MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mother 32 Sequencer problem - Help!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Mother 32 Sequencer problem - Help!!
Steve Richards
Hi Folks,

I wonder if any of you can offer any advice regarding a strange issue with my Mother 32?

If I initialize pattern 1, 2 or 4, enter a simple sequence (say 4 notes) and save it, it plays correctly. However, if I turn the synth OFF and then ON again, the notes are there correctly but the tempo is wrong in that the first two notes play correctly then there is a gap in the tempo then the last two notes play correctly and the sequence restarts and the incorrect pattern sequence is repeated. Patterns 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 behave correctly!

I have two Mother 32s and only one of them displays this 'fault'.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received,

Regards,

Steve
BenA718
Wow, good luck, I’ve never heard of that issue. Looking through Google, it looks like there is no factory reset. Have you reached out to Moog?
batch
Sounds weird. Have you contacted Moog?
Steve Richards
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your comments.

I have contacted Moog via their Zen Desk but not had a reply yet BUT, the good news is that I have been pointed to the cause of the problem on another forum. To my embarrassment, the solution is shown in Moog's FAQ on their website although I didn't think of the issue as 'skipping a step', rather, 'delaying a step' but either way, the problem is now resolved.

This from Moog's FAQ:-

Quote:
Why is my Mother-32 sequencer skipping steps?

Check your swing settings. To reset hold SHIFT and move the tempo knob to the center (unity) position.


I have no idea how I managed at some time to set a 'swing/gate length' and I am not entirely sure why saving new notes didn't clear the swing setting but I guess that this has to be done separately from the notes!

I am delighted to report though that my Mother 32 lives to fight another day with her dignity intact!

Regards,

Steve
mome rath
Steve Richards wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your comments.

I have contacted Moog via their Zen Desk but not had a reply yet BUT, the good news is that I have been pointed to the cause of the problem on another forum. To my embarrassment, the solution is shown in Moog's FAQ on their website although I didn't think of the issue as 'skipping a step', rather, 'delaying a step' but either way, the problem is now resolved.

This from Moog's FAQ:-

Quote:
Why is my Mother-32 sequencer skipping steps?

Check your swing settings. To reset hold SHIFT and move the tempo knob to the center (unity) position.


I have no idea how I managed at some time to set a 'swing/gate length' and I am not entirely sure why saving new notes didn't clear the swing setting but I guess that this has to be done separately from the notes!

I am delighted to report though that my Mother 32 lives to fight another day with her dignity intact!

Regards,

Steve


regarding the gate length/swing, they're combinations of holding "shift" and turning a particular potentiometer(s)

gate length is set per step, swing I guess is pattern-wide

good luck--the insane button combinations required for sequencing were just too much for me.
Steve Richards
Quote:
good luck--the insane button combinations required for sequencing were just too much for me.


Yes, they bring a new meaning to 'arcane' and they have clearly caught me out here!!

Regards,

Steve
Alphaman
did you saved the pattern with heavy shuffle maybe? i dunno if shuffle will be saved also within patterns. did not tried that yet.
Steve Richards
Alphaman wrote:
did you saved the pattern with heavy shuffle maybe? i dunno if shuffle will be saved also within patterns. did not tried that yet.


Not that I am aware of!
Alphaman
shuffle/swing will be stored within patterns, tried that :-D
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group