MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hiroaki Nishijima joins Behringer!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Hiroaki Nishijima joins Behringer!
oscilloscope
dkcg wrote:
Innovation and Behringer in the same sentence??

Finding new ways to steal old designs, literally.

Another Behringer hater fapping with insults, accusations, and taunts.

SlayerBadger!
oscilloscope
feedbackl00p wrote:
]

Uli just buys what he wants. He either buys you out or forces you to settle out of court because he can outspend you.

Do you know Uli personally ? Have you conversed with him ? Do you have privy information from his legal counsel ? Were you present at their strategic planning meetings ?

I don't own anything Behringer, but this type of post gets as tiring as dog shit in Paris streets.
oscilloscope
naos wrote:
Behringer clones are fugly objects with always the right amount of hideous graphic design, wrong fonts and plastic cv jacks to remind you that you got what you paid for.

Maybe you should see your ophthalmologist and get a prescription for new glasses. (Or your psy for a bottle of "chill out", extended release pills)

Man-In-A-Suitcase
feedbackl00p wrote:
Their entry in Euro is going to be catastrophic for innovative small vendors. Theres no point in them even trying while B is copying currently available products that they can sell for cheaper.

I hope Uli goes for 5U/MU market as well. And delivers a cheaper alternative to the sky high prices of 5U modular/systems.

Just imagine having a IIIP type system for less than 1k. Or a VCS3/Synthi-A for £500.
nectarios
Man-In-A-Suitcase wrote:
feedbackl00p wrote:
Their entry in Euro is going to be catastrophic for innovative small vendors. Theres no point in them even trying while B is copying currently available products that they can sell for cheaper.

I hope Uli goes for 5U/MU market as well. And delivers a cheaper alternative to the sky high prices of 5U modular/systems.

Just imagine having a IIIP type system for less than 1k. Or a VCS3/Synthi-A for £500.

This.
I could easily add a 5U rig if they collab with Mos-Lab.
naos
oscilloscope wrote:
naos wrote:
Behringer clones are fugly objects with always the right amount of hideous graphic design, wrong fonts and plastic cv jacks to remind you that you got what you paid for.

Maybe you should see your ophthalmologist and get a prescription for new glasses. (Or your psy for a bottle of "chill out", extended release pills)

I'm pretty sure they actually believe to be improving on the designs they rip off.
Man-In-A-Suitcase
naos wrote:

I'm pretty sure they actually believe to be improving on the designs they rip off.

Maybe Behringer could clone you and make some improvements to your negative outlook side.
naos
Man-In-A-Suitcase wrote:
naos wrote:

Maybe Behringer could clone you and make some improvements to your negative outlook side.

B worshippers are as strange as B haters - I picked the 3rd position : buy the stuff and criticize it - benefits of both worlds.
chiasticon
feedbackl00p wrote:
Its also fascinating the amount of random pro B posts that appear from new users on social media.

who needs social media bots when labor's dirt cheap?
feedbackl00p
oscilloscope wrote:
feedbackl00p wrote:
]

Uli just buys what he wants. He either buys you out or forces you to settle out of court because he can outspend you.

Do you know Uli personally ? Have you conversed with him ? Do you have privy information from his legal counsel ? Were you present at their strategic planning meetings ?

I don't own anything Behringer, but this type of post gets as tiring as dog shit in Paris streets.

Why are you attempting to derail the topic of their legal behaviour to wether I know him personally? It seems disengenous.

Ive read the evidence of their decades of legal bullying and plagiarism. Youre free to do the same.

I actually do own a few B products. Thats also irrelevant to discussing their corporate behaviour.
Nightly Closures
I thought the topic was Nishijima joining Behringer. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
dkcg
oscilloscope wrote:
dkcg wrote:

SlayerBadger!

Another Uli fanboy who worships Behringer enough to rabidly defend the company online with an air of piousness neglecting to think about the ethics of Behringer.
dubonaire
bitflip wrote:
If this does not make B good with purists, the purists are merely doing as the realistics said they would.

Quote:
Behringer announced today that Hiroaki Nishijima, synthesizer icon and inventor of the famous Korg MS-20 Synthesizer, will lead Behringer’s new high-tech innovation center in its Tokyo headquarter.

Behringer’s vision is to build a large research and development center and invite many talented Japanese engineers to focus on flagship synthesizers, samplers and other innovative product designs.
About Hiroaki Nishijima

“Ever since I was a child, I was always excited to disassemble toys and explore how they work. My father and grandfather helped nurture that side of me by teaching me electronics and how to solder while attending third year of elementary school.

During that time, I got into music. I started playing with my brother’s classical guitar and eventually got lessons from an actual classical guitar teacher. I continued to play and improve until I noticed I was becoming better at it than my brother.
Hiroaki Nishijima with Uli Behringer

As my skills grew more diverse, so did my taste in music. Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Genesis, ELP and I Pooh became my inspirations. In junior high school, I bought an electric guitar and formed a band. That’s when I saw a synthesizer for the first time. It was amazing and I wanted one for myself, but it was just too expensive for a student like me.

When I entered university, I studied electronic engineering and played in a band. While that was going on, I’d also repair my friends’ amps and would design effects on the side. After graduation, I joined Korg to develop synthesizers like the MS-20 series, Sigma, KES and PME-40X series, Z3 and even Korg’scomponent modeling technology.

Over the past few years I have watched Behringer deliver high-quality synthesizers and pursue a very strong mission to deliver impressive instruments to musicians around the world. I reached out to Uli Behringer because I wanted to be part of his mission and help Behringer design world-class musical instruments. This is my dream, too.

