weekend, it is a presoldered smd kit by pusherman.
I have an issue with channel number 3 that I'm trying to troubleshoot. It does not distort but the output voltage only goes up to +8.8v, but down to -10v as expected. Also the led on channel 3 flips from green to bright red once I go past 1.1v output voltage but it goes from brigt red to dark (-10v to 0v) just fine.
It gets fairly warm, I measured ~50°C for each of the ICs (came with LME49743) which should be fine.
toneburst
I’ve build one of my pair of ANT8s, and mine does get pretty hot, too.
It appears to be working ok, so I guess this is expected behaviour.

I’m using the standard TL072 op-amps.
toneburst
itchaboo wrote:
I finished mine this weekend, it is a presoldered smd kit by pusherman.
I have an issue with channel number 3 that I'm trying to troubleshoot. It does not distort but the output voltage only goes up to +8.8v, but down to -10v as expected. Also the led on channel 3 flips from green to bright red once I go past 1.1v output voltage but it goes from brigt red to dark (-10v to 0v) just fine.
It gets fairly warm, I measured ~50°C for each of the ICs (came with LME49743) which should be fine.

I'd double-check resistor values for that channel. It sounds like you have a voltage offset.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Antumbra  
Page 1 of 1