MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New poly synth/synth company - ASM Hydrasynth
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author New poly synth/synth company - ASM Hydrasynth
deltaphoenix
I searched and didn't get any results.

Am 8 voice wavetable based synth. The keyboard version has a 49key PolyAT keyboard, there is also a desktop version. It looks like the keys version is going to be $1299 and the desktop will be $799.

More info here:

http://www.ashunsoundmachines.com/hydrasynth-key?fbclid=IwAR3bkVUnYJOx ALiV-kxQfVNCcK0PL1UA3E5A99Frn8tTM9-oZjIIF_ZaumI

Looks pretty cool. Anyone know more about it?

Specs:

8 Voice Advanced Wavetable synthesis

2 Wavemorphing Oscillators
219 single cycle waveforms
User wavetables - 8 user selectable ‘wavelist’ per osc to build user wavetables
Every osc and patch can have its own user wavetable
WaveScan parameter for modulating through wavetables.
Keytracking – 0-200%
+/- 3 octave tuning range
1 fixed Wave OSC
219 single cycle waveforms
+/- 3 octave tuning range
Keytracking – 0-200%
Dual Mutators per oscillator
FM – Linear FM
Selectable Modulator source
Built in Sine & Triangle, OSC1, OSC2, OSC3, Mutators A, B, C, D, Noise gen, Ring Mod, External Mod 1&2 input.
WaveStack – Generates 5 detuned waves from input source. Detune amount.
Pulse Width Mod – Adjust pulse width of ALL waveforms.
PWSqueeze – Compresses the center section of the waveform. Differnnt type of PWM
PW-ASM – 8 User adjustable wave squeeze/stretch points.
Hard Sync – gives that classic sync sweep sound.
Selectable Sync input source.
Harmonic Sweep – will scan through the harmonics of the incoming sound.
Dry/Wet mix to blend the original OSC source.
Noise Generator
White, Pink, Brown noise sources
Ring modulator
Selectable input sources
OSC1, OSC2, OSC3, Noise, All Mutator outputs, External Mod ½ in.
Depth control
Sound source mixer
Mix the following sources - OSC1, OSC2, OSC3, Noise, and Ring Mod.
Panning for each source
Filter routing mix
Solos for each source (solo status is saved in the patch)
Two Filters
Series or parallel routing
Filter 1
12 & 24db modern ladder (compensated)
12 & 24db vintage ladder (uncompensated)
Threeler HP, LP
MS20 HP, LP
Low Pass Gate
Vocal filter
Multiple vowel order parameter
Formant parameter
Filter 2
Continuously Variable Lowpass-Band pass-High pass (Oberheim SEM style)
deltaphoenix
RickKleffel
That seems pretty damn awesome AND comparatively inexpensive for what you get. Haven't had the least bit of interest in a keyboard for a while, but this surely turned my head. Have to see what the desktop thing does, as Nick mentions it has "pads." A nice bit of PPG, with a bucket-load of innovation.... Wowsers.

These are surely boom times for synthesists, even those on a space/cashflow budget.

This is the synthesizer you were looking for.
david_r
A bunch of youtube videos just popped up about this synth.

Fallen_lassen
Yes.
ckwjr
love to see those coordinated YouTube reviews post within seconds of each other. Get those social media influencers marching in lock step.
deltaphoenix
ckwjr wrote:
love to see those coordinated YouTube reviews post within seconds of each other. Get those social media influencers marching in lock step.

Ha, I was going to say something along the same lines! Amazing how well put together their announcement is.
MARK27
This is one of the first synthesizers I've seen that really qualifies as a modern synthesizer, as opposed to some incremental improvement on a classic synth or laptop-substitute workstation.

It isn't trying to do everything under the sun and is really just trying to provide a modern, contemporary-capabilities synth engine.

If I wasn't such an old analog man, with one foot permanently in the past, I would be really interested in this thing. It looks really powerful and all the sounds I've heard have a unique robust-digital modern quality.

I kinda wish I had a kid for whom to get this thing.
deltaphoenix
MARK27 wrote:
This is one of the first synthesizers I've seen that really qualifies as a modern synthesizer, as opposed to some incremental improvement on a classic synth or laptop-substitute workstation.

It isn't trying to do everything under the sun and is really just trying to provide a modern, contemporary-capabilities synth engine.

If I wasn't such an old analog man, with one foot permanently in the past, I would be really interested in this thing. It looks really powerful and all the sounds I've heard have a unique robust-digital modern quality.