These days, it’s difficult for current Japanese companies to create the types of synths that I used to develop. This is why I joined Behringer because my ambition to create professional analog synthesizers coincides with Uli Behringer’s love of musical instruments and with that I’m very excited to see what we can dream up.

I am currently looking for experienced embedded software leaders and engineers for our new Japanese Innovation center in Tokyo. Please can contact us at yuka.ishigami@musictribe.com.”

'Nuff said.

Man, this is a commercial press release. It could be true, but it doesn't actually mean anything or prove anything. There is a good chance it was even written for them by Behringer's media department. I've had press releases written for me and I've drafted them for others. Imbuing someone who none of us really know, except that he designed synths a long time ago, as having some kind of intrinsic value-laden stamp of approval is naive, and so is believing a press release.

It's not that much different to Tom Ford being signed to design Gucci.
OIP
i enjoy how they ripped off the minilogue buttons for the MS101. just another layer of hilarity
Panason
Quote:

Man, this is a commercial press release. It could be true, but it doesn't actually mean anything or prove anything. There is a good chance it was even written for them by Behringer's media department

More than a good chance, I'd say!

Behringer have a full-on campaign to re-do the brand image going on.

Seems that Uli's set on taking over from Korg and Roland by out-pricing them... and that's fair game as far as I'm concerned because nothing really interesting has come out of Japan in the synthesizer/ drum machine scene for a long time.

Perhaps if Yamaha can muscle in with some new products.... People are asking for a re-make of the RS-7000 with modern spec... but Japan seems to be focusing elsewhere. Also, it seems the Japanese economy is in dire straits and innovation (i.e. risk) is limited to dirt cheap stuff like Volcas..
lud
They should go after that Tats guy from korg instead. Probably already tried!
Panason

COME TO DADDY twisted
peripatitis
I thought that they only hired lawyers on their innovation center smile
bitflip
dubonaire wrote:

Man, this is a commercial press release. It could be true, but it doesn't actually mean anything or prove anything. There is a good chance it was even written for them by Behringer's media department. I've had press releases written for me and I've drafted them for others. Imbuing someone who none of us really know, except that he designed synths a long time ago, as having some kind of intrinsic value-laden stamp of approval is naive, and so is believing a press release.

I do appreciate your point, however i don't see the pr as completely devoid of meaning. In all the engineering disciplines i'm familiar with, the top people tend to circulate amongst the top companies in competition, and press releases similar to this are made when historically influential company people change brands. IMO this is just a sign that the guy is changing brands to the one that more closely aligns with his desires, and i hope it turns out to be fruitful.

Tom Ford is similar, except that he's got his own brand, is worth $500M, and is a household name apparently, whereas Nishijima is just a regular dude.
Sanys
I can't figure out why would someone expect innovation from B.
I can expect innovation coming from Sequential. I can expect innovation coming from Rossum. I can expect innovation coming from Waldorf etc Why? Because they prove to do so over the years and this is their path.

Does B make anything innovative? NO! Have they ever? NO! When will they do? Why would U expect that? seriously, i just don't get it
U are free to dream they will build the synth of your dreams next month at $300. Long story short they won't in the near future.

It's not hate, its plain logic. Innovation is not copying old schematics. Why u are such a fan-boi?
1-Probably because u are easily manipulated by dodgy "news". Dodgy news is all we have besides few synths (that were innovative more than 30 years ago) that were already more or less presented on the market.
2-u got paid to act this way
starthief
Sanys wrote:
It's not hate, its plain logic. Innovation is not copying old schematics. Why u are such a fan-boi?
1-Probably because u are easily manipulated by dodgy "news". Dodgy news is all we have besides few synths (that were innovative more than 30 years ago) that were already more or less presented on the market.
2-u got paid to act this way

Calling people "fan-boi", "easily manipulated" or claiming that they are paid to express their opinions is not logic either.

Yes, Behringer releases a lot of clones.

But look at the Neutron -- ugly, but they invented a new filter design for it, and used the 3340 VCO in ways that other synths didn't.

The DeepMind does have a lot of "classic designs" built in, but overall it's not a clone. And I think it might be the first synth with WiFi parameter control?
dubonaire
bitflip wrote:
dubonaire wrote:

I do appreciate your point, however i don't see the pr as completely devoid of meaning. In all the engineering disciplines i'm familiar with, the top people tend to circulate amongst the top companies in competition, and press releases similar to this are made when historically influential company people change brands. IMO this is just a sign that the guy is changing brands to the one that more closely aligns with his desires, and i hope it turns out to be fruitful.

Tom Ford is similar, except that he's got his own brand, is worth $500M, and is a household name apparently, whereas Nishijima is just a regular dude.

My point is I don't think a press release about someone successfully seeking employment with a large manufacturer infers anything more than that simple fact. Industry leaders may change companies for value reasons, but usually they change companies because they are offered more money, or if it suits their long term career aspirations. We can't know the motivation from a press release. We can't be sure if it is true he approached Behringer first. It seems that Behringer is where the money is right now, if its public ambulance-chasing of Native Instruments employees is to be believed. (BTW unemployed people are in weak bargaining positions when it comes to employment contracts.) You know this could even be a strategy to manage investors, I would be really surprised if Behringer was doing all this expansion only using equity because that is not how 99% of companies do business.
Peake
oscilloscope wrote:
dkcg wrote:

SlayerBadger!

Fuck Behringer.
Muzone
.....and another engineer/designer joins the Behringer talent pool

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/09/behringer-gligli-announced-collabo ration-to-develop-analog-synths.html
digitalganesha
Peake wrote:
oscilloscope wrote:
dkcg wrote:

SlayerBadger!

Fuck Behringer.

If they make a Matrix 12 that I can buy for less than $12,000...... I will.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2