MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hiroaki Nishijima joins Behringer!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Hiroaki Nishijima joins Behringer!
Bogus


mirroring a post I saw on reddit ;- )
Fallen_lassen
That picture looks photoshopped fake news. smile flat earth! zombie
Panason
Behringer is gonna do high-tech innovation, guys. Just watch them amaze us with an analog groovebox with full digital control and MIDI 2.0 spec. I'm sure of it! SOMA will be worried.
dkcg
Innovation and Behringer in the same sentence??

Finding new ways to steal old designs, literally.
Kent
It won’t last. They never do.
Knights Who Say Neve
Fallen_lassen wrote:
That picture looks photoshopped fake news. smile flat earth! zombie


Yes, I'm sure everything that disagrees with your prejudices is fake news.

Don't give stuff a chance. It's more fun to hate.
sutekina bipu-on
Super cool! Good stuff tends to happen when Behringer convinces someone smart to show up.

I gotta wonder though if this is their way of giving up on reverse engineering the MS20 for their clone of it lol lol lol
bitflip
Some will be surprised and upset by this. hihi
Bogus
I think its utterly ridiculous to naysay when the literal inventor of one of the most influential synthesizers is getting in the car with Uli. Clearly something has changed.
thetwlo
he's a SPY!!!
thetwlo
sutekina bipu-on wrote:
Super cool! Good stuff tends to happen when Behringer convinces someone smart to show up.

I gotta wonder though if this is their way of giving up on reverse engineering the MS20 for their clone of it lol lol lol


it's been done over and over again. they have some of the best engineers in the field, from acquisitions. ...but Uli wants clones, they are easy to sell, they have a reputation--little advertising needed. +There's a built-in demand. Creating something new is risky, why do that? There is likely little reward if it's a success, but a huge potential loss, if it fails.
Just an observation.
bitflip
If this does not make B good with purists, the purists are merely doing as the realistics said they would.

Quote:
Behringer announced today that Hiroaki Nishijima, synthesizer icon and inventor of the famous Korg MS-20 Synthesizer, will lead Behringer’s new high-tech innovation center in its Tokyo headquarter.

Behringer’s vision is to build a large research and development center and invite many talented Japanese engineers to focus on flagship synthesizers, samplers and other innovative product designs.
About Hiroaki Nishijima

“Ever since I was a child, I was always excited to disassemble toys and explore how they work. My father and grandfather helped nurture that side of me by teaching me electronics and how to solder while attending third year of elementary school.

During that time, I got into music. I started playing with my brother’s classical guitar and eventually got lessons from an actual classical guitar teacher. I continued to play and improve until I noticed I was becoming better at it than my brother.
Hiroaki Nishijima with Uli Behringer

As my skills grew more diverse, so did my taste in music. Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Genesis, ELP and I Pooh became my inspirations. In junior high school, I bought an electric guitar and formed a band. That’s when I saw a synthesizer for the first time. It was amazing and I wanted one for myself, but it was just too expensive for a student like me.

When I entered university, I studied electronic engineering and played in a band. While that was going on, I’d also repair my friends’ amps and would design effects on the side. After graduation, I joined Korg to develop synthesizers like the MS-20 series, Sigma, KES and PME-40X series, Z3 and even Korg’scomponent modeling technology.

Over the past few years I have watched Behringer deliver high-quality synthesizers and pursue a very strong mission to deliver impressive instruments to musicians around the world. I reached out to Uli Behringer because I wanted to be part of his mission and help Behringer design world-class musical instruments. This is my dream, too.

These days, it’s difficult for current Japanese companies to create the types of synths that I used to develop. This is why I joined Behringer because my ambition to create professional analog synthesizers coincides with Uli Behringer’s love of musical instruments and with that I’m very excited to see what we can dream up.

I am currently looking for experienced embedded software leaders and engineers for our new Japanese Innovation center in Tokyo. Please can contact us at yuka.ishigami@musictribe.com.”