Dad!?!?! Is that you?
GuyaGuy
deltaphoenix wrote:
MARK27 wrote:

Dad!?!?! Is that you?

nectarios
I like the looks, interface and features.
The sound is a bit ..."eh"...I mean those nasal thin wavetables remind me of the cheap 80s synths... that are by the way, becoming cool again...for whatever reason.
Having said that, it does sound like it will sit in a busy mix with minimum fuss, which is also important.

But the interface is great and this is feature packed. Although its 2019 and for a digital synth that is mono timbral... it does raise a few eyebrows.

FX are decent. Might pick one up in the second hand market...but I think this will do well as its reasonably priced. It will probably put a dent into Novation's Peak, maybe.

Time will tell.
MARK27
deltaphoenix wrote:
MARK27 wrote:

Dad!?!?! Is that you?

Only yer momma can answer that.

But tell her me and the rest of the gang send our regards!
Panason
Nice. I approve of:
-Design. LED rings around encoders make me wet, baby
-Poly AT, ribbon
-Rigid buttons, no silicone

However, I disapprove of:

-Only 8 voices for a DSP synth?
-Sound seems a bit weak. This can't touch the Peak!
-Desktop version has all those pads and no step sequencer? A real missed opportunity.
beatcleaver
I don't know, I can't say I'm impressed with the sound - at least so far - I've listened to three demos. Interface looks good but doesn't sound anything special to me. Not bad by any means, it seems to produce quite a variety of timbres, and that's a decent price.

A lot of envelopes and modulation possibilities but would be nice if it was multi-timbral.
mongrol
ckwjr wrote:

and you can't trust a single one of them. neutral
rowsbywoof
Is this like a modern-day Fizmo? Sure sounds like they’re talking around not saying Transwave Synth. Looks interesting, either way, I’m curious to see how this one develops.
Dcramer
Really a beauty of a design, love those design nods to Ensoniq love
The synth architecture seems a bit like a Blofeld on steroids eek!
anselmi
I like the synthesis specs and it seems to have a solid construction,,,the ESQ-style editing is also a nice touch

sound is OK, not disapointning, but nothing groundbreaking though...

about aesthetics...I dunno...some parts of it are nice, but the overall impression is that it looks like the work of somebody who is not truly involved in synth design
they need somebody like Alex Hartmann...this man have the golden touch

anyway, a nice surprise...I hope they can grow and release more interesting products
SteeVtheRipper
I really am digging this synth! I was all settled on the Summit as m next purchase but this has me reconsidering. I do agree the sound demos thus far have been kind of meh, but...like the Moog One...I think once more people get their hands on them and spend some time really diving in we are going to hear some compelling stuff. I’ll be keeping my eye on this. Bummed that it’s 49 heys, only 8 voices and monotimbral. But the sheer amount of sound shaping possibilities is staggering. I think the interface is slick and smart. Had they added an extra octave there would be room for more knobs. Sequencer would have been nice but I don’t use them much personally. User wave forms also would have been welcome. But all things considered I think it’s a really exciting new offering. Love the look of it, especially they keyboard version. That black and orange is attractive, the cheeks remind me of a Jup8 and the Hydrasynth badging on the rear of the keyboard model reminds me of the Odyssey. Yes poly AT, Yes ribbon, Yes informative oLEDs! It’s crazy to think that just a few years ago Behringer DM12 at $1000 seemed like a steal. Competition is a great thing. This synth really stands out among the current crop of polys. Excited to see more!
nectarios
mongrol wrote:
ckwjr wrote:

and you can't trust a single one of them. neutral

Why not just trust your ears and eyes?
There is video of how the synth works and audio of what the synth, sounds like.
thee ghost ov n_phay
ckwjr wrote:

Rather offputting innit. The instrument does look interesting though, will wait for sonicstate full review.
mmp
I have been having a great time using polyphonic aftertouch with my Peak. I would love a Summit if it had polyaftertouch. I am thinking this combined with a Peak might be something worth owning.
tobb
Total shitty design...cv gate jacks on the top panel...lol

Its of course cheaper then making another pcb that has to fit at the back with a ribbon cable..
Prints
tobb wrote:

Its of course cheaper then making another pcb that has to fit at the back with a ribbon cable..

I prefer the CV jacks on the top panel.
nectarios
Prints wrote:
tobb wrote:

I prefer the CV jacks on the top panel.

Same, easier to access.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7