MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog Model 10
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Moog Model 10
jjsynth
Moog Model 10
Nice demo sounds... Guinness ftw!
blw
Cool! Was curious about the difference in the module selections and assembled a quick list:

Model 10:
1x 901 Voltage Controlled Oscillator
1x 901A Oscillator driver
2x 901B Oscillators
1x 902 Voltage Controlled Amplifier
1x 903A Random Signal Generator
1x 904A Voltage Controlled Low Pass Filter
1x 907 Fixed Filter Bank
2x 911 Envelope Generators
1x CP11 Console Panel

Model 15:
2x 902 Voltage Controlled Amplifiers
1x 904A Voltage Controlled Low Pass Filter
1x 907A Fixed Filter Bank
2x 911 Envelope Generators
1x 921 Voltage Controlled Oscillator
1x 921a Oscillator driver
2x 921b Oscillators
1x 923 Random Noise/Filter
1x 995 Attenuator
1x CP15 Console Panel

Seems like the 10 has an extra bit of waste in its panel use. Wider 907 instead of 907A, wider 901 panel vs. the 921, 903 instead of 923, for which you sacrifice an extra VCA and the attenuators when compared to the 15. 901 lust aside, the 15 seems a little slicker, but it is fun that they are making these!
EPTC
System 10 looks cool! The sound samples sound really nice, especially the 901 aesthetic; still would like a Synth-Werk 901 bank one of these days.

Fun to always revisit the original "Moog Modulars are Back!" thread: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129547
josaka
hard to get past the reverb and delays on all the demos..
hamildad
I wonder if they will add this as an in app purchase to the Model15 app?

would surely be a quick add on as most of the modules have been cloned in software already.
EPTC
hamildad wrote:
would surely be a quick add on as most of the modules have been cloned in software already.


Ha, yeah that'd be fun - All the modules have been cloned minus the 901's of course - Though I'd be curious about the CP11
blw
It would make me exceedingly happy if the OP would rename this thread:

“Is Moog Model 10 worth it , why ?”
nashsnazzy
I've thought about picking one up as I came into a small amount of money and I thought a Model 10 would be a timeless centerpiece for the studio. Can this system be easily combined with another case to expand its capabilities? if so, what would you expand it with?
josaka
Quote:
Can this system be easily combined with another case to expand its capabilities? if so, what would you expand it with?


you cant interchange modules.. it is what it is..
but.. it will work with anything 1v per octave..
so its a yes and no thing..
personally having the freedom of other makers like Synth-Werk is a wiser cheaper option..
but if you must have " moog" on it.. go for it..
also the matriarch is a lot more bang for buck., with 4 osc and loads of other good stuff at a 5th of the price.. no idea what is 5x the price on it
or crazily the 16 voice moog one.. !
blw
nashsnazzy wrote:
Can this system be easily combined with another case to expand its capabilities? if so, what would you expand it with?


Yes, Moon makes a very similar P Case for expansion. I'd start with their 569 sequencer and some related sequencing modules or one of the 960 clones by other builders. Or of couse, Moog offers its sequencer cab, too. I'd rather round out the System 10 with a few extra features, though. Old and new.
nashsnazzy
blw wrote:
nashsnazzy wrote:
Can this system be easily combined with another case to expand its capabilities? if so, what would you expand it with?


Yes, Moon makes a very similar P Case for expansion. I'd start with their 569 sequencer and some related sequencing modules or one of the 960 clones by other builders. Or of couse, Moog offers its sequencer cab, too. I'd rather round out the System 10 with a few extra features, though. Old and new.


Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at the Moon stuff.

Now I just need to decide between this and perhaps building a similar Eurorack system based on Aion and AJH modules.
josaka
dont like synth-werk..?
nashsnazzy
josaka wrote:
dont like synth-werk..?


Nothing against anyone I'm just new.
josaka
nashsnazzy wrote:
josaka wrote:
dont like synth-werk..?


Nothing against anyone I'm just new.


smile

here are a couple of things you may like..
mos lab and Synth-werk are very very good and not such a lot of money..
the SW 921 are excellent too (I have 5 ! and 4 901..and 3 ML 921)


MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group