'Nuff said.
feedbackl00p
Bogus wrote:
I think its utterly ridiculous to naysay when the literal inventor of one of the most influential synthesizers is getting in the car with Uli. Clearly something has changed.


Uli just buys what he wants. He either buys you out or forces you to settle out of court because he can outspend you.

Their entry in Euro is going to be catastrophic for innovative small vendors. Theres no point in them even trying while B is copying currently available products that they can sell for cheaper. I guarantee they are going to sell MI clones, they wont be able to help themselves. I mean they are selling direct copies of several currently available products right now.

Its also fascinating the amount of random pro B posts that appear from new users on social media. They are always antagonistic too, painting anyone that complains as "synth collectors that are upset their investments are going downhill", even though im not sure this strawman has ever existed in reality.
sutekina bipu-on
feedbackl00p wrote:
Bogus wrote:
I think its utterly ridiculous to naysay when the literal inventor of one of the most influential synthesizers is getting in the car with Uli. Clearly something has changed.


Uli just buys what he wants. He either buys you out or forces you to settle out of court because he can outspend you.

Their entry in Euro is going to be catastrophic for innovative small vendors. Theres no point in them even trying while B is copying currently available products that they can sell for cheaper. I guarantee they are going to sell MI clones, they wont be able to help themselves. I mean they are selling direct copies of several currently available products right now.

Its also fascinating the amount of random pro B posts that appear from new users on social media. They are always antagonistic too, painting anyone that complains as "synth collectors that are upset their investments are going downhill", even though im not sure this strawman has ever existed in reality.


Every time this discussion happens here or GS it always ends with people mostly agreeing that small module makers are safe and even a slew of cheap utilities and basic modules from Behringer isn't going to put anyone under.

There are tons of posts all over the internet of people who spent 1000's on rare vintage synths to be able to say "I have this thing" and they were all furious when Roland released the boutiques or anything else like that. Go on google and look and see how much SH-101's used to go for 5 or so years ago ($2k+) now you can get a real one for under 1500 and there are like 50 on Reverb.
Sir Ruff
bitflip wrote:
If this does not make B good with purists, the purists are merely doing as the realistics said they would.

Quote:
Behringer announced today that Hiroaki Nishijima, synthesizer icon and inventor of the famous Korg MS-20 Synthesizer, will lead Behringer’s new high-tech innovation center in its Tokyo headquarter.

Behringer’s vision is to build a large research and development center and invite many talented Japanese engineers to focus on flagship synthesizers, samplers and other innovative product designs.
About Hiroaki Nishijima

“Ever since I was a child, I was always excited to disassemble toys and explore how they work. My father and grandfather helped nurture that side of me by teaching me electronics and how to solder while attending third year of elementary school.

During that time, I got into music. I started playing with my brother’s classical guitar and eventually got lessons from an actual classical guitar teacher. I continued to play and improve until I noticed I was becoming better at it than my brother.
Hiroaki Nishijima with Uli Behringer

As my skills grew more diverse, so did my taste in music. Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Genesis, ELP and I Pooh became my inspirations. In junior high school, I bought an electric guitar and formed a band. That’s when I saw a synthesizer for the first time. It was amazing and I wanted one for myself, but it was just too expensive for a student like me.

When I entered university, I studied electronic engineering and played in a band. While that was going on, I’d also repair my friends’ amps and would design effects on the side. After graduation, I joined Korg to develop synthesizers like the MS-20 series, Sigma, KES and PME-40X series, Z3 and even Korg’scomponent modeling technology.

Over the past few years I have watched Behringer deliver high-quality synthesizers and pursue a very strong mission to deliver impressive instruments to musicians around the world. I reached out to Uli Behringer because I wanted to be part of his mission and help Behringer design world-class musical instruments. This is my dream, too.

These days, it’s difficult for current Japanese companies to create the types of synths that I used to develop. This is why I joined Behringer because my ambition to create professional analog synthesizers coincides with Uli Behringer’s love of musical instruments and with that I’m very excited to see what we can dream up.

