MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New poly synth/synth company - ASM Hydrasynth
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 [all]
Author New poly synth/synth company - ASM Hydrasynth
UltraViolet
iSapien1956672 wrote:
It was at knobcon, and one of the hype synths of the show so there were a lot of people waiting to get a taste, didn't have a ton of time to dive deep, but from what I was able to get into I was happy with what a company I had never heard of came out with straight outta the gate.

That seemed to be a problem for the really popular synths at Knobcon. Even with 2 days of exhibit time, with 1000 attendees there isn't enough time for people to really dive deep. Some manufacturers did personalized demos to small groups to help with this, but it is still too many people and too little time. To be fair they had to keep people moving so that others could a least get a taste. ASM's booth was always busy the few times that I was able to check.

Did anyone get a good chance to evaluate the poly AT on the keyboard?
Dstepatl
https://youtu.be/_bmalvoCzmI

Sounds quite fat and “warm” to me.
Xmit
so : spent quite a bit of time ( until it got a bit embarrassing & I remembered it's not cool to bogart a synth at a show ) on the Hydrasynth at Synthfest at Sheffield on Saturday.

I'll cut to the chase : Apart from the £7k Moog One & the £3.5k Waldorf Quantum it was the best new (i.e. not vintage or a re-issue, like the Moog Model 10 / 15 ) synth there. Period. In fact I've got to say it gives the Quantum a good run for its money - obviously there are a tonne of things in the Waldorf that I didn't even look at,that I know the Hydrasynth doesnt have, but on the face of it the Quantum is not '3 times' ( factoring cost ) the synth the Hydrasynth is.

Sounds terrific - both for ersatz analogue & pure digital. The build quality & feel is just stellar for this sort of money : it looks & feels like a really expensive instrument in the flesh. But the thing that really stuck with me is the interface - brilliant bit of design. So intuitive. even though it's not knob per function I actually found it quicker & easier to whip up patches than on say the Peak, which I'd also never used before.

It's a brilliant user interface that just invites you to create patches.

The arpeggiator is genius & the FX are brilliant. It plays like a dream too - so much nuanced control at your fingertips.

It was an inspiring joy to play - & as a rule I don't really like digital synths that much - this is probably the best 100% digital synth I've played since the D-50...apart from I could actually program the ASM machine hihi

I don't need one right now...but unless something else comes along in the next 12 months or so I can't imagine I won't pick one up eventually.
I think they may have made a classic.
digitalganesha
Xmit wrote:
It was an inspiring joy to play - & as a rule I don't really like digital synths that much - this is probably the best 100% digital synth I've played since the D-50.

It's like you aimed that one right at my soul. Sold. SlayerBadger!
Although it's important to remember - the D-50 makes you bleed in order to get it to shine. Even when you have editors, yet refuse to use them and do it all from the panel. Which I am very guilty of. ha
estin
Not sure if it was covered, but is this the same ASM that was involved with the Novation Supernova synth line?
vegeta897
estin wrote:
Not sure if it was covered, but is this the same ASM that was involved with the Novation Supernova synth line?

ASM is a new synth company, Ashun Sound Machines, and this is their first product under that name.

Novation's use of "ASM" was just an initialism for their "Analog Sound Modeling" technology.
estin
^ thank you for clearing that up.
Berlin2016
Shakespeare
Just pre-ordered the desktop version... can't wait. Seems like a deep, lovely machine... and the fact that it interfaces with euro is a nice little bonus.
onthebandwagon
I spoke with someone at Sweetwater and the delivery date is now looking more like sometime in December.
mmp
Well, at least mine will be paid for by then.
onthebandwagon
mmp wrote:
Well, at least mine will be paid for by then.

I was actually relieved as I need a couple more weeks to get the money togeather.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 [all]
Page 7 of 7