MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sending out voltages from a MOTU 2408... not tracking...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Sending out voltages from a MOTU 2408... not tracking...
helix
Hi there, i've recently installed a new version of my DAW (Fl Studio) which has a new Voltage Controller plugin. Very excited about this for certain automations. I've realised however it isn't tracking 1v/oct from the plugin and i'm not sure why as other users say theirs is fine.

Does anybody use their MOTU soundcard to send CV signals out of, and if so did you have to do anything to set it up?

The plugin says it's outputting 1v/oct but the eurorack isn't receiving it. I've got a volt meter onto my 3.5mm jack and thqt confirms it's not sending accurately from the MOTU...
helix
In fact i'm getting 1 octave =0.85 volt so each octave is 2 semitones away from being as such on the eurorack. Anyone got experience with this? I've looked up the MOTU guide but it doesn't really help
Artaos
You might have already checked, but is the volume/gain stage for that output exactly unity?
helix
Thanks for the response!

I have indeed, and at no setting for the output “volume” can I get t to track correctly.
It’s most annoying!

I think maybe motu cards perhaps have to use their own Volta plutons to correct things perhaps?

That’s my guess. I might email them to check but then they’ll probably tell me I need to buy the plugin even if I don’t..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1