I am currently looking for experienced embedded software leaders and engineers for our new Japanese Innovation center in Tokyo. Please can contact us at yuka.ishigami@musictribe.com.”


'Nuff said.


Except that that there is zero product mention here. Not even an inkling of what they will make. So what is there to get excited about? And why should this change anyone’s opinion of B while they are literally pulling the rug out under Korg with their straight to market (no drip feed hype on this one) MS-20? Obviously didn’t want Korg to catch wind first.
dumbledog
you'd think the dude could retire by now, cripes
beedogs
sutekina bipu-on wrote:

There are tons of posts all over the internet of people who spent 1000's on rare vintage synths to be able to say "I have this thing" and they were all furious when Roland released the boutiques or anything else like that. Go on google and look and see how much SH-101's used to go for 5 or so years ago ($2k+) now you can get a real one for under 1500 and there are like 50 on Reverb.


The SH-101 was never selling for $2k+. And its price has been increasing since 2015. And the Boutiques were released in 2017, go ahead and search the archives here for even a single complaint about their effect on the price of vintage gear. No one cared.

I mean, if you're gonna just make shit up, at least make sure it isn't easily disproven.


feedbackl00p
"Every time this discussion happens here or GS it always ends with people mostly agreeing that small module makers are safe and even a slew of cheap utilities and basic modules from Behringer isn't going to put anyone under."

Im not talking about that. Simple utility designs are legion and mostly unattributable.

Im talking about smaller innovative shops. This has to have a chilling effect on those vendors spending lots of R&D time innovating new modules.

I mean, what in Behringers history suggests they wont hoover up any designs they can get away with?
tioJim
bitflip wrote:
Some will be surprised and upset by this. hihi


pillow fights

pistols at dawn

gauntlets thrown down

etc

You know, Uli really could have done himself a favour and put all the synth stuff under a subsidiary brand ... but he's just not that kind of guy smile
Fallen_lassen
Knights Who Say Neve wrote:
Fallen_lassen wrote:
That picture looks photoshopped fake news. smile flat earth! zombie


Yes, I'm sure everything that disagrees with your prejudices is fake news.

Don't give stuff a chance. It's more fun to hate.


Sorry forgot the Miley Cyrus

But it should be obvious. very frustrating
Keep on hating if that is your thing ,but don’t say i am seriously, i just don't get it
Ever heard of sarcasm?
Panason
That's not the real Uli, it's the clone that also posts on Gearslutz.
naos
Behringer clones are fugly objects with always the right amount of hideous graphic design, wrong fonts and plastic cv jacks to remind you that you got what you paid for. It's not revolutionizing capitalism nor stealing much from real brands. Designing stuff in very good taste, now that would be the real dangerous move.
Panason
Oh, it's Austin Osman Spare! cool

I think the Crave's design is pretty nice, while the Neutron's is a crime against good taste and UI principles.
nectarios
Cool.
Not holding my breath for the new stuff obviously, but good to know there will be more of it in the future and bringing people like the MS-20 inventor, seems interesting.

I still don't know what the fuss is about. If you are worried about Behringer putting smaller/boutique companies down, just look at what happened in the pedal market.
Yes its thriving with lots of boutique companies making and selling expensive pedals that people still choose over the cheap stuff.
dubonaire
Bogus wrote:
I think its utterly ridiculous to naysay when the literal inventor of one of the most influential synthesizers is getting in the car with Uli. Clearly something has changed.


LOL. What has changed is Hiroaki Nishijima's income.

Shame the metaphoric inventor didn't get a look in.
oscilloscope
dkcg wrote:
Innovation and Behringer in the same sentence??

Finding new ways to steal old designs, literally.



Another Behringer hater fapping with insults, accusations, and taunts.

SlayerBadger!
oscilloscope
feedbackl00p wrote:
]

Uli just buys what he wants. He either buys you out or forces you to settle out of court because he can outspend you.

