MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[PreOrder] C112 Assistants ( Update: It will be released)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author [PreOrder] C112 Assistants ( Update: It will be released)
Thalassa
Important update 01-10-2019 : The module has get enough preorders and the it will be released It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! . You still can preorder it until the 7th of October and get a 10% discount. If you have already preordered thanks a lot for your support. Hug

A year ago I've started thread asking for advice designing an utility module. After many good advices from different forum members here it is what can be the next Corsynth module.
The module group together several basic but yet very useful functions like Glide , an attenuverter, an inverter, white and pink noise and a bipolar to unipolar function.

The module is already designed and fully working but since I don't know if there is enough interest for this kind of module I've opened a pre-order period to gauge interest. As other times to pre-order you have to make a 50€ deposit and you get a 10% off from the final price 160€ ( plus vat in the EU). Of course the deposit is fully refundable if the module is not released. Estimated released time is mid of November.

You can find more info about the module and the pre-ordering processes here : https://corsynth.com/home/modules/assistants

MU market is small and if there is no interest in the module is better to invest the money in other modules that can attract more people thumbs up

This is the front panel:

And this is the prototype :

Small video showing the glide modes

Update 04-10-2019

Following some suggestions I modified the module and now it has even more functionality. Now the attenuverter is internally connected to 5V so if nothing is connected to the input it can be used as a voltage source from -5V to 5V. Also the inverter input is internally connected to the attenuverter output. Inserting a jack at the inverter input breaks this connection. This normalization is very useful, a signal an its inverted are available at the same time without the need to use a multiples. Those signals can be used for modulation purposes in many ways for example to patch a Auto Panning effect like on the video

Patch description

For this patch we use a triangle wave from a LFO patched to the attenuverter input. The output is internally connected to the inverter input. So now we have two triangle waves,one inverted and one normal.

Each triangle wave is patched to the CV input of a VCA. Both VCAs have the same audio input.One of the VCAs is our L output and the other the R output. For a real panning effect, not just jumping from L to R, we need to add a bit of initial gain to the VCAs.

The amount of panning can be controlled with the attenuverter level.

In this patch we are using another LFO to control the frequency of the first LFO to create an interesting panning effect.

The final front panel looks like this :
dslocum
Good idea. Thought of something like this myself but never got around to making it.

One friendly suggestion though, would be to normal the +/-5V input to a precise +5 source. I'm frequently looking for a constant voltage source and this would be an ideal place to get +5V.
cornutt
I would buy this.

EDIT: never mind my comment about the noise sources -- I see we already had that discussion.
Thalassa
dslocum wrote:
Good idea. Thought of something like this myself but never got around to making it.

One friendly suggestion though, would be to normal the +/-5V input to a precise +5 source. I'm frequently looking for a constant voltage source and this would be an ideal place to get +5V.

Thanks smile. This kind of functions are not very attractive by themselves but they are really useful and they open a lot of possibilities . About the voltage source if nothing is connected to the +/-5v the 0-5v out has a 2,5v at it's output. Also the attenuverter will have a 5v connected to the input so it can be used as voltage source.

cornutt wrote:
I would buy this.

EDIT: never mind my comment about the noise sources -- I see we already had that discussion.

So now it's the time to do it Mr. Green
Talking seriously the module will be only released if I have enough preorders. So if you think that you would buy it, now it's the moment to pre-order . You don't have nothing to loose if the module is not released the money will be refunded . smile
daveholiday
As always, you have my support!
Thalassa
daveholiday wrote:
As always, you have my support!

Thank you Adam we're not worthy we're not worthy
josaka
for the next one ! a ring mod (bode style) with arpeggiator and autoglide..

smile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smilesmile smile
Thalassa
Could be... could be.... hihi hihi hihi hihi
TimeRaveler
josaka wrote:

...or, a 1U fixed filter bank with 12-14 smaller knobs like those on the Dotcom ++ modules. I would buy that in a heartbeat.
josaka
TimeRaveler wrote:
josaka wrote:

...or, a 1U fixed filter bank with 12-14 smaller knobs like those on the Dotcom ++ modules. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

why not both..? personally Im no fan of EQs in my modular smile but its a good idea for those that are.. also a 1u polymoog eq section would be useful.. trick is to capture the lovely warm sounding harmonics of these old unit as opposed to just the functionality of them.. the new behringer 808 is a prime example of this..it is overlooked way to often in these premium priced units smile
Thalassa
For me bank filters are interesting when they have individual outputs for each band frequency. If not they are just EQs smile
Thalassa
Important update : The module has get enough preorders and the it will be released. It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
You still can preorder it until the 7th of October and get a 10% discount. If you have already preordered thanks a lot for your support. Hug
sbuge
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Thalassa
Today I've recorded a small video showing the glide modes of the C112

Thalassa
Following some suggestions I modified the module and now it has even more functionality. Now the attenuverter is internally connected to 5V so if nothing is connected to the input it can be used as a voltage source from -5V to 5V. Also the inverter input is internally connected to the attenuverter output. Inserting a jack at the inverter input breaks this connection. This normalization is very useful, a signal an its inverted are available at the same time without the need to use a multiples. Those signals can be used for modulation purposes in many ways for example to patch a Auto Panning effect like on the video

Patch description

For this patch we use a triangle wave from a LFO patched to the attenuverter input. The output is internally connected to the inverter input. So now we have two triangle waves,one inverted and one normal.

Each triangle wave is patched to the CV input of a VCA. Both VCAs have the same audio input.One of the VCAs is our L output and the other the R output. For a real panning effect, not just jumping from L to R, we need to add a bit of initial gain to the VCAs.

The amount of panning can be controlled with the attenuverter level.

In this patch we are using another LFO to control the frequency of the first LFO to create an interesting panning effect.

The final front panel looks like this :
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1