Do you know Uli personally ? Have you conversed with him ? Do you have privy information from his legal counsel ? Were you present at their strategic planning meetings ?

I don't own anything Behringer, but this type of post gets as tiring as dog shit in Paris streets.
oscilloscope
naos wrote:
Behringer clones are fugly objects with always the right amount of hideous graphic design, wrong fonts and plastic cv jacks to remind you that you got what you paid for.


Maybe you should see your ophthalmologist and get a prescription for new glasses. (Or your psy for a bottle of "chill out", extended release pills)


Man-In-A-Suitcase
feedbackl00p wrote:
Their entry in Euro is going to be catastrophic for innovative small vendors. Theres no point in them even trying while B is copying currently available products that they can sell for cheaper.

I hope Uli goes for 5U/MU market as well. And delivers a cheaper alternative to the sky high prices of 5U modular/systems.

Just imagine having a IIIP type system for less than 1k. Or a VCS3/Synthi-A for £500.
nectarios
Man-In-A-Suitcase wrote:
feedbackl00p wrote:
Their entry in Euro is going to be catastrophic for innovative small vendors. Theres no point in them even trying while B is copying currently available products that they can sell for cheaper.

I hope Uli goes for 5U/MU market as well. And delivers a cheaper alternative to the sky high prices of 5U modular/systems.

Just imagine having a IIIP type system for less than 1k. Or a VCS3/Synthi-A for £500.


This.
I could easily add a 5U rig if they collab with Mos-Lab.
naos
oscilloscope wrote:
naos wrote:
Behringer clones are fugly objects with always the right amount of hideous graphic design, wrong fonts and plastic cv jacks to remind you that you got what you paid for.


Maybe you should see your ophthalmologist and get a prescription for new glasses. (Or your psy for a bottle of "chill out", extended release pills)




I'm pretty sure they actually believe to be improving on the designs they rip off.
Man-In-A-Suitcase
naos wrote:

I'm pretty sure they actually believe to be improving on the designs they rip off.

Maybe Behringer could clone you and make some improvements to your negative outlook side.
naos
Man-In-A-Suitcase wrote:
naos wrote:

I'm pretty sure they actually believe to be improving on the designs they rip off.

Maybe Behringer could clone you and make some improvements to your negative outlook side.

B worshippers are as strange as B haters - I picked the 3rd position : buy the stuff and criticize it - benefits of both worlds.
chiasticon
feedbackl00p wrote:
Its also fascinating the amount of random pro B posts that appear from new users on social media.

who needs social media bots when labor's dirt cheap?
feedbackl00p
oscilloscope wrote:
feedbackl00p wrote:
]

Uli just buys what he wants. He either buys you out or forces you to settle out of court because he can outspend you.

Do you know Uli personally ? Have you conversed with him ? Do you have privy information from his legal counsel ? Were you present at their strategic planning meetings ?

I don't own anything Behringer, but this type of post gets as tiring as dog shit in Paris streets.


Why are you attempting to derail the topic of their legal behaviour to wether I know him personally? It seems disengenous.

Ive read the evidence of their decades of legal bullying and plagiarism. Youre free to do the same.

I actually do own a few B products. Thats also irrelevant to discussing their corporate behaviour.
Nightly Closures
I thought the topic was Nishijima joining Behringer. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
dkcg
oscilloscope wrote:
dkcg wrote:
Innovation and Behringer in the same sentence??

Finding new ways to steal old designs, literally.



Another Behringer hater fapping with insults, accusations, and taunts.

SlayerBadger!


Another Uli fanboy who worships Behringer enough to rabidly defend the company online with an air of piousness neglecting to think about the ethics of Behringer.
dubonaire
bitflip wrote:
If this does not make B good with purists, the purists are merely doing as the realistics said they would.

Quote:
Behringer announced today that Hiroaki Nishijima, synthesizer icon and inventor of the famous Korg MS-20 Synthesizer, will lead Behringer’s new high-tech innovation center in its Tokyo headquarter.

Behringer’s vision is to build a large research and development center and invite many talented Japanese engineers to focus on flagship synthesizers, samplers and other innovative product designs.
About Hiroaki Nishijima

“Ever since I was a child, I was always excited to disassemble toys and explore how they work. My father and grandfather helped nurture that side of me by teaching me electronics and how to solder while attending third year of elementary school.

During that time, I got into music. I started playing with my brother’s classical guitar and eventually got lessons from an actual classical guitar teacher. I continued to play and improve until I noticed I was becoming better at it than my brother.
Hiroaki Nishijima with Uli Behringer

As my skills grew more diverse, so did my taste in music. Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Genesis, ELP and I Pooh became my inspirations. In junior high school, I bought an electric guitar and formed a band. That’s when I saw a synthesizer for the first time. It was amazing and I wanted one for myself, but it was just too expensive for a student like me.

When I entered university, I studied electronic engineering and played in a band. While that was going on, I’d also repair my friends’ amps and would design effects on the side. After graduation, I joined Korg to develop synthesizers like the MS-20 series, Sigma, KES and PME-40X series, Z3 and even Korg’scomponent modeling technology.

Over the past few years I have watched Behringer deliver high-quality synthesizers and pursue a very strong mission to deliver impressive instruments to musicians around the world. I reached out to Uli Behringer because I wanted to be part of his mission and help Behringer design world-class musical instruments. This is my dream, too.

These days, it’s difficult for current Japanese companies to create the types of synths that I used to develop. This is why I joined Behringer because my ambition to create professional analog synthesizers coincides with Uli Behringer’s love of musical instruments and with that I’m very excited to see what we can dream up.

I am currently looking for experienced embedded software leaders and engineers for our new Japanese Innovation center in Tokyo. Please can contact us at yuka.ishigami@musictribe.com.”


'Nuff said.


Man, this is a commercial press release. It could be true, but it doesn't actually mean anything or prove anything. There is a good chance it was even written for them by Behringer's media department. I've had press releases written for me and I've drafted them for others. Imbuing someone who none of us really know, except that he designed synths a long time ago, as having some kind of intrinsic value-laden stamp of approval is naive, and so is believing a press release.

It's not that much different to Tom Ford being signed to design Gucci.
OIP
i enjoy how they ripped off the minilogue buttons for the MS101. just another layer of hilarity
Panason
Quote:

Man, this is a commercial press release. It could be true, but it doesn't actually mean anything or prove anything. There is a good chance it was even written for them by Behringer's media department


More than a good chance, I'd say!

Behringer have a full-on campaign to re-do the brand image going on.

Seems that Uli's set on taking over from Korg and Roland by out-pricing them... and that's fair game as far as I'm concerned because nothing really interesting has come out of Japan in the synthesizer/ drum machine scene for a long time.

Perhaps if Yamaha can muscle in with some new products.... People are asking for a re-make of the RS-7000 with modern spec... but Japan seems to be focusing elsewhere. Also, it seems the Japanese economy is in dire straits and innovation (i.e. risk) is limited to dirt cheap stuff like Volcas..
lud
They should go after that Tats guy from korg instead. Probably already tried!
Panason


COME TO DADDY twisted
peripatitis
I thought that they only hired lawyers on their innovation center smile
bitflip
dubonaire wrote:


Man, this is a commercial press release. It could be true, but it doesn't actually mean anything or prove anything. There is a good chance it was even written for them by Behringer's media department. I've had press releases written for me and I've drafted them for others. Imbuing someone who none of us really know, except that he designed synths a long time ago, as having some kind of intrinsic value-laden stamp of approval is naive, and so is believing a press release.

It's not that much different to Tom Ford being signed to design Gucci.


I do appreciate your point, however i don't see the pr as completely devoid of meaning. In all the engineering disciplines i'm familiar with, the top people tend to circulate amongst the top companies in competition, and press releases similar to this are made when historically influential company people change brands. IMO this is just a sign that the guy is changing brands to the one that more closely aligns with his desires, and i hope it turns out to be fruitful.

Tom Ford is similar, except that he's got his own brand, is worth $500M, and is a household name apparently, whereas Nishijima is just a regular dude.
Sanys
I can't figure out why would someone expect innovation from B.
I can expect innovation coming from Sequential. I can expect innovation coming from Rossum. I can expect innovation coming from Waldorf etc Why? Because they prove to do so over the years and this is their path.

Does B make anything innovative? NO! Have they ever? NO! When will they do? Why would U expect that? seriously, i just don't get it
U are free to dream they will build the synth of your dreams next month at $300. Long story short they won't in the near future.

It's not hate, its plain logic. Innovation is not copying old schematics. Why u are such a fan-boi?
1-Probably because u are easily manipulated by dodgy "news". Dodgy news is all we have besides few synths (that were innovative more than 30 years ago) that were already more or less presented on the market.
2-u got paid to act this way
starthief
Sanys wrote:
It's not hate, its plain logic. Innovation is not copying old schematics. Why u are such a fan-boi?
1-Probably because u are easily manipulated by dodgy "news". Dodgy news is all we have besides few synths (that were innovative more than 30 years ago) that were already more or less presented on the market.
2-u got paid to act this way


Calling people "fan-boi", "easily manipulated" or claiming that they are paid to express their opinions is not logic either.

Yes, Behringer releases a lot of clones.

But look at the Neutron -- ugly, but they invented a new filter design for it, and used the 3340 VCO in ways that other synths didn't.

The DeepMind does have a lot of "classic designs" built in, but overall it's not a clone. And I think it might be the first synth with WiFi parameter control?
dubonaire
bitflip wrote:
dubonaire wrote:


Man, this is a commercial press release. It could be true, but it doesn't actually mean anything or prove anything. There is a good chance it was even written for them by Behringer's media department. I've had press releases written for me and I've drafted them for others. Imbuing someone who none of us really know, except that he designed synths a long time ago, as having some kind of intrinsic value-laden stamp of approval is naive, and so is believing a press release.

It's not that much different to Tom Ford being signed to design Gucci.


I do appreciate your point, however i don't see the pr as completely devoid of meaning. In all the engineering disciplines i'm familiar with, the top people tend to circulate amongst the top companies in competition, and press releases similar to this are made when historically influential company people change brands. IMO this is just a sign that the guy is changing brands to the one that more closely aligns with his desires, and i hope it turns out to be fruitful.

Tom Ford is similar, except that he's got his own brand, is worth $500M, and is a household name apparently, whereas Nishijima is just a regular dude.


My point is I don't think a press release about someone successfully seeking employment with a large manufacturer infers anything more than that simple fact. Industry leaders may change companies for value reasons, but usually they change companies because they are offered more money, or if it suits their long term career aspirations. We can't know the motivation from a press release. We can't be sure if it is true he approached Behringer first. It seems that Behringer is where the money is right now, if its public ambulance-chasing of Native Instruments employees is to be believed. (BTW unemployed people are in weak bargaining positions when it comes to employment contracts.) You know this could even be a strategy to manage investors, I would be really surprised if Behringer was doing all this expansion only using equity because that is not how 99% of companies do business.
Peake
oscilloscope wrote:
dkcg wrote:
Innovation and Behringer in the same sentence??

Finding new ways to steal old designs, literally.



Another Behringer hater fapping with insults, accusations, and taunts.

SlayerBadger!


Fuck Behringer.
Muzone
.....and another engineer/designer joins the Behringer talent pool

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/09/behringer-gligli-announced-collabo ration-to-develop-analog-synths.html
digitalganesha
Peake wrote:
oscilloscope wrote:
dkcg wrote:
Innovation and Behringer in the same sentence??

Finding new ways to steal old designs, literally.



Another Behringer hater fapping with insults, accusations, and taunts.

SlayerBadger!


Fuck Behringer.


If they make a Matrix 12 that I can buy for less than $12,000...... I will.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group